Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we shall see , won't we.----------------

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

If what I heard is correct, the injury bug has already bit the Tigers and this one will be a running clock.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LIKE I SAID.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

combined scores of last 5 matchups 181-48

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that is a bit daunting. but this is this year. you don't want me to go there about scores in the overall series though.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:that is a bit daunting. but this is this year. you don't want me to go there about scores in the overall series though.
I remember most games over the years as being pretty close. A few blowouts both ways but for the most part competitive, hard fought, close ballgames.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

The only bad thing about Burg's win this year is it will cue up tbe Lutz talk for 2-3 pages and we will have to read about the 70's-80's again and rehash why Tiger nation was great then and that is what they should be doing now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no doubt they were the gold standard of the south back then, but this poster is more concerned right now with the future of tiger tiger football. and you can't have a tradition without a past. I give the burg full credit for their domination of late. I wanna see what the boys of ironton are going to do about it.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Lutz was a good coach that had great talent. Irontons JV was more talented in the 80s and early 90s than the varsity was last year. Lutz wouldn't have done any better against Wheelersburg last year. Talent wise it was a total mismatch.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't think it's a talent problem as much as it's a discipline and desire problem.

BURGerBoy
Waterboy

Post by BURGerBoy »

Burg 56 ironton 0.

Dead serious prediction.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

BURGerBoy wrote:Burg 56 ironton 0.

Dead serious prediction.
Not out of the realm of possibilities.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Dead serious prediction.
Holy smokes they will be head coach hunting soon!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain lhs, we'll just have to wait and see , but we get beat by burg, Russell, Ashland and beechwood, ky again. and they are all 4 excellent programs, as tough a four game stretch as you'll find in these parts. then we should be coach hunting.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain lhs, we'll just have to wait and see , but we get beat by burg, Russell, Ashland and beechwood, ky again. and they are all 4 excellent programs, as tough a four game stretch as you'll find in these parts. then we should be coach hunting.
I like the honesty Bait. Humility has consistently missed the City of Ironton. Good thing you live in Waverly. Lol

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Dead serious prediction.
:lol: :lol: :lol: At the end of 3. JV may put a couple on the board afterward.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton may get beat by all 4 programs and it may be bad by a couple of them.
Why because Ironton has done nothing to install fear in playing Ironton and giving fans confidence if believing they are better than those teams.

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

P(irate) wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:pay no attention to the man behind the curtain lhs, we'll just have to wait and see , but we get beat by burg, Russell, Ashland and beechwood, ky again. and they are all 4 excellent programs, as tough a four game stretch as you'll find in these parts. then we should be coach hunting.
I like the honesty Bait. Humility has consistently missed the City of Ironton. Good thing you live in Waverly. Lol

BROTHER NO MATTER WHERE ME N MY FISHIN POLES MOVE, I'M STILL A FIGHTING TIGER FAN.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

looks like the burg has already locked this un up fighting tiger fans, with a runnin clock. if that ain't enough to fire up the fighting tigers , then nothing is. plain and simple the tigers used to own the pirates, now the roles have reversed. I think the tigers lead the series like 17-10. but we have been getting thumped of late. ---------------------- we need to sink that cocky pirate ship.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I do think Wheelersburg wins this one. Not sure if it will be quite as brutal as some think, I suppose I can understand why those thoughts are there though. I will say 42-21 Wheelersburg with a 21-14 halftime score and a 35-14 after the third score.

Return to “Football”