Meigs 2016

Bird Dog
All Conference

Re: Meigs 2016

Post by Bird Dog »

MarauderMadness wrote:
Bird Dog wrote:
NY Tomcat wrote:If NY gets the right coach and he hires the DC that works in the system already Meigs will be among the teams fighting for second place in the TVC Ohio next year.
If, if, if, if, if, if, if. Maybe but we'll see and should be a great year of football.
Meigs won't play Wahama now. I am hearing Wahama is willing. What's the deal? Seems like that game would be good for the area.
If I remember right I think they had a series in the mid 90's and Wahama ended it because Meigs rolled them and it hurt their playoff chances. Personally I'd rather see Meigs schedule up and not down even though it would be nice for the area

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

There is no chance Wahama would be willing to play Meigs right now... Maybe when they were winning State Championships but not now... In the late 90's Meigs had to play a 9 game season because of a late drop out from Wahama, I really doubt Meigs will ever forgive them and give them another GIANT gate.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

MeyerSpread wrote:There is no chance Wahama would be willing to play Meigs right now... Maybe when they were winning State Championships but not now... In the late 90's Meigs had to play a 9 game season because of a late drop out from Wahama, I really doubt Meigs will ever forgive them and give them another GIANT gate.
Holding on to old grudges huh? You would think with a Meigs guy coaching at Wahama now they would forget about what Ed Cromley did 20 years ago? That same old tired excuse is getting old. Meigs had no problem playing Southern and it was a huge gate. So why not play Wahama?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Why would they play Wahama now? It would do nothing to help them get into the postseason.If you haven't noticed, Meigs has really beefed up their schedule the last two seasons. They play in the toughest region in southeast Ohio.Playing Wahama would literally do nothing for them even if they win.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

When Meigs played Southern it was because Point Pleasant dropped them (just like Wahama did) and there were only about 5 schools with openings in week 4 when they found out they were being dropped so why not play the school in your own county? I think Cleveland Glenville who was the D1 State Champ the year before was one of the 5 schools... Meigs wins nothing by playing Wahama, Eastern or Southern, they are bigger than them and should and would beat them 9 of 10 years but the one year they don't win they have everything to lose in bragging rights.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

BlizzardMan wrote:Why would they play Wahama now? It would do nothing to help them get into the postseason.If you haven't noticed, Meigs has really beefed up their schedule the last two seasons. They play in the toughest region in southeast Ohio.Playing Wahama would literally do nothing for them even if they win.
Like most fans, you fall under the conspiracy theory that if school A plays a tough schedule they are battle tested and get in the playoffs. The thing is.......you have to win enough games to get in. The new tougher schedule in Marauder land has yet to see them playing past week 10. Which is what you would expect from there. We at Nelsonville have a full understanding of the postseason and what it takes to get there. :lol:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ttomcat99
Riding the Bench

Post by Ttomcat99 »

MeyerSpread wrote:When Meigs played Southern it was because Point Pleasant dropped them (just like Wahama did) and there were only about 5 schools with openings in week 4 when they found out they were being dropped so why not play the school in your own county? I think Cleveland Glenville who was the D1 State Champ the year before was one of the 5 schools... Meigs wins nothing by playing Wahama, Eastern or Southern, they are bigger than them and should and would beat them 9 of 10 years but the one year they don't win they have everything to lose in bragging rights.
Trimble played meigs the 2012 and 2013 season and won and they are the same size as wahama eastern and southern. You get more points for winning than you do secondary points for playoffs. Point is just win and the playoff picture will sort its self out. Schedule doesnt mean much at all. Look at Athens schedule last few years they blew teams out with majority of the starters not playing in second half of the games and they made it to the state championship

:twisted: Some wish for it but we work for it :twisted:
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

My statement had to do more about bragging rights than playoff points. Meigs should win because they are a bigger school so they have everything to lose and nothing to win in bragging rights. There is huge difference in Trimble's program and the other 3 mentioned.

tomcatpride
Waterboy

Post by tomcatpride »

Smells like chicken in Pomeroy

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ground Buck wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:Why would they play Wahama now? It would do nothing to help them get into the postseason.If you haven't noticed, Meigs has really beefed up their schedule the last two seasons. They play in the toughest region in southeast Ohio.Playing Wahama would literally do nothing for them even if they win.
Like most fans, you fall under the conspiracy theory that if school A plays a tough schedule they are battle tested and get in the playoffs. The thing is.......you have to win enough games to get in. The new tougher schedule in Marauder land has yet to see them playing past week 10. Which is what you would expect from there. We at Nelsonville have a full understanding of the postseason and what it takes to get there. :lol:
No in this region, beating Wahama doesn't get you there. How can you seriously insult a team for playing Logan, Jackson and Amanda Clearcreek instead of Wahama? Really? That's a lot scarier than playing Trimble and Wahama. I'm not insulting anyone's program, but DIV teams have little to gain playing DVII programs.

Rebel Yell
Riding the Bench

Post by Rebel Yell »

Contact Rebel Mafia he needs your help

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Bird Dog wrote:They beat Logan and Jackson we can all start talking and not dreaming about a playoff run.
Meigs should beat Logan next year. The Marauders will have a talent and experience edge. Logan rebuilding in 2016. Should be good again in '17 and '18.

Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

MeyerSpread wrote:I think the sky is the limit with this being Cody Bartrum's Senior year and little brother Zach Bartrum emerging as this years version of Kaleb Sheets. Lane Cullums should also have a huge year for the Marauders.

I think this could be the first TVC Ohio Championship since 1998 and First playoff appearance since 2008.

Logan and Jackson will be huge obstacles but I think they should be in every game they play in 2016!

What does everyone else think?
Does that mean they won't give him the ball enough?

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Chuck Sheetz wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:I think the sky is the limit with this being Cody Bartrum's Senior year and little brother Zach Bartrum emerging as this years version of Kaleb Sheets. Lane Cullums should also have a huge year for the Marauders.

I think this could be the first TVC Ohio Championship since 1998 and First playoff appearance since 2008.

Logan and Jackson will be huge obstacles but I think they should be in every game they play in 2016!

What does everyone else think?
Does that mean they won't give him the ball enough?
His dad is the coach, right? :mrgreen:

JacksonMayor
Waterboy

Post by JacksonMayor »

I think now is the time for Meigs to lead he way in this area by growing a set and rejoining he SEOAL. How about it? Have ya got what it takes?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

JacksonMayor wrote:I think now is the time for Meigs to lead he way in this area by growing a set and rejoining he SEOAL. How about it? Have ya got what it takes?
Why.... by what you say Athens, Marietta and Point are coming back and that will make six teams...do we need more :D

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

loganlocos wrote:
Bird Dog wrote:They beat Logan and Jackson we can all start talking and not dreaming about a playoff run.
Meigs should beat Logan next year. The Marauders will have a talent and experience edge. Logan rebuilding in 2016. Should be good again in '17 and '18.
It'll be as good a chance as ever. Meigs up, Logan down, and at home. Like I said they don't beat Logan and get crushed by Jackson why talk playoff run. Let's wait and hope to watch good football

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Keleb contributed a ton of offense for the Marauders. I'm not sure how you could say he didn't get the ball enough? I could be wrong but I would imagine he lead the team in rushes and receptions?

dolphin
Waterboy

Post by dolphin »

Speaking of Kaleb.... has he signed to play any college ball????

Return to “Football”