Did Ironton Close Down Their Weight Program

Abe Froman
S

Re: Did Ironton Close Down Their Weight Program

Post by Abe Froman »

Raider6309 wrote:All sports u better lift and eat right. Eating right is 80% of being athletic
Eating may be 80% of building muscle, although not sure I buy that 20% lifting and 80% eating right makes you strong, but you always seem to know so much, so I will roll with it.

Eating being 80% of being athletic or an athlete is a bit of a reach. Otherwise you would have everyone eating right lol and wanting to start at QB for tOSU. Athletic is a little more complicated and reliant on other things than eating right.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Not sure I buy the 80-20 ratio.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I DON'T.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I was athletic in school. I could run a pass route. I could dribble and shoot. The problem was I was not bigger, faster, quicker, or stronger than the guy who started over me. Our weight program was just seeing how much iron you could lift. Well big deal, if you can't get there quickly to move your man.

Truthfully, strong and big is not the way anymore. It's strong and agile, being balanced and quick. It should be labeled training instead of weights.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Id day its more 55-45 ratio. In favor of healthy eating.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote:All sports u better lift and eat right. Eating right is 80% of being athletic
Oh my raider
I've heard it all now .

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Lifting is important but we're building athletes not body builders. To go along with strength a player needs to have speed , agility , and be felixible

A good modern day trainer will know all this

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Indeed.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Lets get back to the subject all good points. Did Ironton shut down their weight program? Does anyone know for sure?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think a lot of the problem is kids ain't active anymore. growing up in ironton we were outside daylight till dark basically. no matter how hot or cold it was. if we weren't fishing, swimming, playing sandlot football, swimming in the river or climbing the hills on the other side of 52. we were cutting grass with push mowers,weedeating with the hand scissor type clippers, shoveling snow. and helping our parents build things, pouring concrete or something like that. everywhere we went we walked,rode a bike or roller skated too.we were active all day everyday. what you ate mom cooked. no processed food. we'd go to school and play that's all we did. we were always looking for odd jobs to make a few bucks. and it was always the hardest thing that the homeowner did not want to do himself. I see these play for 60 nfl commercials. and kinda laugh. because back then in the 60's n 70's. we would not even sit for 60 minutes a day.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and those of us that lifted generally did everyday. and we didn't know any better. we'd work all muscle group every day.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Once again does anyone know for sure if Ironton closed down their after school weight lifting?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I guess nobody knows or is willing to comment day.

1champion00
Waterboy

Post by 1champion00 »

If they did shut it down that is crazy. So many don't even understand the significance of weight training for EVERY sport, basketball included.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Your 2016 Week 1 opponent is hard at it already fellows, saw several of them over the weekend getting stronger, faster, better.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

exactly abe.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

1champion00 wrote:If they did shut it down that is crazy. So many don't even understand the significance of weight training for EVERY sport, basketball included.
The only thing them waits does in basketball is throws off yer shot. Look at whats happenin at Racine right now. That ther football coach talked all them boys in to liften waits and now they cant make ther shots. Thats why they losin. So I think its smart for Arntin to close down the waits unless they dont care about basketball.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Weight lifting does not hurt your shot. But I guess I would ask why shut it down for all the sports. That 1 period that the school lets the football players left is far not enough. Also if the head coaches of all the sports are allowing this to happen they should be gone.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

look at college, and pro basketball players and anybody try to convince me they are not weight training. I really nutrition and excessive amounts of protein are key. but they ain't getting that way using them stretchy bands and doin yoga. they are pushing around the iron.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironton sounds like a mess right now
How embarrassing that this is even being discussed
This is the new Ironton Tigers
No one is Intimidated and they all smell blood

Return to “Football”