Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by wobycat »

At full strength Ironton was not as good as burg last year but they did have a chance to win that 1st game. I thought the burg coaches went very vanilla in that game unsure of what they had. Time will tell about this years squad both burg and Ironton.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

IBTT wrote:
JTEK wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I HOPE YOU'RE SPOT ON IBTT.
History has shown he is always dead on :lol:
If you would look at last season, Ironton just about had that game in the bag a couple of times and handed it over to the burg. Yes the Burg came out with a one touchdown win, however, Ironton was in this game all the way to the last click of the clock. I was very close to being one of the few people on here that was Dead On. After that game, Ironton lost numerous kids, top starters, for the season. The playoff game wasn't Irontons best shot. With the low numbers last season, replacing the starters in such high numbers was impossible and it showed. The Burg played well though. They are always very well coached and do get better every year from start to finish.
How did they almost have it in the bag? The only score came from a palledino break away run. They could barely gain on any play. Come on IBTT. We saw the game. You read second hand what went on.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Having the ball inside the 20, three times and turning it over is barely not moving the ball.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Burg found the weak spot in the ironton defense last year, the frosh at end and they ran over him all night the second half. burg will find the weak spots again this year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

IBTT is right. The Tigers outplayed the burg in the first game and had chances to win it, however they were playing with emotion from the home crowd. Even still they couldn't pull it off. If last years game opened in burg, the pirates would have won by a couple more scores. Again we are talking history. What can the Tigers do to break their losing streak to the burg? Burg once again will usher in a new quarterback, but those whom are pushing for the job have quite a bit of varsity experience. I believe the season and this game particularly lies on burgs offensive line. Hard to say what that will be like until some scrimmages.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Wow! Sounds like the same old song and dance. Wander what the excuses will be after this one.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

IBTT wrote:
JTEK wrote:
If you would look at last season, Ironton just about had that game in the bag a couple of times and handed it over to the burg. Yes the Burg came out with a one touchdown win, however, Ironton was in this game all the way to the last click of the clock. I was very close to being one of the few people on here that was Dead On. After that game, Ironton lost numerous kids, top starters, for the season. The playoff game wasn't Irontons best shot. With the low numbers last season, replacing the starters in such high numbers was impossible and it showed. The Burg played well though. They are always very well coached and do get better every year from start to finish.
You predicted a 37-0 Ironton win

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Buramgerdin wrote:Burg found the weak spot in the ironton defense last year, the frosh at end and they ran over him all night the second half. burg will find the weak spots again this year.
That Frosh had 12 tackles and 6 for a sack. If that was Ironton's weakness last year, I hope the whole team is weak like him this year. :roll:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

JTEK wrote:

THEN I CAN REST EASY JTEK

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IBTT wrote:
JTEK wrote:

ironton did give it away last year in rd. 1

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BigBlueNation wrote:Wow! Sounds like the same old song and dance. Wander what the excuses will be after this one.

no excuses here and the proper use of the word here would be wonder not wander.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Drinking my coffee and patiently waiting for "Reason #4" from IBTT for today.

This ought to be good.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

IBTT wrote:
Buramgerdin wrote:Burg found the weak spot in the ironton defense last year, the frosh at end and they ran over him all night the second half. burg will find the weak spots again this year.
That Frosh had 12 tackles and 6 for a sack. If that was Ironton's weakness last year, I hope the whole team is weak like him this year. :roll:
Just because you tackle the quarterback doesn't always mean it's a sack.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote:Wow! Sounds like the same old song and dance. Wander what the excuses will be after this one.

no excuses here and the proper use of the word here would be wonder not wander.
Woop, woop, It's the Grammer police.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I HADDA DO THAT SINCE THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT EXCUSES. THIS POSTER TRYS NOT TO MAKE EM. YOU GET BEAT YA GET BEAT.

Pirate Baller
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Baller »

Da Burg by as many as they want. Me and the squad got other plans and not even gonna bother with this one. That clock gonna be runnin like usain bolt come second half!!!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Is IBTT all out of reasons for the Tigers win? I thought we were getting 10, I am only finding 3 so far.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HE'S THINKING, BE PATIENT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GONNA BE A LONG WEEKEND FOR THEM PIRATES IF THE FIGHTING TIGERS COME IN THERE AND UPSET THE PIRATES IN THEIR ''PIRATE SHIP''. I WONDER HOW THE BURGITES WOULD DEAL WITH THAT, BEEN A WHILE.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Abe Froman wrote:You have a better back than Palladino in your backfield this year?
Palladino gave up, got an attitude, got ostracized, & got GONE.

Return to “Football”