Nelsonville York Short List

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Re: Nelsonville York Short List

Post by MeyerSpread »

moonshine wrote:Rumor on the streets over the weekend is that Boston Jr. will be rehired soon!
I don't know for sure what he did to be fired but I can see them hiring him back. He and his Father have done so much for the program it's hard not to at least consider. I mean, they went from beating Trimble week 1 to going 1-9, he had to know what he was doing and they crumbled without him.

Maybe his one year off will give him some perspective and some control and he will come back even better.

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

We don't need Jr. We need a true Rutter presence. Still hoping for a PE teacher re-emergence.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

MeyerSpread wrote:
moonshine wrote:Rumor on the streets over the weekend is that Boston Jr. will be rehired soon!
I don't know for sure what he did to be fired but I can see them hiring him back. He and his Father have done so much for the program it's hard not to at least consider. I mean, they went from beating Trimble week 1 to going 1-9, he had to know what he was doing and they crumbled without him.

Maybe his one year off will give him some perspective and some control and he will come back even better.
I hope this never happens!!!!!!!!!!

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

It has been decided but they are not letting the cat, ;) , out of the bag till the board meeting. No Boston won't be back but the defense will be taken care of if the new guy is true to his word.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY Tomcat wrote:It has been decided but they are not letting the cat, ;) , out of the bag till the board meeting. No Boston won't be back but the defense will be taken care of if the new guy is true to his word.
Next week is what I heard.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bobby Boucher
Waterboy

Post by Bobby Boucher »

ArmChairQB wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:

I agree

Ma ma ma mama says go ny bucks
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I'm sure the cat will be out of the bag on Wensday!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dogpound81
Waterboy

Post by Dogpound81 »

Bobby Boucher wrote:
ArmChairQB wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:

I agree
He didn't get fired, he resigned, first as coach then as Ad. But resigned with conditions. Not hard to figure out what the conditions were. I think the new coach will have them ready to compete next year. They will have 55 to 60 kids out and it'll be more like Buckeye football than whatever the heck they tried to do last year. I was talking to one of the old coaches and he said there was over 30 assistants that coached over the last 10 years. That's crazy. Why wouldn't they stay around such a storied programs with a legend head coach? I'm excited about next year. I'll be in my spot in the pound ready to see Buckeye football again.

Bobby Boucher
Waterboy

Post by Bobby Boucher »

Dogpound81 wrote:
Bobby Boucher wrote:
ArmChairQB wrote: I hope this never happens!!!!!!!!!!
I agree
He didn't get fired, he resigned, first as coach then as Ad. But resigned with conditions. Not hard to figure out what the conditions were. I think the new coach will have them ready to compete next year. They will have 55 to 60 kids out and it'll be more like Buckeye football than whatever the heck they tried to do last year. I was talking to one of the old coaches and he said there was over 30 assistants that coached over the last 10 years. That's crazy. Why wouldn't they stay around such a storied programs with a legend head coach? I'm excited about next year. I'll be in my spot in the pound ready to see Buckeye football again.
I'm ready and excited for a new era of nelsonville York football

Ma ma ma mama says go ny bucks
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The worm has turned so to speak!
LOOK OUT TVC!!
THE BUCKEYES ARE READING TO ASSUME THEIR POSITION OF DOMINENCE ONCE AGAIN!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I just hope whoever they hire doesn't try to run the spread (even though it's my favorite offense). It would be too weird to see. Ironton in the shot gun almost every play a few years back hurt my eyes... Keep pounding the rock, Buckeyes!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Orange and Brown wrote:The worm has turned so to speak!
LOOK OUT TVC!!
The days of one team dominating the TVC-Ohio are over I'm afraid. Bartrum down at Meigs is building a solid program, Penrod at Alex is doing the same. Athens will be at or near the top most seasons with their coaching staff and program. I don't care if NY hires Bill Belichek, no one team is going to dominate this league for quite some time.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:The worm has turned so to speak!
LOOK OUT TVC!!
The days of one team dominating the TVC-Ohio are over I'm afraid. Bartrum down at Meigs is building a solid program, Penrod at Alex is doing the same. Athens will be at or near the top most seasons with their coaching staff and program. I don't care if NY hires Bill Belichek, no one team is going to dominate this league for quite some time.
Alex - they will be back where they belong- at or near the bottom of the league.
Meigs- will be good next year and maybe 2 years after that and then 5-5
Athens - with a good coach should always be in the top 3 .
NY - same as Athens. I for one couldn't care less about a TVC title/ how about some playoff wins!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

MeyerSpread wrote:I just hope whoever they hire doesn't try to run the spread (even though it's my favorite offense). It would be too weird to see. Ironton in the shot gun almost every play a few years back hurt my eyes... Keep pounding the rock, Buckeyes!
NY has used 4 receiver sets for a decade now lol
Sure your gonna see a lot of 2 back and power sets but we have been very capable of spreading it out and throwing as well as running.

At the end of the day, the new coach has to run whatever offense fits the players he has.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Orange and Brown wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:I just hope whoever they hire doesn't try to run the spread (even though it's my favorite offense). It would be too weird to see. Ironton in the shot gun almost every play a few years back hurt my eyes... Keep pounding the rock, Buckeyes!
Sure your gonna see a lot of 2 back and power sets but we have been very capable of spreading it out and throwing as well as running.

At the end of the day, the new coach has to run whatever offense fits the players he has.

Your level of skill and talent will dictated the type of offense, defense and special teams play

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

moonshine wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:

Your level of skill and talent will dictated the type of offense, defense and special teams play
:D exactly!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

When will the public know who will be in charge?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NY BUCKS wrote:When will the public know who will be in charge?
The CAT should be let out of the bag tonight! :mrgreen:

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

It's basically become the worst kept secret in the area at this point lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Post by Ttomcat99 »

Orange and Brown wrote:It's basically become the worst kept secret in the area at this point lol
Everybody in Athens County knows its Rusty. The bigger question is who is he bringing in on the coaching staff. I heard Ben Robey and Noah Watkins

:twisted: Some wish for it but we work for it :twisted:

Return to “Football”