Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

voodoochild wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:You have a better back than Palladino in your backfield this year?
We have 2 RB's better than Palladino this year.
So Scott I assume is one you reffering to but who would the other be?
Scott is the real deal
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

voodoochild wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:You have a better back than Palladino in your backfield this year?
Yes, Scott is one of them. He's 6'2! 210 and has been laser timed at a 4.4 40, he's the real deal. He's solid as a rock and fast. The other, you'll see :)

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Over the years Ironton has reloaded not rebuilt. Yes the last several years have been not great years according to Ironton standards, but not all that bad by most teams. Ironton has a much quicker team this year than they did last year. They also have a much more experienced defensive backfield and skilled players. Webb looks to be the best looking tackle I have seen in a number of years in this area. (We all know there have been some good tackles that have come out of this area, so yes I am saying a lot there). With the kids coming out Monday, our line will have good depth for the first time in many years. Ironton should have the numbers to have a freshman squad. This being said, our freshman group looks really nice, hopefully this will help to continue the good numbers.

Of course I won't know how this team will do until they get the pads on and play their first game. This team has the talent to surprise some. Could be one of those years that everything comes together. I have seen what Burg has coming out this year and I know they will be as good as they were last year. As a Tigers fan, hopefully this will be the year that Ironton gets back on track and can play with the big boys. Burg has already proven to be up to that challenge in my opinion.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that's about as level headed a post as you'll see today ibtt. now time to see if the young'uns want it bad enough. great thought about finally having numbers to have a pure freshman team. that's a bigger deal than many may think.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:that's about as level headed a post as you'll see today ibtt. now time to see if the young'uns want it bad enough. great thought about finally having numbers to have a pure freshman team. that's a bigger deal than many may think.
I'll agree with you there, by the end of the day Ironton's entire team will have offers on the table from Ohio state and they will be the best team in the state and maybe the country. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU GUYS ARE BOUT TO MAKE OLE BAIT PEE A LIL BIT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
voodoochild wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:
Yes, Scott is one of them. He's 6'2! 210 and has been laser timed at a 4.4 40, he's the real deal. He's solid as a rock and fast. The other, you'll see :)
The running back will be interesting to watch but he's not going to single handily win a ball game. Burg will force them to pass the football if they can't control him with the front 7. If the back is that good, look for the Tigers to run the ovc

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

em burgites just may get a big ole hole in that ship too.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:Yes, Scott is one of them. He's 6'2! 210 and has been laser timed at a 4.4 40, he's the real deal. He's solid as a rock and fast. The other, you'll see :)

Sorry, but I am calling BS on the 4.4 time.

Braxton Miller ran a 4.5 at the NFL Combine, there were very few forty times that were "sub" 4.5 at the combine from some very good players.

Is it possible this kid ran a 4.4? Sure I guess, but I know how these forty-time legends go and get spun.

A 4.65 to 4.75 is scooting for most local HS athletes, in fact true 40-times of a lot of the better HS players are barely under 5.0 truth be told.

I will believe it when I see it.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Abe Froman wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:Yes, Scott is one of them. He's 6'2! 210 and has been laser timed at a 4.4 40, he's the real deal. He's solid as a rock and fast. The other, you'll see :)

Braxton Miller ran a 4.5 at the NFL Combine, there were very few forty times that were "sub" 4.5 at the combine from some very good players.

Is it possible this kid ran a 4.4? Sure I guess, but I know how these forty-time legends go and get spun.

A 4.65 to 4.75 is scooting for most local HS athletes, in fact true 40-times of a lot of the better HS players are barely under 5.0 truth be told.

I agree 100%, one of the fastest RB's I can remember at Ironton was Jermon Jackson in the 90's. Jermons 40 at Ohio State was a 4:56. I've seen this kid run and he's every bit as fast as him. He reminds me a lot of Jermon with a little more size.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

This thread has just turned into gold, pure gold I tell you, thank you IBTT.

I think IBTT should put out a "Top 10 Reasons Why Ironton Beats Burg This Year"

It is August 1st and we are off to the races and some smack talk lol.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I'm not doubting what they are saying about him being fast, however this is not a track meet. The Tigers will have to defend, play special teams, etc. something they will have to prove. This kid is a legend and they haven't put on pads. Calling him a better version of Jermon Jackson is saying something.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

It is hard to have a track meet with 11 guys in your way. Speed is one thing to have on your side, but when you have no where to go with that speed, there lies the problem. He may be fast, he may not be. Who cares. This one will be won in the trenches just like the last 4 have. Burg will wear down Irontons line and then the real track meet will start. Burg looking to score fast and plenty and Ironton just trying to hurry up and get to the greyhound.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Dandy Don wrote:This thread has just turned into gold, pure gold I tell you, thank you IBTT.

I think IBTT should put out a "Top 10 Reasons Why Ironton Beats Burg This Year"

It is August 1st and we are off to the races and some smack talk lol.
Reason #1 why Ironton Defeats Wheelersburg.

