Nelsonville-York Big Impact Players This Coming Year

puppymonkeybaby
Waterboy

Re: Nelsonville-York Big Impact Players This Coming Year

Post by puppymonkeybaby »

Go Bucks wrote:I think the DC coming back would help. The kids really like him. However I don't think it's up to rusty. He might want him but its the BOE that has to approve it. Keeping that in mind you never know what could happen. My son which plays likes him and liked some of the other coaches. Only time will tell. But let's hope they let him come back.
Was talking to one of the parents from NY and she said they were not letting him come back. The coach wanted him but the administration and the board said no. She said he has coached at NY for over 25 years. I asked a couple more sources and they confirmed it. THe parents and the kids seem to like him but they aren't the ones that count. Wish the new coach good luck. We'll see y'all week 10!

Go Bucks
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks »

Wrong rusty.

buckfan2016
Waterboy

Post by buckfan2016 »

Sounds like the boys are really working hard in the weight room from what I am hearing around town. The future looks bright in Buckeye Country.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

buckfan2016 wrote:Sounds like the boys are really working hard in the weight room from what I am hearing around town. The future looks bright in Buckeye Country.
People will not believe it when they see the team next season. They will think it is a bunch of college players in NY uniforms. This team could be 10-0 if they stay healthy. No stopping this bunch.

Ttomcat1000+
Waterboy

Post by Ttomcat1000+ »

In another bit of exciting news. I learned that a certain former trimble assistant is being woo'd to join the buckeyes. I will give ya'll a hint. He was on the staff for their deep playoff run and shared the box with the new boss of the bucks. IMO, he was the second most knowledgeable coach on the staff.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Go Bucks wrote:Wrong rusty.
It doesn't really matter with the talent and speed NY has coming back. Ole Sultan-of-Chilly Cook-off could coach this team to 8 or 9 wins while judging recipes on the sidelines during the games. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

Ground Buck wrote:
It doesn't really matter with the talent and speed NY has coming back. Ole Sultan-of-Chilly Cook-off could coach this team to 8 or 9 wins while judging recipes on the sidelines during the games. :mrgreen:
So are you saying Boston was a worse coach than Martin? Didn't the guy win like 8 TVC championships? How many has Martin won?

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

SEOALlives wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
So are you saying Boston was a worse coach than Martin? Didn't the guy win like 8 TVC championships? How many has Martin won?
How many Playoff games did JR. win?

SEOALlives
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOALlives »

ArmChairQB wrote:
SEOALlives wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
How many Playoff games did JR. win?
I don't know, but how many playoff games has Martin been a head coach in? TVC championships as a head coach?

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Martin was never really a coach at Trimble.He was a game day side line fan like about 15 others to get in the games free.We probley lose 100 dollars at the gates or more with all the extra people on the side lines.At least 4 or 5 water boys 2 or 3 ball boys and all the youth league coaches plus a few extra guys.Think its a little over the top my self.

:roll: cats :roll:
Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

ttomcat 80 wrote:Martin was never really a coach at Trimble.He was a game day side line fan like about 15 others to get in the games free.We probley lose 100 dollars at the gates or more with all the extra people on the side lines.At least 4 or 5 water boys 2 or 3 ball boys and all the youth league coaches plus a few extra guys.Think its a little over the top my self.
Some of those people you mention are school employees so they get in the game free anyway. The others volunteer a lot of time throughout the season so it' cheaper than hiring coaches. I think it's good that the youth league coaches are there so they can learn how the high school team does things. Even with the numbers you give, which I think is high, $100 per game adds up to $500 per year which is far less than hiring even 1 coach. So what's the problem?

Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

Ny is full of political BS. Starting from the top to bottom. From relatives on the BOE and other friendships that decide things. Believe that.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Corso wrote:Ny is full of political BS. Starting from the top to bottom. From relatives on the BOE and other friendships that decide things. Believe that.
Hmmmmmmmmm... :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Corso wrote:Ny is full of political BS. Starting from the top to bottom. From relatives on the BOE and other friendships that decide things. Believe that.
All schools deal with that at one time or another.
I'd say since coach Dalton has taken over as AD, things have run very smooth.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Orange and Brown wrote:
:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Ground Buck wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
She was hired because she stepped in and did an amazing job when Boston left. She is passionate and hard working. Their is absolutely no need to imply anything about her hiring.
No one else stepped up and wanted to do it.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
She was hired because she stepped in and did an amazing job when Boston left. She is passionate and hard working. Their is absolutely no need to imply anything about her hiring.
Not implying anything, just thought it ironic. :mrgreen:

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
It is a tough job and since she has taken over the AD office is running smooth! A woman can do a very good job, look at Logan's AD and you all try to fill schedules as a independent!

Corso
Waterboy

Post by Corso »

Has nothing to do with the AD. I just said NY is extremely political. It's a certain group that runs things over there. From top to bottom. Some aren't even associated with the school and some are. It's a political game !!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Corso wrote:Has nothing to do with the AD. I just said NY is extremely political. It's a certain group that runs things over there. From top to bottom. Some aren't even associated with the school and some are. It's a political game !!!
I've been around for years and I have to respectfully disagree with you.
Have bad decisions been made? Yes!
All in all from the school board down, they do a great job at NY. The community support is amazing as well.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”