Liberty Union vs Caldwell week one

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Liberty Union vs Caldwell week one

Post by pvcguy »

I think Caldwell will be tough for anyone to beat this year.May lose to Shenandoah and Fort. Caldwell wins this one.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Liberty Union vs Caldwell week one

Post by EasternDspy »

LU was down last year what do they have coming back

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

I was at the game they were young. But Caldwell is loaded for another year.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

I wouldn't say Caldwell is loaded but they still have a nice group of seniors with experience. I think people are underestimating what they lost though, both in players and coaches. The concrete had been laid for the skins to go 6-4 at worst but not sure about the new coach. I do know that this one will be close. Caldwell is going to have to find some leadership quickly as they will face some adversity quickly in the season imo and see how they react to it. I do see them winning this one but I have 3 losses locked to shadyside-waverly-fort frye. Need to split with buckeye trail and Monroe for a good season

apowers1
Freshman Team

Post by apowers1 »

Caldwell still has many terrific athletes. I don't know where you're getting all of this information that Caldwell is going to be so horrible. Returning big assets like Archer,Allen, and Ivey. Hupp at the QB slot. Honestly, I can put my life on it that Caldwell will not lose to the Zeps. However, that game will be a battle, it always is. I put Caldwell at 9-1 with the loss to Fort. Maybe 8-2 with a loss coming against Shadyside. Caldwell will surprise a lot of people. These boys play tough with a lot of heart. They are well trained and can flip the switch when needed in games. I take Caldwell in this match-up by at least 2-3 touchdowns. Remember, Liberty Union was suppose to beat us last year by 2 touchdowns.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

apowers1 wrote:Caldwell still has many terrific athletes. I don't know where you're getting all of this information that Caldwell is going to be so horrible. Returning big assets like Archer,Allen, and Ivey. Hupp at the QB slot. Honestly, I can put my life on it that Caldwell will not lose to the Zeps. However, that game will be a battle, it always is. I put Caldwell at 9-1 with the loss to Fort. Maybe 8-2 with a loss coming against Shadyside. Caldwell will surprise a lot of people. These boys play tough with a lot of heart. They are well trained and can flip the switch when needed in games. I take Caldwell in this match-up by at least 2-3 touchdowns. Remember, Liberty Union was suppose to beat us last year by 2 touchdowns.
Last year we went into the season with multiple 3 year starters at the biggest positions- I.e. Qb, rb, secondary
Expectations should be high but need to be realistic here, no way Caldwell goes above 7-3 at best. Most likely a 6-4 team and with the division down, that's a playoff berth
3 Losses for sure: Fort Frye, Shadyside, Waverly
2 Coin flips: Buckeye Trail, Monroe Central
3 Should wins: Liberty Union, Shenandoah, Rosecrans
2 For sure wins (Hopefully)- Frontier, West Muskingum

Caldwell should be solid defensively and must hang their hat on that side of the ball. In my opinion will struggle to score points. Like I said before If you said Caldwell would go 7-3 this year I would say heck yeah and move on, probably even 6-4 I would take. I would love to see them go 10-0 but that's not realistic. It's hard to reload at a small school after potentially losing your best football class in school history, and add on top a new coach that is a huge downgrade.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

That schedule is brutal, it was built for last years loaded team. Caldwell has a solid group of seniors but lost a ton of production and coaching. They also will have no depth and against that schedule that is not a good thing. Agreed on the 3 for sure losses, all three of those teams return everything from what I've heard and those won't be pretty games. Trail has a good coach now and some talent, that won't be easy. Central has Circosta. LU has athletes. Wells has Doah going the right direction and they gave Caldwell a fight this year. Even west m and rosecrans return everyone. The only for sure win on the schedule is Frontier. They'll have to bring it the other 9 weeks. I say 7 wins max, one win minimum, I'm going in between and guessing 4-6 this year

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

Lost a lot of coaching???? I thought they all were coming back according to earlier posts. We would def take their seniors down here along the River. Wish they would play or scrimmage Marietta

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

They lost the head coach and the offensive coordinator both from what I've been told in Perkins and Lori. That's 2 of your 3 primary coaches. I hope they get to 7 wins and the playoffs but I'm sure it won't be easy.

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

I see. Any reason y the ocord didn't come back if all the others were asked back? I take it Perkins stepped away on his own to be w his kid from what I read on here?

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

journeyman8675309 wrote:I see. Any reason y the ocord didn't come back if all the others were asked back? I take it Perkins stepped away on his own to be w his kid from what I read on here?
Offensive Coordinator won't be an issue. Just called QB runs every play last year. Will be a totally different offense this year. Most likely try to grind up possession and win lower scoring games. Hopefully gaydos lets other coaches do most of the coaching and Caldwell will do fine but I doubt that happens

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I'd say the offensive coordinator played to their strength with Clark and that great line, especially after Lori went down. Whatever they did must have been right. I've never coached football but I can imagine the time these coaches put in to their game plan and they did make it to the third playoff game. I think we arm chair coaches don't always realize how difficult creating a game plan and getting kids to execute it is. Who will be the new O coordinator?

Return to “Football”