5%
Alexander
6%

Total votes: 81

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2016 TVC Ohio Predictions

Post by 93Bulldog »

BTW ... Nelsonville-York was in DV, Region 17 last year ... The TVC-Ohio has NO DVI teams ... Just 3, 4 and 5.

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

I think meigs will be good. Athens should be solid with returning lines. I think every year Vinton should be . NY will be way better than last year should challenge for the top spot also.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'd love to see 3 Ohio teams make the playoffs.

I think Meigs is a playoff team, I think NY can make the playoffs but with a new coach and a new staff who knows.
I think Athens is a 7-3, 8-2 team next year so they at least have a shot.

Everyone (including me) expects Alex to be down next season but those young men are living in the weight room and they have a solid coach with a solid staff so if they ended up with 7 or 8 winds next season I wouldn't be shocked.

I'm not sure what to expect out of River Valley but I think they will be competitive.
Wellston.......... Their expectations are always high but they can never get over the hump.
Vinton County if they can win 4 or 5 games next year then it's a good season.

I think it will be a fun season. Their will be a couple big upsets and a close race for the league title.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Go Bucks
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks »

I think the league will be pretty even. Athens, meigs, Vinton, wellston and Alex lose a lot of major offensive play makers. Those are huge shoes to fill. Can't wait for the season to start . go bucks!

vincent_chase
Waterboy

Post by vincent_chase »

Some great story lines in the TVC this year. Sounds like it will be wide open. 3-5 teams that have reasons why it should contend. Will make for a fun year of High School Football!!

Go Bucks
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks »

forgot RV they also had seniors playing key offensive positions. It's going to fun this year!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Having broadcast all of River Valley's 11 games this past season, I can tell you this.

2016 will be a very young team, but a very competitive team. In doing those 11 games, there were several mentions of freshman during varsity play, and of course the sophomores, that will now be juniors. The junior class in 2016 will be an excellent class in football. The biggest question is...can they replace the 2015 seniors that will definitely go down as the greatest class in RV history.

My prediction....RV will of course take a little step back with the loss of 15 seniors...BUT it will not be the step back that everyone thinks. Too good of a coaching staff, and too many good players back to let that happen!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I hope River Valley can keep things going... It's nice to see it being talked about in a positive way.

"can they replace the 2015 seniors that will definitely go down as the greatest class in RV history."

To say this is the best team they ever had is a HUGE overstatement though because they had teams that played in the SEOAL who would have crushed last years team. The 2015 class just got to take advantage of a much weaker schedule. If they were still in the old SEOAL they would have won 2-3 games.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

MeyerSpread wrote:I hope River Valley can keep things going... It's nice to see it being talked about in a positive way.

"can they replace the 2015 seniors that will definitely go down as the greatest class in RV history."

To say this is the best team they ever had is a HUGE overstatement though because they had teams that played in the SEOAL who would have crushed last years team. The 2015 class just got to take advantage of a much weaker schedule. If they were still in the old SEOAL they would have won 2-3 games.
In the old SEOAL
RV finishes 3rd
1. Point Pleasant
2. Jackson
3. River Valley
4. Logan
5. Athens
6. Marietta
7. Gallia
8. Warren

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I do not think they would have beat Logan or Marietta. I was surprised to see they did beat Athens.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Marietta is bad.
Same reason why Athens lost to Logan and Alexander. Turnovers and pentalies

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I've been saying Athens will be 9-1 in 2016 since they beat NY in week 10.

And I'm sticking with it.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I believe Marietta beat Meigs in a scrimmage, they just play a tougher schedule so I wouldn't say they are bad...

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

MeyerSpread wrote:I hope River Valley can keep things going... It's nice to see it being talked about in a positive way.

I agree with you MeyerSpread. I guess I should have said "greatest class in RV history" when it comes to wins. I was in school at RV during some of those early SEOAL days. I agree with you. 95, 96, 98 teams probably would have had there way with the 15 Raiders. But in terms of wins and impact, this senior class was at the top of RV history IMO.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

MeyerSpread wrote:I believe Marietta beat Meigs in a scrimmage, they just play a tougher schedule so I wouldn't say they are bad...
Athens would beat Marietta by 20-30

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I am not trying to bash RV by saying they aren't as good as the 90's teams... They just had some good teams.

As I said in my first post I am glad we are talking about RV in a positive way!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

How many teams will make the playoffs from the TVC Ohio ?
I will say
Athens
Meigs
Alexander

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Poo Bear wrote:How many teams will make the playoffs from the TVC Ohio ?
I will say
Athens
Meigs
Alexander
I would love to see 3 teams make it in.
I think Meigs is a playoff caliber team (tough region though)
Athens could be. They are bring back their oline and a few other key players.
Alexander, I think will be better than most think but I'm not sure they make the playoffs this year. (I'm betting coach Penrod and company will do their best to prove me wrong!)
Nelsonville-York has a lot of talent on the roster but a new coach and system may take some time to get the Buckeye Express back on track. I'd be thrilled with 6-4 for the Buckeyes and I am absolutely sure they could do much better, but we will have to see how quickly things come together.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Mr. Hoff
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr. Hoff »

Has anyone heard what type of Offense Nelsonville York will be running next year?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Mr. Hoff wrote:Has anyone heard what type of Offense Nelsonville York will be running next year?
The triple wing V.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”