8%
Frontier
4%

Total votes: 48

Twogirls
Waterboy

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf 2016

Post by Twogirls »

This is crazy. Trail will be ready I promise.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

I think Trail will be good. I just thought they would be young. I figure the new coaches will work hard and have their kids ready. Trail may be better than I thought.

Twogirls
Waterboy

Post by Twogirls »

I am confident in Spiker calling the offense at BT.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Where do the Caldwell fans think Ivey will play? Does he have the arm to play quarterback?

Will Jones play quarterback for Shenandoah?

Hypothetically if Hooper - Jones - Ivey - Engle are quarterbacks it would he safe to assume the PVC will have more athletic quarterbacks than other conferences.

Buckeye Trail will replace Gadd and Frontier will replace Metheny depending on who they replaced them with there could be a lot of running quarterbacks.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

pvcguy wrote:Where do the Caldwell fans think Ivey will play? Does he have the arm to play quarterback?

Will Jones play quarterback for Shenandoah?

Hypothetically if Hooper - Jones - Ivey - Engle are quarterbacks it would he safe to assume the PVC will have more athletic quarterbacks than other conferences.

Buckeye Trail will replace Gadd and Frontier will replace Metheny depending on who they replaced them with there could be a lot of running quarterbacks.
Ivey will be running back. Depending on the offense the new coach brings, it's a 2 horse race at qb with Hupp (jr) and Ivey (soph).

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

pvcguy wrote:Sherman is the name. He will be the best back in the pvc for the next 4 years.
High school is totally different than jr high. I have seen the kid play and he has potential, but won't be the best back this year and not even close to it. Until he takes an actual hit at the varsity level, you dont know what to expect.
Top 3 backs:
Lewis (Fort)
Ivey (Cald)
Snodgrass (Trail)

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Absolutely, two things I've learned from junior high football is never get too excited over excellent play, also never get down or depressed over poor play. So many things change you just never know. The same can be said about Highschool-college, how many Under Armour all Americans do we see having next to no impact at the college level, on the flip side you have a walk on catching TD passes for Clemson in the national title game. Same goes for college to NFL, if your a Browns fan you know all about draft busts, on the flip side if your a Patriots fan you know all about signing a nobody that had a huge impact on getting you to the AFC finals.

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Post by PvcBball »

With all the great talent pvcguy's been watching in Sarahsville the past 8 years, he would probably mistake Trent Richardson for the next Jim Brown.

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

Frontier has an ATHLETE coming in next year that was a rb, that 8th grade class won alot coming up through but it could potentially mean nothing if they dont get in the weight room and out on the field and put the work in. It is the same for every school in America

Bigboy97
Waterboy

Post by Bigboy97 »

Frontier has an ATHLETE coming in next year that was a rb, that 8th grade class won alot coming up through but it could potentially mean nothing if they dont get in the weight room and out on the field and put the work in. It is the same for every school in America

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

I was a good Jr high football player and I got hurt in high school and never was able to play. But I would have been good. So you are correct. But if you seen Jr high football at Shenandoah the last three years you would see why my emotions are running amuck.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

I get frustrated when guys predict off of one junior high year when you have multiple runs then the celebration is worthy. If there was junior high playoffs which I think are coming are boys wood have done solidly.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Was Shenandoah JV the only team that beat Fort Frye?? I don't follow Jr high closely that's why I ask.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

Basing varsity success on Jr. high success is a very, very tricky business.

Let's face it, the best recipe to be the greatest jr. high coach ever is to just get your best athlete the ball on a toss sweep and hope that he breaks a big run. It's the same recipe in those "biddy leagues".

At the varsity level that is rarely the recipe for success. It's more about putting four classes of athletes together, watching film and making game plans, and having kids dedicate to the weight room.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

wagner97 wrote:Basing varsity success on Jr. high success is a very, very tricky business.

Let's face it, the best recipe to be the greatest jr. high coach ever is to just get your best athlete the ball on a toss sweep and hope that he breaks a big run. It's the same recipe in those "biddy leagues".

At the varsity level that is rarely the recipe for success. It's more about putting four classes of athletes together, watching film and making game plans, and having kids dedicate to the weight room.
Exactly. You never know what to expect.can you imagine that kid running a dive and Sheldon Archer from Caldwell (2 time all Ohioan) coming downhill at him? It's a different breed of football at varsity level. Takes a certain mentality that you never know if a kid has it until he gets a few games under his belt at the varsity level.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

pvcguy wrote:I was a good Jr high football player and I got hurt in high school and never was able to play. But I would have been good. So you are correct. But if you seen Jr high football at Shenandoah the last three years you would see why my emotions are running amuck.
No, I totally understand that! I hope Shenandoah does put together a nice little tradition soon, I was just stating how I've gotten excited over the same things before in fact it was four really good junior high classes in a row. That year they were all in Highschool at the same time though....something just didn't pan out. On the flip side I've seen atrocious junior high teams...literally winless junior high teams go 10-3 their senior year.

Twogirls
Waterboy

Post by Twogirls »

Let the dominoes fall where they may.

Twogirls
Waterboy

Post by Twogirls »

Is Caldwell playing at Fairgrounds this year?

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Yea that's there homefield

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Who do you think is the best player to ever play in the PVC.

1. Jed Stephen
2. Colby Street
3. Luke Schumacher
4. Josh Perkins
5. Joe Wood
6. Jacob Zerkle
7. Tyler Engle
8. Dustin Nau
9. Anthony Mossberg
10. Nathan Bricker

Return to “Football”