IRONTON TIGERS

timbo52
Riding the Bench

IRONTON TIGERS

Post by timbo52 »

Anyone hear anything about those tigers this year, heard they were in weight room, just not sure how many, any thoughts on starters?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: IRONTON TIGERS

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I hope they are hitting the weights hard.

I think the backfield will be just fine :)

The question is, the line. How will they perform this year with several holes to fill.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Does anyone know who the Fighting Tigers are scrimmaging this year, date and time?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd like to know as well. thinking the previews are at Portsmouth.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Skilled positions will be loaded, we have a number of good linemen, not a lot of depth. Still many kids who want to play just Basketball. Until this gets fixed it will be tough on the coaching staff and the kids to put together a team like they used to. When you have a small school like Ironton who has kids who only play one sport and aren't able to play the other without worrying about losing a spot on the team, it makes it tough. Considering, they do have a good chance of surprising many people again this year, however, it will take not having injuries. This team is full of good kids and good athletes. Look for a team with a no quit attitude this year. Might get to watch a couple of freshmen who have been hitting the weights hard get some time on the field this season.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironton sounds like a good team, but how is the depth with the numbers being down from the title years?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

IBTT wrote:Skilled positions will be loaded, we have a number of good linemen, not a lot of depth. Still many kids who want to play just Basketball. Until this gets fixed it will be tough on the coaching staff and the kids to put together a team like they used to. When you have a small school like Ironton who has kids who only play one sport and aren't able to play the other without worrying about losing a spot on the team, it makes it tough. Considering, they do have a good chance of surprising many people again this year, however, it will take not having injuries. This team is full of good kids and good athletes. Look for a team with a no quit attitude this year. Might get to watch a couple of freshmen who have been hitting the weights hard get some time on the field this season.
Didn't you so loaded last year. That was the least talented Ironton team I've ever seen.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Oak wrote:
IBTT wrote:Skilled positions will be loaded, we have a number of good linemen, not a lot of depth. Still many kids who want to play just Basketball. Until this gets fixed it will be tough on the coaching staff and the kids to put together a team like they used to. When you have a small school like Ironton who has kids who only play one sport and aren't able to play the other without worrying about losing a spot on the team, it makes it tough. Considering, they do have a good chance of surprising many people again this year, however, it will take not having injuries. This team is full of good kids and good athletes. Look for a team with a no quit attitude this year. Might get to watch a couple of freshmen who have been hitting the weights hard get some time on the field this season.
Didn't you so loaded last year. That was the least talented Ironton team I've ever seen.
They was fairly loaded last year but losing two starting RB's early in the season didn't help. Palladino was pretty much lost after the first game after being injured against Wheelersburg and then losing Wilson soon thereafter.

He's right, the backfield is going to be loaded this year, I would say one of the best we've had the last few years. If the line steps it up this year it should be an exciting year.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I would like to see the Tigers do very well this year. They are do, and it wouldn't surprise me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

me too trench.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I'm interested if these young men have the fire to play and complete every down this year.
Seems they would start well but give up when the had trouble stopping a drive.
Confidence needs to be installed and the fire needs be lit for this team.
They can have all the talent in the world but if the don't believe in their-self's then they may falter again this this year.
Go Tigers get that ROAR back.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I see that the previews is in south point, in pointer land.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

maniac66 wrote:I'm interested if these young men have the fire to play and complete every down this year.
Seems they would start well but give up when the had trouble stopping a drive.
Confidence needs to be installed and the fire needs be lit for this team.
They can have all the talent in the world but if the don't believe in their-self's then they may falter again this this year.
Go Tigers get that ROAR back.
At the 7 on 7 if this is any indication, there were 20 teams involved, only 2 Ohio teams, Ironton and Burg. There were three fights during the whole 7 on 7. Ironton didn't start any of them, but were involved in all of them. Ironton players were jumped on sometimes 4 on 1 and the Ironton kids always came out on top. The attitude of these kids were really good during the 7 on 7. Other teams coaches came up to the players involved and told them great job not backing down to the other teams after they taunted and took cheap shots on our kids. They said that their kids just backed away and took it. They were glad that our kids showed theirs that football isn't a sissy sport. I don't agree with fighting, but when four kids take a cheap shot on 1 kid, I was happily surprised that our kids never backed down. These kids had a lot of fight.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
Oak wrote:
They was fairly loaded last year but losing two starting RB's early in the season didn't help. Palladino was pretty much lost after the first game after being injured against Wheelersburg and then losing Wilson soon thereafter.

He's right, the backfield is going to be loaded this year, I would say one of the best we've had the last few years. If the line steps it up this year it should be an exciting year.
I really haven't seen as many skilled players as we have this year for a while. It could be a really good season at Ironton. There are three kids being scouted by numerous division one schools and a lot of talent around them. It isn't too often to see any school in southern Ohio having three kids who are being recruited by division one schools. If they can get their offensive game plan together, this should be a real exciting season. Scott will be the top running back in southern Ohio this season if not the top in the state.

Did I mention, the defense should be nasty!!! We for once will have probably only half or less of our offensive starters playing defense. That way we will be able to be rested on the line and in other places that could be real important. Defensively, we will have almost the whole group of starters back that were there last year. Missing only three starters.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Wow, three D1 kids plus a tight woven group of seniors. Good luck against Coldwater in the State Championship game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I THINK BURG IS ALL THAT'S ON THE PLATE RIGHT NOW. GREAT POINT ABOUT COLDWATER THOUGH.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Three D1 players. Best running back in the state. Nasty defense with tremendous depth of players that can whip 4 guys a piece. What a team.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Oak wrote:Three D1 players. Best running back in the state. Nasty defense with tremendous depth of players that can whip 4 guys a piece. What a team.
Go back to the old forum and read some of the posts from many of these same posters leading up to last season. Pretty much the same stuff, "10-0 season, best group of backs in the state, teams will fear for their life after a few plays,no one will be able to play with us", the same exaggerated weights, 40 times and recruiting stuff as well

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Same stupid crap from the same stupid poster.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Looks to me like a couple of Burg fans are having a bit of a problem with a thought that another local team could possibly have a good year.

I stated numerous times that I believe Burg will be a good team this year and coached well. If I remember correctly, it was only a couple of years ago that a division 5 Valley team came into the Burg and beat them at home. Not saying Valley wasn't good, or coached by one of the best. But, other teams in the area can compete when they have the talent.

Last year's first game could have gone either way. After that game Ironton lost many of their top players. This year could and should be much of the same as last year's first game. 14-6 was the final score with Ironton blowing numerous scoring opportunities.

This year it will most likely be another good game. Ironton isn't in a down year by no means this season. Actually they should be much better as an all around team, plus they should have some backups this year, where they didn't have much last season.

Return to “Football”