Playoffs #7 River Valley @ #2 Zane Trace

spartans_fan
Varsity

Re: Playoffs #7 River Valley @ #2 Zane Trace

Post by spartans_fan »

danicalifornia wrote:
wrestlefan wrote:i wonder how the colts thought of playing in the pouring down rain the other night instead of their dome
oh wait, they won anyways- they didnt make excuses, they simply got the job done
But, the Panthers won...

These threads are usually fun, the TVC people that are the overwhelming majority on this site get really defensive about their league. I'm sure it's a quality league this year, especially in comparison to the SVC, but you shouldn't overlook the Pioneers because of their schedule.

The Adena game was their first full game without Dunkle at QB. Not sure how they only scored 9, but I'm sure that had a big impact.

I'll take ZT 20-7.
I think this is a very good post. Not sure I would say TVC people are really defensive, but I think you nailed everything else. I would say ZT is the favored and it will be closer than most think.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

spartans_fan wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:
wrestlefan wrote:i wonder how the colts thought of playing in the pouring down rain the other night instead of their dome
oh wait, they won anyways- they didnt make excuses, they simply got the job done
But, the Panthers won...

These threads are usually fun, the TVC people that are the overwhelming majority on this site get really defensive about their league. I'm sure it's a quality league this year, especially in comparison to the SVC, but you shouldn't overlook the Pioneers because of their schedule.

The Adena game was their first full game without Dunkle at QB. Not sure how they only scored 9, but I'm sure that had a big impact.

I'll take ZT 20-7.
I think this is a very good post. Not sure I would say TVC people are really defensive, but I think you nailed everything else. I would say ZT is the favored and it will be closer than most think.
It will be a low scoring game.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Move the game to Chilli. Still a home field advantage. Better atmosphere. more money for ZT too. Give 90% of the gate to ZT and 10% chilli.

just got word that ZT replaced the middle of the field with new saud.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

This game can be heard live online through the River Valley Broadcasting Network.

You can listen live online at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/river-val ... oadcasting

You can also listen live on the FREE Ustream app on your phone. Just search River Valley Football.

GO RAIDERS!!!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

danicalifornia wrote:
But, the Panthers won...

I'll take ZT 20-7.
The TVC ppl get defensive about our league because after having a member play for a state title the last two years we still get no respect. Trimble from Hocking in 2013 and Athens from the Ohio in 2014. Good luck River Valley, show em what our league is capable of

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Don't forget Wahama winning a state title in 2012.

;)

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Zane Trace has a great opportunity to win a couple games this post season but can't afford to overlook anyone. I'll take Trace 35-12

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

They did put new sod in down the middle of the field less than two weeks ago. Very soft in spots, but better than dirt. It is suppose to rain on Friday.

OHSAA gets the money. Very little goes to the schools. Concession stands and a little money off the advanced tickets. Why do you think there are 7 divisions with 8 teams getting in from each region? OHSAA cash flow.

TVC FAN
Waterboy

Post by TVC FAN »

nice guy wrote:They did put new sod in down the middle of the field less than two weeks ago. Very soft in spots, but better than dirt. It is suppose to rain on Friday.

OHSAA gets the money. Very little goes to the schools. Concession stands and a little money off the advanced tickets. Why do you think there are 7 divisions with 8 teams getting in from each region? OHSAA cash flow.
I agree and the ticket price is bulls#$ and not being allowed to have a 50/50 is also a crock.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Well the good news is the rain looks like it will be out of the Chillicothe area by noon on Friday.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Copay
Riding the Bench

Post by Copay »

I like Zane Trace by 14

BuckeyeNut10
Waterboy

Re: #7 River Valley @ #2 Zane Trace

Post by BuckeyeNut10 »

BlizzardMan wrote:
BuckeyeNut10 wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:I'm picking RV in an upset. Zane Trace is 10-0, but playing a weak schedule. I just feel they are due to drop one. RV by a field goal (Wray has a boot).
I like the optimism! Go RV!
Do you think the 2003 team would beat this ZT team?
I'm not sure, but I do think you are a jackass and have been one since at least 2003.

As fgor the game, ZT does have a disrtinct advantage in one important area..... experience. They've been here several times before.
Okay? Thanks for that....I was really just wondering how the 2003 team would do in a playoff game like this one (Many feel that the '03 team is still the best in RV's short school history).

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Probably this years team. 2003 RV started off strong by beating 7-4 NY but went 1-4 in the OVC. The NY win was due to Athens destroying NY the week before they played RV. So 2015 was better than 2003
Cal preps
2015 RV 21
2003 RV 13

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

ZT schedule is/was weak. Stop defending it people.
They played one good team and beat them in OT in a mud fest.

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Rabeanos0512... will have to disagree with you... I believe the Logan Elm team they beat was a pretty good football team. Maybe not the best Logan Elm has had, but they go 6-4 playing in a good conference. I would have to say they have at least 2 good wins on the year. Not debating that the SVC was EXTREMELY WEAK this year! However, I don't know the RV's schedule was significantly better. After saying all of that, schedules this time of year are irrelevant! WIN OR GO HOME!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

BudLytle wrote:Rabeanos0512... will have to disagree with you... I believe the Logan Elm team they beat was a pretty good football team. Maybe not the best Logan Elm has had, but they go 6-4 playing in a good conference. I would have to say they have at least 2 good wins on the year. Not debating that the SVC was EXTREMELY WEAK this year! However, I don't know the RV's schedule was significantly better. After saying all of that, schedules this time of year are irrelevant! WIN OR GO HOME!
Agree! Win at Logan Elm, a 6-4 team playing in a tough conference. Beat a 9-1 PV team. Two quality wins. They're overall schedule was not tough, but it's not easy to go 10-0. They were only 1 of 22 teams in the entire state to go undefeated among all divisions. To put that into perspective, there are 715 high schools in the state of Ohio that play for a playoff spot. Only 3% of the high schools in Ohio went undefeated, they were one of them.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I think my comment on the TVC was taken wrong. Obviously it has had some great teams recently, I was just backing up ZT a little on saying not to overlook them since they are outside of the normal area for posters on this site.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

BudLytle wrote:Rabeanos0512... will have to disagree with you... I believe the Logan Elm team they beat was a pretty good football team. Maybe not the best Logan Elm has had, but they go 6-4 playing in a good conference. I would have to say they have at least 2 good wins on the year. Not debating that the SVC was EXTREMELY WEAK this year! However, I don't know the RV's schedule was significantly better. After saying all of that, schedules this time of year are irrelevant! WIN OR GO HOME!
ZT 94 SOS
RV 69 SOS

To me this will be low scoring and is a toss up. You never know what RV offense will show up

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

Good Luck River valley and Go TVC !!!!!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

River Valley 12
Zane Trace 9

Return to “Football”