2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

fbnut
SEOP

Re: 2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by fbnut »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:10 am
IrontonTigers#1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 5:14 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:15 am

Two year ago when Ironton got throttled in the final, Keyes, Perkins and Felder were probably 75% of their offense. Take them three away and what "Homegrown" talent replaces them?

Sure, they have homegrown kids but without those three they probably barely win 4 games.

If he can win with what he has, why does he continue to bring kids in?
I Disagree the with what you say about that team. Because that team was loaded with Ironton raised talent.

Who??? Maybe some lineman or some defensive guys but those three were Ironton's offense that year. I would bet that say on a 15 play drive, those three touched the ball 12-13 times.

Do you really believe that without them Ironton has the kind of season they had?? Come on man!!!!!
they are truly dilutional :lol:

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

I am tired of grow men complaining about homegrown this or homegrown that. People are allowed to make choices that they feel put their families in the best situation. It's no different than taking a new job or getting a new house. Just something for us old men to complain about down here in South East Ohio. No wonder we get a bad name. Complain about competition being unfair instead of teaching our kids that it will happen and we just have to better ourselves. The old poor me attitude.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

SEO Sports wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:35 am I am tired of grow men complaining about homegrown this or homegrown that. People are allowed to make choices that they feel put their families in the best situation. It's no different than taking a new job or getting a new house. Just something for us old men to complain about down here in South East Ohio. No wonder we get a bad name. Complain about competition being unfair instead of teaching our kids that it will happen and we just have to better ourselves. The old poor me attitude.
First, I’m not complaining about it. I give kudos to Pendleton for the work he’s done to get such talent to Ironton. As I’ve said numerous times, his job is to win football games, and he needs to take whatever steps needed to do such.

Second, if you think comments on this site about transfers/recruits are unique to southern Ohio, you are truly mistaken. Teams in Cincy refuse to play Moeller and other GCL schools due to recruiting. One coach came out publicly and stated “we will not play against our own kids.” OHSAA has gotten so much pressure about this, that they created CB to punish private schools for recruiting. Unfortunately for D1 schools, this punishment is irrelevant, so public D1 schools have simply stopped playing the catholic schools in protest.

Complaining on this site about transfers is not what gives southeastern Ohio a bad reputation. There are numerous other reasons for that.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:29 pm
SEO Sports wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:35 am I am tired of grow men complaining about homegrown this or homegrown that. People are allowed to make choices that they feel put their families in the best situation. It's no different than taking a new job or getting a new house. Just something for us old men to complain about down here in South East Ohio. No wonder we get a bad name. Complain about competition being unfair instead of teaching our kids that it will happen and we just have to better ourselves. The old poor me attitude.
First, I’m not complaining about it. I give kudos to Pendleton for the work he’s done to get such talent to Ironton. As I’ve said numerous times, his job is to win football games, and he needs to take whatever steps needed to do such.

Second, if you think comments on this site about transfers/recruits are unique to southern Ohio, you are truly mistaken. Teams in Cincy refuse to play Moeller and other GCL schools due to recruiting. One coach came out publicly and stated “we will not play against our own kids.” OHSAA has gotten so much pressure about this, that they created CB to punish private schools for recruiting. Unfortunately for D1 schools, this punishment is irrelevant, so public D1 schools have simply stopped playing the catholic schools in protest.

Complaining on this site about transfers is not what gives southeastern Ohio a bad reputation. There are numerous other reasons for that.
Nice, could you let me know which coach came out publicly and said this? I live in Cincinnati and follow a lot of these teams close as my close friends went to these schools. I have never heard anyone here complain about Moeller or any people talking about teams refusing to play them.

T-I-G-E-R-S
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:59 pm

Nice, could you let me know which coach came out publicly and said this? I live in Cincinnati and follow a lot of these teams close as my close friends went to these schools. I have never heard anyone here complain about Moeller or any people talking about teams refusing to play them.
Was said about 5-6 years ago by the Mason head coach and was directed at Moeller specifically.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:07 pm

Was said about 5-6 years ago by the Mason head coach and was directed at Moeller specifically.
One comment from 5-6 years ago that you allegedly heard. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Also, What kind of work has Pendleton done to bring in talent? Is he knocking doors?

T-I-G-E-R-S
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:15 pm

Also, What kind of work has Pendleton done to bring in talent? Is he knocking doors?
It’s more than one comment…

As for Pendleton, yes, he is knocking on doors. But as I said, good for him. It’s his job to win, and if that’s what it takes…

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... /10353401/

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:17 pm

As for Pendleton, yes, he is knocking on doors. But as I said, good for him. It’s his job to win, and if that’s what it takes…

Glad you have proof of him knocking on doors. Please show us all. I'd love to see. Thanks in advance.

T-I-G-E-R-S
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

TigersGameDayFan wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:23 pm

Glad you have proof of him knocking on doors. Please show us all. I'd love to see. Thanks in advance.
So I proved point one that transfers/recruits are discussed outside of southeastern Ohio…

As for Pendleton’s contacts, we can go through them again but they have been discussed multiple times on this site. Not sure why you need to hear them again, but here are three examples that I am aware:
- Perkins: Pendleton actually attended his basketball games and talked with Perkins when Perkins was still at Valley.

