SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: JJhuddle message board shut down August 1st

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Didn't care much for JJhuddle.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I was on there briefly years ago under my same user name here. but spent nearly no time there. always spent way more time on seops. also posted about 10 times on bluegrass preps under the same name. the week of an ironton/Ashland game. but if I'm online, I'm on facebook or here.or playing solitaire.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Started on JJ back in 2000 when It was just starting out and stayed for 16 years. In the early days it was a great site to be on. Lots of talk about sports and kids and the schools. It was a pioneer for what is now a huge medium for high school sports and guys and gals like us today. JJ was my first radio interview ever when I had my first call in show. Back in the early days there was nothing better.

Live Like A Champion!
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wasn't there a lot of trash talking back in 99-2000 when Logan had playoff teams ? Seems like I remember the Logan fans and Columbus area fans were really going at it.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

RIP!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

noreply66 wrote:JJ is where I picked up this site. Maybe you guys had it on there?????

Here is how that went down as I remember it............

Someone on SEOPS, and I can't remember who, posted on JJHuddle about a new website called SoutheasternOhioPreps.com. That poster was banned for promoting an outside chat forum. That poster posted on SEOPS that he just got banned on the Huddle for posting a link to SEOPS. That was one of the most fun threads in SEOPS history! As SEOPS users started reading that thread, they too began posting about SEOPS on the Huddle and thus getting themselves banned on the Huddle. I joined in the fun and was banned on the Huddle as well. As each of us were banned, we would go back to the SEOPS thread and post what we posted on the Huddle about SEOPS and how we were banned from the Huddle. We then all b*tched about how the Huddle had went downhill and wasn't nearly as fun as SEOPS.

This all went down when SEOPS was relatively brand new and didn't have a lot of users, but it was growing pretty fast from word of mouth. When I joined, I was one of only a few posters not from Lawrence or Scioto County. Getting ourselves banned on the Huddle for spreading this website really started bringing in new posters from all over southeastern Ohio. It was definitely worth it and a lot of fun in the process!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Huddle was where I started this stuff. Have moved onto here and Ohio Chatter...and RedsZone

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

cbolt wrote:Wasn't there a lot of trash talking back in 99-2000 when Logan had playoff teams ? Seems like I remember the Logan fans and Columbus area fans were really going at it.

Yes the OCC people talked so much trash and we went into Westerville South and just crushed them and then beat the all mighty Pickerington Tigers at the time as well. It stopped. :mrgreen:

Live Like A Champion!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LogangradKD wrote:
cbolt wrote:Wasn't there a lot of trash talking back in 99-2000 when Logan had playoff teams ? Seems like I remember the Logan fans and Columbus area fans were really going at it.

Yes the OCC people talked so much trash and we went into Westerville South and just crushed them and then beat the all mighty Pickerington Tigers at the time as well. It stopped. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: I remember that very well Logangrad and even won some money betting on the Chiefs @ Westerville South. :lol: :lol: :lol: Chiefs put it on them good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

The Huddle was a good thing at onetime but then they started charging for their site and allowing others to dictate what could be said.
If they did not agree your post was deleted even if it was a good post and made sense.
the over Lords got power hungry and made sure their schools was taken care of and others was left to be deleted so to speak.
I haven't been on it for years the nonsense has gotten ridiculous on it.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Maybe this site should expand North a little bit... Have a Central Ohio Thread?

SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

The Huddle was okay in early 2000. Then JJ and his cronies, (the moderators) showed their true colors when they would warn and/or "gong" posters for not addressing Steubenville "correctly" and showing them their "due respect" to a certain few Steubenville posters. I was once gonged for referring to them as "Big Reds." Another time I was gonged for pointing out that there is another team in Ohio called Big Red in Plymouth high school. Massilon was another "untouchable" topic. A friend of mine was first warned, and then finally gonged for pointing out that Massilon's 22 state championships were mythical, and then calling them the "mythical state champions." I came over to this site and then became one of the many who were finally "gonged" from JJ's for promoting this site. Recently this site had a turn like JJ's with a few mods protecting a few schools and a few posters. Hopefully that nonsense is behind us now. But I am glad JJ's is gone. I'm surprised it took this long.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Raider6309 wrote: I thought you were Gochiefs on there
Nope. I'm GoChiefs on here, the OC, and the Huddle.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

This site was a lot more active, hasn't quite picked up after the new site was launched. I grew up on the huddle lol, often painfully as I was a school spirit blinded 15 year old kid haha, but great time nonetheless.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

knowledge wrote:This site was a lot more active, hasn't quite picked up after the new site was launched. I grew up on the huddle lol, often painfully as I was a school spirit blinded 15 year old kid haha, but great time nonetheless.
couldn't agree KP. The site has been a joke since JJ sold it. I used to post on it all the time

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Good riddance. I was on JJ from 2000 until about 2007-2008 and have been here pretty much since then. I got gonged for bringing up slumpbusters.

Also had a nice interaction on there when people were sharing their MySpace profiles and one of the "goddesses" that JJ protected on there personally attacked me since I had an absurd amount of profile views (was randomly posted on their home page) and I got suspended for asking a moderator why she was allowed to do that. Fun place. I even stayed on for a couple of months after they started to charge, but the site's quality dropped off once that happened.

Glad we have this site.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

I must have missed that. Logan came to Hamilton Township a few times around 2006-2007, and we HT'ers didn't have much to trash-talk about, the Chieftains were a scoring machine, and we had much respect for them. I even got to chat with Dale Amyx before both games, he and I had worked together at the old Gold Circle retail chain when he was in college.

I got to know a few Logan fans on jjhuddle back then, enjoyed talking with them.. I joined the Huddle in 2007, and have had a blast on there ever since, especially during football season. I'm sad to see it go. During the "$12 membership" debacle, several folks PM'd me on there about SEOPS, Yappi, and OhioChatter, and I joined all three. I wasn't aware several folks were banned from JJ for mentioning SEOPS, I'm sorry to hear that, but I've certainly enjoyed my time on both sites.

Yeah, I'm not sure where to go now for my Mid-State League fix, although I know SEOPS has coverage of Logan Elm, Circleville, and Amanda Clearcreek occasionally. Someone has created a Mid-State League forum on Yuku, so we'll have to see how that goes.

As mentioned earlier, Yappi has a different regional focus. The only time Hamilton Township was featured on Yappi, aside from their wrestling team, was when Bob Jacoby left Hamilton Township for Hamilton High School in Hamilton OH. Talk about confusing. :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A while back he had some say they were leaving here and going to the puddle. Wonder where they are now?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

noreply66 wrote:A while back he had some say they were leaving here and going to the puddle. Wonder where they are now?
Yappi

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Yappi is too bad, but it is hard to get anything back on SEO topics. They have their own area that they like to stay with. Most of what I have come across is the response will come from that area and it might be someone who lived down this way at one time.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”