A SERIOUS QUESTION ABOUT THE MAC LEAGUE

Paladin
SEOP

Re: A SERIOUS QUESTION ABOUT THE MAC LEAGUE

Post by Paladin »

Locos -- I heard right about Larry then. I played with his younger brother, John. And I was in the same class as Willie's younger brother, Carl. I was an East End kid but family moved to North Walnut St. 2 blocks over from the H.S. when I hit Jr. Hi. I was in thick with the hilltop ( Daltons, Gassers as I played with Tom,etc.). Great place to grow up.

big medicine -- you are correct, Anna is a Honda plant. The MAC is all small division schools but have ability to play up. Many of those schools scheduled D-I teams before and pounded them. Both Cleveland and Columbus City League D-I teams have played the MAC and got stomped.

And you are correct ,Locos. Jefferson has made an improvement lately as St. John's tuition has led several to opt for public school. For the most part, the MAC is heavy with German Catholic kids. Similar to old Logan.

Have gun, will travel
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

wasn't Larry the purple Santa?
Didn't one of those Wells play for the Columbus Colts?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well they're doing something right paladin.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THAT'S VERY INTERESTING MEDICINE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
big medicine
Waterboy

Post by big medicine »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

INDEED.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i miss football ya'll. I'm way more into college and high school than the pros . even though I'm a diehard Bengal fan.

CWVoice
Waterboy

Post by CWVoice »

then what wrote:Talked to several Coldwater fans or fans from that area. They did say there is some recruitment from Indiana that goes on with coldwater, They dont have soccer and they do have wrestling. Leverage and balance plus right nutritional plan = a great football player. These kids all looked the same. Player development is how they are ahead. Regardless they are a complete team. Awesome tradition....

I was clearing out the cache and thought I'd stroll by here today, and I have to say, WHAT THE HELL? There is not a single kid from Indiana on the team. There's no "recruitment from Indiana" unless somehow we decide a kid is going to be a great player at birth then we get their family to move to Coldwater where they raise the player and send him to Coldwater schools since Kindergarten. Whomever you were "talking" to was clueless. We had three open enrollment kids on the team and they were all bench warmers from a nearby town.

The reasons for the MAC's success have all been touched upon, but also don't forget our kids achieve at high levels in most pursuits. Most MAC schools get perfect or near perfect scores on the state testing. Most of them have great success at State Band competitions, and the list goes on. It's a community attitude thing. Look at Coldwater 90 kids on the team and 100 kids in the band, which basically means about 40% of the student body is directly involved on Friday nights. Not many schools in DV can boast that kind of participation.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

CWVoice wrote:
then what wrote:Talked to several Coldwater fans or fans from that area. They did say there is some recruitment from Indiana that goes on with coldwater, They dont have soccer and they do have wrestling. Leverage and balance plus right nutritional plan = a great football player. These kids all looked the same. Player development is how they are ahead. Regardless they are a complete team. Awesome tradition....

I was clearing out the cache and thought I'd stroll by here today, and I have to say, WHAT THE HELL? There is not a single kid from Indiana on the team. There's no "recruitment from Indiana" unless somehow we decide a kid is going to be a great player at birth then we get their family to move to Coldwater where they raise the player and send him to Coldwater schools since Kindergarten. Whomever you were "talking" to was clueless. We had three open enrollment kids on the team and they were all bench warmers from a nearby town.

The reasons for the MAC's success have all been touched upon, but also don't forget our kids achieve at high levels in most pursuits. Most MAC schools get perfect or near perfect scores on the state testing. Most of them have great success at State Band competitions, and the list goes on. It's a community attitude thing. Look at Coldwater 90 kids on the team and 100 kids in the band, which basically means about 40% of the student body is directly involved on Friday nights. Not many schools in DV can boast that kind of participation.
hey CW I'm glad you stopped by. I didn't say anything like that. someone else must have . but I'm really kinda in awe of the MAC. so I figured I'd ask around and see why such a profound difference in this league.

Return to “Football”