8%
Frontier
4%

Total votes: 48

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf 2016

Post by rockcoach »

Warren has petitioned the TVC for admittance at least 4 times in the past 15 years. EVERY time it is a no from the league. Most teams do not want them in the league, sure football would be a good fit, but most of their other sport would be champions or runners-up every year. The TVC also doesn't help Warren prepare for post season play. IMO

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

rockcoach wrote:Warren has petitioned the TVC for admittance at least 4 times in the past 15 years. EVERY time it is a no from the league. Most teams do not want them in the league, sure football would be a good fit, but most of their other sport would be champions or runners-up every year. The TVC also doesn't help Warren prepare for post season play. IMO
That's comical. Warren is basically Vinton county. The TVC doesn't want Warren because its far away

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Just off the top of my head, I'd see Fort Frye fitting into a two division MVL, with Crooksville, Morgan, New Lex, and West Muskingum. That would leave John Glenn, Maysville, Sheridan, Tri Valley, and Philo for the upper division.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Efarns that would be perfect and I think it benefit the bottom of the MVL!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Also I love the coverage the MVL gets from WhizTV. Zanesville loves high school sports.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It would set up a nice potential rivalry with Fort and Morgan.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Thanks, I think it looks good on paper, but it's just something I dreamed up. You'll have to start working your contacts and get something moving.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

I heard that Sherman the freshman running back is expected to toat the ball the most for Shenandoah.

I heard today that Buckeye Trail is moving Troy Pontius to quarterback.

I heard that Tate Engle has better arm strength this year than big brother Tyler ever had at Fort Frye.

Sheldon Archer is the best player in the league.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

pvcguy wrote:I heard that Sherman the freshman running back is expected to toat the ball the most for Shenandoah.

I heard that Tate Engle has better arm strength this year than big brother Tyler ever had at Fort Frye.

For Sherman's sake I hope this isn't true because he won't make it through half the year carrying the load. Just too small and not ready for varsity football. He will probably get most of his yardage in garbage time at end of games and his stats will look decent.
Good move for Trail putting an athlete at qb. Should be a lethal backfield in Old Washington
No comment on the Engle comment
Archer is best player in the league.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Pontius moving to QB is probably a good move at Trail. As per the freshman runningback at Shenandoah getting the majority of carries, I think it will be extremely tough on him, not sure how much success he would have that first tough freshman year, but I think he COULD make it through the season at least. I can see him having a very similar year to what Snodgrass had at Trail his freshman year.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Stan Randolph will be helping out at Caldwell this season!!

Brutus
Waterboy

Post by Brutus »

pvcguy wrote:I heard that Sherman the freshman running back is expected to toat the ball the most for Shenandoah.

Sherman will contribute, but he won't get the majority of the carries. That's crazy. There are upperclassmen ahead of him that are bigger and more prepared for varsity football. Sherman is good but I don't think he would look great in a varsity game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

In a shocking turn of events it looks like Fort Frye replaced Buckeye Trail with Barnesville in week 6 starting in 2017. Game will be in Barnesville.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

^^^interesting. Do you like that move?

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

Isn't Trail moving to the IVC in 2017? If that's the case I'm sure most of the PVC will disappear from their schedule.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

^^^i believe that to be true. What I had heard was that Caldwell and Fort Frye were still going to play Trail non-league originally. Which I think is why Eastern said it was shocking...unless it was sarcasm. If I'm way out in right-field on the original non-league schedule plan I apologize.
Last edited by Stan_Marsh on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think Barnesville is perfect for Forts schedule. They always seem to be a 4-8 win team and last year they were much improved. The weird thing is that Barnesville has refused to move to the PVC because they didn't want to play Fort Frye maybe this opens some major doors in them joining the league. I personally don't see what Trail gained by moving to the IVC. With teams like Ridgewood, Garaway , Hiland , and Malvern it will be hard for them to complete. Plus add the fact that they have to travel to East Canton. I think they will regret this action.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Gotcha so the shocking part was the fact that Barnesville is actually going to play Fort Frye when the Fort Frye game was the reason they had been refusing to join the PVC.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I was shocked because Fort has tried to play Barnesville in sports for years in the reg season and it just hasn't happened.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

Ok, my bad!!! I know that Barnesville has done some stuff with their schedule over the past several years.

Return to “Football”