Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 11/06 week11 ironton 6-4 @ burg 10-0

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I LOVE IT, KEEP EM COMING. AWESOME BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL FOR THE FIGHTING TIGERS LOCKER ROOM.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Re: 11/07 week11 ironton 6-4 @ burg 10-0

Post by BurgGrad6 »

P(irate) wrote:
P(irate) wrote:OK. I'm really asking a serious question here>>> How can Ironton beat Burg? I'm really just wondering what Ironton can do at this point in the season for you all to believe it's possible. Because for me and most other people in our area, don't think it will be much different from the last 3 games.
Why can't anyone answer this question?
I think the only way ironton can win is if they score more points then burg. Hahaha

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:Well obviously sir, you asked the wrong question. The obvious question to illicit a response from posters who support Ironton should be worded as follows...." How can ironton beat burg back in 1894? " try asking it in that manner and I'm confident you will receive some wonderful, enlightening and obviously useless information.
:lol:

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

Page 13?!

Here is how Ironton is going to win this game:
They will receive the opening kickoff and take about 10 minutes off the clock in the first quarter. They will drive to the Wheelersburg 10 yard line and make a Field Goal. 3-0 Tigers

Then they will kick off and recover a surprise on side kick. Then they will run off another 8 minutes of the clock scoring on 3rd and goal with about 5 minutes remaining in the 2nd Quarter. 10-0 Tigers

Burg will then return the next kickoff and score TD with about 2 minutes to go in 2nd quarter. 10-7 Tigers

Burg will try their own on side kick which the Tigers will recover and move the ball quickly into field goal range 13-7 Tigers at the half.

2nd Half
Burg muffs the kickoff and starts in bad field position. They move the ball to mid field, but due to horrible calls, the drive stalls and they are forced to punt. Tigers get the ball and hold on to it until about 10 minutes to go in 4th quarter, when they push in another TD. 20-7 Tigers, 9:49 to go in the 4th

Burg then takes the kickoff and puts together a nice drive, scoring with about 4 minutes to go in the game: 20-14

They try another onside kick that the Tigers barely recover. Tigers drive into Burg territory converting on a gutsy 4th and 3. And then they take the Victory Formation and move on to week 2.

Wheelersburg gets at the most 3 Possessions in the game, and SEOPs will never be the same.

So here is my point, I think the number of possessions is going to be the key stat in this game. If Burg only touches the ball four or less times then Ironton will be right in the thick of it. If Burg gets their hands on the ball more than 5 times, then they will be difficult to beat.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I think I'll check this game out.

Probably should wear ear plugs though. I hate that darn cannon.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:Page 13?!

Here is how Ironton is going to win this game:
They will receive the opening kickoff and take about 10 minutes off the clock in the first quarter. They will drive to the Wheelersburg 10 yard line and make a Field Goal. 3-0 Tigers

Then they will kick off and recover a surprise on side kick. Then they will run off another 8 minutes of the clock scoring on 3rd and goal with about 5 minutes remaining in the 2nd Quarter. 10-0 Tigers

Burg will then return the next kickoff and score TD with about 2 minutes to go in 2nd quarter. 10-7 Tigers

Burg will try their own on side kick which the Tigers will recover and move the ball quickly into field goal range 13-7 Tigers at the half.

2nd Half
Burg muffs the kickoff and starts in bad field position. They move the ball to mid field, but due to horrible calls, the drive stalls and they are forced to punt. Tigers get the ball and hold on to it until about 10 minutes to go in 4th quarter, when they push in another TD. 20-7 Tigers, 9:49 to go in the 4th

Burg then takes the kickoff and puts together a nice drive, scoring with about 4 minutes to go in the game: 20-14

They try another onside kick that the Tigers barely recover. Tigers drive into Burg territory converting on a gutsy 4th and 3. And then they take the Victory Formation and move on to week 2.

Wheelersburg gets at the most 3 Possessions in the game, and SEOPs will never be the same.

So here is my point, I think the number of possessions is going to be the key stat in this game. If Burg only touches the ball four or less times then Ironton will be right in the thick of it. If Burg gets their hands on the ball more than 5 times, then they will be difficult to beat.
More like........ Burg wins the toss and defers to the second half. Ironton goes 3 and out on first possession and forced to punt. Burg scores 9 plays later. Ironton is the forced to punt once again. The punter shanks it. Burg scores 2 plays later and personal foul on Tiger's. Burg pulls the inside kick and get the ball inside Irontons 40. Burg runs power set the whole way to the end zone and we are 21-0 my friends with 6 to go in the half. Ironton the n gets to field goal range and makes it 21-3 at half.

Burg has a nice return and starts at the Ironton 45. Play action pass to the tight end for the score. 28-3 Burg with 11:23 left in the 3rd. Ironton has a long drive that stalls just inside the 10 and have to settle for another field goal. 28-6. Burg takes time off the clock with a 14 play drive that results in a field goal. 31-6 with 10 to play. Ironton is forced to throw the ball and PICK SIX. 38-6! Personal foul on Ironton. Sack, completion, incomplete, sack and interception on Irontons next drive. Personal foul Ironton. Burg runs time off the clock and ends the game at 4 yrd line with a victory formation.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote:I think I'll check this game out.

Probably should wear ear plugs though. I hate that darn cannon.
Better stand on the other side of the field. Lol.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you guys are a hoot man. here's my prediction of how it will go.when the clock hits 00:00 . whoever has the most points will move on to week 12.and they will have beaten the other team, and the best team will move on.and the fans from both schools will root for whomever wins. that's the way we southern ohio buckeyes roll in these parts.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think P(irate) has the ability to see the future! Lol his prediction of the game sounds about right!! He just left out the part where Xander lays the smack down and leaves the qb for Ironton with happy feet all night!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote:I think P(irate) has the ability to see the future! Lol his prediction of the game sounds about right!! He just left out the part where Xander lays the smack down and leaves the qb for Ironton with happy feet all night!
Old school!!!!!!! He's a monster.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Gonna reach 70 degrees this week. Any over/under on cramps?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

100% chance of cramps for ironton! Especially after eating the loss they are getting served by the pirates!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

The Burg will roll over them Kitty cats by 28!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Playoffs #8 Ironton @ #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg 21
Ironton 7

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Burg 35 Ironton 7. Ironton makes too many mistakes. Cant beat a good team with these mistakes.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I have decided to drive down to the Burg to watch this game Friday.
I just can't pass up a change to see a game at The Burg, and it happens to be a playoff game against Ironton!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

come on down friend.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Orange and Brown wrote:I have decided to drive down to the Burg to watch this game Friday.
I just can't pass up a change to see a game at The Burg, and it happens to be a playoff game against Ironton!
Better find a good place to stand early. This is going to be one jam packed Ed Miller Stadium.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

rxburgfan wrote:Gonna reach 70 degrees this week. Any over/under on cramps?
:lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

P(irate) wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I have decided to drive down to the Burg to watch this game Friday.
Better find a good place to stand early. This is going to be one jam packed Ed Miller Stadium.
No worries I can always find a good place to watch a game. I gotta buddy going with me who is from the area, so I'll be sure to get there early enough for a good spot :D

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”