New Racine Southern Coach

Jayski
Waterboy

Re: New Racine Southern Coach

Post by Jayski »

In less than five years, the process will repeat itself!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

This is awesome. Such a top notch guy. He's had the itch for a bit now. Happy for him.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

He will do good things at Southern.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BleedBlue
Waterboy

Post by BleedBlue »

I know Mike personally and I believe he will continue to be the type of coach he has been for years. I wish him the best of luck in his stay with the Torndaoes. With that said, I believe the way things happened were pretty shady. Coach Wickline has changed the atmosphere for Southern football, they now expect to win, or at the very least, compete. For all too many years, Southern football went into every game already beat. I have no idea what the records are, but I would take a bet that as far as most wins as a head coach at Southern, he would have to be fairly high on the list. If trading football for baseball was something he wanted, then good for him. However, from a community standpoint, things appear to look shady. Maybe I am the only one who thinks that, if so, then so be it.

Best of luck to Chancey and Wikline, in football and baseball respectively.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

BleedBlue wrote:I know Mike personally and I believe he will continue to be the type of coach he has been for years. I wish him the best of luck in his stay with the Torndaoes. With that said, I believe the way things happened were pretty shady. Coach Wickline has changed the atmosphere for Southern football, they now expect to win, or at the very least, compete. For all too many years, Southern football went into every game already beat. I have no idea what the records are, but I would take a bet that as far as most wins as a head coach at Southern, he would have to be fairly high on the list. If trading football for baseball was something he wanted, then good for him. However, from a community standpoint, things appear to look shady. Maybe I am the only one who thinks that, if so, then so be it.

Best of luck to Chancey and Wikline, in football and baseball respectively.
You danged tootin its shady. Them boys down at the butcher shop aint none to happy either. Them boys like that ther Chancy boy and all but we dont need no coach comin in here and tellin them boys to lift them danged waits. We was a hopin it was true that Howdy Cadwell was gonna get the job cause ther aint no way heed let them boys do no wait liftin cause he knows it throws off ther shot.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

GotoHellSEOPS wrote:No coaches deserve that but sites like this make it open season on coaches with all the bashing that goes on
Nope. I think 5 losing seasons out of 6 and a 24-37 record overall pretty well did it.

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

He did that well? In southern history that is top notch performance.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Kyle did a great job and will continue to be a great asset at Southern with Baseball and all sports. I am sure he and Coach Chancey will have a great working relationship.

Mike will do a great job with football but more importantly he will set a high standard for morals and ethics and will teach many life lessons. He may not have the best coaching record (100 plus wins is pretty good) but the way he molds young men is second to none. I know he was approached by several bigger schools but he ended up staying in his community and that speaks volumes of his character.

Both men are class acts.

"Chancey takes over"
http://mydailysentinel.com/sports/3689/ ... ball-coach

"Wickline hired as SHS baseball coach"
http://mydailysentinel.com/sports/3691/ ... ball-coach

Booby Blocker
Waterboy

Post by Booby Blocker »

Any chance they bring coach smith on board?

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

What is Coach Smith's first name and his coaching resume? I don't think I have ever heard of him. I've heard the staff will be a mix of former Southern and Meigs coaches.

Booby Blocker
Waterboy

Post by Booby Blocker »

C. Thomas Smith was a longtime assistant under several coaches at Southern. He taught the offensive line some unique strategies and was well thought of in the community.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I think I remember a coach smith coaching the dolphins in bbyfl... Same guy? If so they always won when I was younger.

I'm sure Mike will take all the help he can get. The problem is they only have 2 paid positions for assistants so most are already working for free.

I know he had 5 paid assistants at Meigs and they are all volunteering.

That's a lot of hard work to do for free but if you love the game it isn't about the money.

I would assume current Southern teachers will get first dibs at paid positions.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

I like working in Racine. The pay there is always extra special. Did a few games for Chauncey too. He always took good care of me. I gotta get up there this fall. I foresee a financial windfall. $$$$$$$$$$$$!!

Return to “Football”