Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

maniac66
All State

Re: Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by maniac66 »

BigChuck wrote:
Tjhtygeverve wrote:IHS secondary is horrendous.
Why would ANYONE send their son to play for "fans" like this.....YOU are horrendous!!!
I don't think he is criticizing the players per say but the coaching.
The players seem to be out of position and wheelersburg is taking advantage of.
Down 24-0 and run two run plays for a total of 4 yards and only a broke tackle gives Ironton a 1st down just no imagination on this coaching staff.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I'm being brutally honest. WB is showing that they've improved more. I'm just stating the obvious. Don't question me as a tiger fan. I'm here every Friday. Their doing what they had a good idea they couldn't possibly do & still doing.
So, now players are being hurt, that's HORRENDOUS!
Not the first time I've been responded too over coaching calls, & until they develop, I will have no reason not too make that call.
Barker out.
Ironton to punt.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I wouldn't beat the coaches up too badly. Ironton is playing against the premier defense in SEO and many other regions as far as that goes. It's hard to compete against the depth of Burg's team when the majority of area teams players go both ways. JMO!

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

BigChuck wrote:
Tjhtygeverve wrote:IHS secondary is horrendous.
Why would ANYONE send their son to play for "fans" like this.....YOU are horrendous!!!
Maybe they are horrendous. Getting upset about what someone says doesn't make it less true.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Burg is so well coached it's not even funny. This is a pretty good Burg Team. They will win the region.
As for Ironton we have been reduced to another OVC team that wins a few games then gets embarrassed in the playoffs.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I don't want out. I just expect more of a different game plan from the staff out side of the same QB toss to Carey pass downfield. (First play of game successful) second tries not.
WB defense is just backing up 4 guys & making tackles on IHS runs, while more players are hurt.

The bright spot is the sacks & run defense has been effective until that 33 yd draw play for burg.
Burg 31
IHS 0

Btw I'm fairly sure it's the same poster that attacked me when I critiqued the IHS coaching staff before.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Cg where you going! Still a whole quarter left!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If Ironton had more than 4 plays in their playbook, they might make it competitive.........

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I don't blame the players at all.
I blame the coaches Ironton has regressed since game one of the season.
Yes they went 6-4 with 6 strait wins but only 2 games was easy so to say.
Coal Grove was in the game and could have won so was Rock Hill and Chesapeake.
Like I said the coaching has failed these young men but not helping them improve through out the year properly.
When you have a 3rd and 12 and a draw play scores a long TD that is players being lost on defense due to coaching not the players being bad players.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

At some point just have to quit blaming the coaches, talking about players out of position in the secondary and stuff. Coaches call a coverage if the players aren't in position that's on them. To read all of these comments about the coaching staff looks to me like Tiger Town has been spoiled over the years and now wanting to simply blame it on the coaches. Takes coaches and players to make it and Ironton just doesn't have those players right now. Playing Burg in round 1 really isn't going to help as stated above probably playing one of the top defenses south of 70.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Wheelersburg is a talented well coached team I give them Kudos for coming to play and congratulate them on a big win against Ironton.
Hope you stay healthy and advance far in the playoffs you was truly a better team tonight.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Cg there is OBVIOUSLY 1 more quarter left!!! Why you takin your red bleacher chair to the car????? You might miss sumpin!!! Oh wait it's obvious! Your goin crow huntin in the mornin and need to get to bed. Don't eat too fast it'll make ya sick!!!!!! And quit sittin on that heater it had OBVIOUSLY cooked your brain!!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

maniac66 wrote:I don't blame the players at all.
I blame the coaches Ironton has regressed since game one of the season.
Yes they went 6-4 with 6 strait wins but only 2 games was easy so to say.
Coal Grove was in the game and could have won so was Rock Hill and Chesapeake.
Like I said the coaching has failed these young men but not helping them improve through out the year properly.
When you have a 3rd and 12 and a draw play scores a long TD that is players being lost on defense due to coaching not the players being bad players.
So, others smell what I do, cause the boys are talented. Talented enough to have made this a game.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

maniac66 wrote:Wheelersburg is a talented well coached team I give them Kudos for coming to play and congratulate them on a big win against Ironton.
Hope you stay healthy and advance far in the playoffs you was truly a better team tonight.
Absolutely!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well I have not been able to listen to this one. I'm down with a kidney stone. and actually sitting in a padded walker right now. I can't stand up. but I just turned it on and it's 31-0 at the beginning of the 4th. so congratulations to the fighting tigers on stringing 6 wins together in a row. and what can you say. wheelersburg has beaten us 4 times in 2 years. if it was going to be anybody I'm glad it's them. they have a fine program, and I'd love to see their playoff streak continue this year. rock hill is down big to Albany alexander. so we'll dust off the basketballs, and you guys keep the pigskin moving forward. I mean that. congratulations to the fighting tigers and from here out I'm a burg fan this season.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no excuses here.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that feeling I had down deep in my bones about a victory I found out is a kidney stone. don't get me laughing.so I don't want that feeling anymore.

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

greygoose wrote:At some point just have to quit blaming the coaches, talking about players out of position in the secondary and stuff. Coaches call a coverage if the players aren't in position that's on them. To read all of these comments about the coaching staff looks to me like Tiger Town has been spoiled over the years and now wanting to simply blame it on the coaches. Takes coaches and players to make it and Ironton just doesn't have those players right now. Playing Burg in round 1 really isn't going to help as stated above probably playing one of the top defenses south of 70.
Burg fans agree. Ironton's coaches must stay! Sign'em all to a 10-year contract.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

Hate to hear that bait, thx for the classy posts. I'm gonna try and mend some fences here. I'm asking you as a favor to when your done with that chair you let cg borrow that thing. He done went and sat on a heater and burned his brains!! I wish you a speedy recovery bait and hope to we can do this next year obviously!!!

1champion00
Waterboy

Post by 1champion00 »

You can pretend all day long it is not the coaching but it is. Period. The talent has still been coming from every OVC school around. So many issues with this staff. Players should be wising up any year now and stay at the school they grew up in because it doesn't matter how much talent Ironton has.Until they get a talented staff to match. My honest opinion.

Return to “Football”