It's just Burg!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

These Burg fans are acting like they own the division already because they made it to the semi-finals last season and got thumped by the EVENTUAL STATE CHAMPION. Last year Ironton was in one of its very average if not below average years (6-5) as far as teams at Ironton go and in the first game of the season blew numerous scoring chances eventually losing the game by one score to the Burg. This years Ironton team is much better as a whole than the team who played the Burg in the first game of last year. From what I have seen,the Burg will be somewhat more average according to Burg standards this year. Again it's Just the Burg!!! No body in southern Ohio is holding any titles or trophies for winning anything since 1989. Somebody down here needs to step up. Though I am rooting for the Tigers, if the Burg can beat the Tigers this year I will be in the Burg crowd rooting for them to win. I think they will be watching this year myself though.

Reason # 2 will be tomorrow

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:

I agree 100%, one of the fastest RB's I can remember at Ironton was Jermon Jackson in the 90's. Jermons 40 at Ohio State was a 4:56. I've seen this kid run and he's every bit as fast as him. He reminds me a lot of Jermon with a little more size.
High school 40 yard dashes are timed from the time the runner begins to move to the time any body part touches the line. College 40 yard dashes are from the time a runner begins to move to the time his whole body crosses over the line. It is approximately a tenth of a second difference. That is also the way the Pro's do their 40 yard dashes. The kid in junior high broke a state record at Ohio State for his age division in the 100 meter. Last season, he was one of the top backs in Atlanta, Ga. He is being recruited by numerous schools including South Carolina. He ran two 4.4 40's within ten minutes of each other Friday. He has the speed and his highlight reel from last year is sweet.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Yes it was only one score in Game 1, but it was a running clock in Game 11.

Best back in Atlanta, Georgia is a big statement, this boy sounds like the real deal. Ironton game always worries me, it was the game I picked on another thread that I said worried me most, rivalry games in Week 1 anything can happen.

So Burg better be ready to get after it, can't take anyone lightly, but we always prepare well. Looking forward to this one more and more now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SOME INTERESTING STATS ABOUT IRONTON/BURG SERIES.
STARTED IN 82. PER IRONTON FOOTBALL.COM-WHICH SHOWS SCORES THROUGH 2007. IRONTON BEAT BURG 13 TIMES. BURG WON 4 TIMES. 12 IRONTON WINS WERE UNDER BOB LUTZ, 1 WAS INDER MERRILL TRIPLETT HIS ONLY YEAR AT IRONTON. THE BURG HAD WINS IN 96, 98,99,07 WHICH WAS BOB LUTZ'S LAST YEAR.------------ IRONTON HAD WINS IN 82,83,94,95,PLAYOFF WIN 95,97,00,01,02,03,04,05,ALL UNDER COACH BOB LUTZ----------06(UNDER TRIPLETT),IN THE 17 GAMES IRONTON OUTSCORED WHEELERSBURG 327 POINTS TO 215, IF MY MATH IS RIGHT. IRONTON AVERAGED 19.2 POINTS A GAME THROUGH THIS TIME FRAME. WHILE BURG SCORED 12.6 POINTS A GAME IN THE SAME TIME FRAME. -------------------------------------- BOTTOM LINE IS BOB LUTZ SHOULD HAVE A STREET IN WHEELERSBURG NAMED AFTER HIM, BECAUSE HE OWNED THE PIRATES. SINCE HIS RETIREMENT IT'S BEEN 9 YEARS OF LOSSES.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I know people hate to talk about the past. but it is what it is. it's been an awesome series, tremendous gates, both teams bring the whole town out. featured on newscast's everywhere. both perennial powerhouse playoff teams. both won state titles in 89 but did not play that year. the series was not played between 84-93.since 2007 burg has dominated the fighting tigers. --------------- so this year tiger fans hope to board that pirate ship and pillage it. and they'll likely meet 2 times this year again. sorry but I don't have any facts past 2007. but for tiger fans it has been dismal.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no doubt this will be another doozy. will/can ironton come into this game as prepared and conditioned as well as wheelersburg. since 2007 we have not done either.in short, I hope this is a game that is always played. it's good for small town ohio football, and the 2 great communities. I'd be curious if somebody like madd dogg had the stats since 2007, though I'd prefer not to see them in print.but that's what makes this series the most talked about in seops country.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I love the competitiveness in this series. and I love chatting with burg fans. they are cocky and confident. and plan on coming in and dominating you. but are always great to chat with. the same with fighting tiger fans, the vast majority of the series from 82-07 we were the cocky, confident fans. now burg is. ----------------- it remains to be seen how that plays out. but wheelersburg and ironton are 2 teams everyone wants to beat.and which ever team loses week 1, between the 2 it's a huge loss. not insurmountable, but a huge loss points wise for week 11. well this tiger fan wishes luck to both squads and hope they have great seasons, and playoff wins.

Return to “Football”