- Lattimore and Caleb Arthur were both contacted about transferring to Ironton to play football.

These are the only three that I have been able to corroborate outside of this site since all three have strong connections to Burg.

I have no information on the kids from Ashland and West Virginia, so cannot verify if Pendleton made contact with them or not.

But again, why does it matter? Pendleton’s only job is to win football games. No one really cares how he does it. Same was true for Bob Lutz as well. Lutz, in my opinion, was worse than Pendleton in one big area: Lutz let his players slide on the academics where I have never heard that about Pendleton. I know this personally because I tutored one of Ironton’s greats in college.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

This Ironton team looks as talented as any they’ve had.

A lot of guys just playing one way will really benefit the program.

2024 could be a special year.

*RS- Returning Starter

QB Schreck- RS, Edwards D1 offer kid
RB Williams- RS, Carmon- RS, Graves- Transfer from Huntington
FB Copas- RS,
TE- ???
OL- Gossett RS
OL- Layne RS
OL- Jacobs RS
OL- Litton RS
OL-???
WR- Terry RS
WR- Roach RS
WR- ???

Defense

DL- Jacobs RS
DL- Layne RS
DL-Copas RS
LB- Bump RS
LB-Sturgill RS
LB- Willams RS
LB-???
DB- Terry RS
DB- Johnson RS
DB- Markel RS
DB- Edwards RS

P- Schreck RS
K- Fields RS
KR- Terry RS
PR- Terry RS

18 of 22 starters return. They were also very talented in JV ball last year only losing to Massillon by 2 scores.
Last edited by XandOs on Thu May 23, 2024 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:16 pm

So I proved point one that transfers/recruits are discussed outside of southeastern Ohio…

As for Pendleton’s contacts, we can go through them again but they have been discussed multiple times on this site. Not sure why you need to hear them again, but here are three examples that I am aware:
- Perkins: Pendleton actually attended his basketball games and talked with Perkins when Perkins was still at Valley.

- Lattimore and Caleb Arthur were both contacted about transferring to Ironton to play football.

These are the only three that I have been able to corroborate outside of this site since all three have strong connections to Burg.

I have no information on the kids from Ashland and West Virginia, so cannot verify if Pendleton made contact with them or not.

But again, why does it matter? Pendleton’s only job is to win football games. No one really cares how he does it. Same was true for Bob Lutz as well. Lutz, in my opinion, was worse than Pendleton in one big area: Lutz let his players slide on the academics where I have never heard that about Pendleton. I know this personally because I tutored one of Ironton’s greats in college.
Ironton just landed a couple big names from Minford

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

Larry Fine wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:49 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:16 pm

Ironton just landed a couple big names from Minford
Fake news

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

XandOs wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:45 pm This Ironton team looks as talented as any they’ve had.

*RS- Returning Starter

FB Copas- RS,
TE- ???
OL- Gossett RS
OL- Layne RS
OL- Jacobs RS
OL- Litton RS
OL-???
WR- Terry RS
WR- Roach RS
WR- ???

Defense

DL- Jacobs RS
DL- Layne RS
DL-Copas RS
LB- Bump RS
LB-Sturgill RS
LB- Willams RS
LB-???
DB- Terry RS
DB- Johnson RS
DB- Markel RS
DB- Edwards RS

P- Schreck RS
K- Fields RS
KR- Terry RS
PR- Terry RS

18 of 22 starters return. They were also very talented in JV ball last year only losing to Massillon by 2 scores.
18 returning starters and over 20 seniors on the team. This has to be the strongest roster in all of D5. Is this the year IHS finally wins the big prize?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:29 pm
XandOs wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:45 pm This Ironton team looks as talented as any they’ve had.

*RS- Returning Starter

FB Copas- RS,
TE- ???
OL- Gossett RS
OL- Layne RS
OL- Jacobs RS
OL- Litton RS
OL-???
WR- Terry RS
WR- Roach RS
WR- ???

Defense

DL- Jacobs RS
DL- Layne RS
DL-Copas RS
LB- Bump RS
LB-Sturgill RS
LB- Willams RS
LB-???
DB- Terry RS
DB- Johnson RS
DB- Markel RS
DB- Edwards RS

P- Schreck RS
K- Fields RS
KR- Terry RS
PR- Terry RS

18 returning starters and over 20 seniors on the team. This has to be the strongest roster in all of D5. Is this the year IHS finally wins the big prize?
No excuses. They better win it all.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

packers80 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:38 pm

*RS- Returning Starter

FB Copas- RS,
TE- ???
OL- Gossett RS
OL- Layne RS
OL- Jacobs RS
OL- Litton RS
OL-???
WR- Terry RS
WR- Roach RS
WR- ???

Defense

DL- Jacobs RS
DL- Layne RS
DL-Copas RS
LB- Bump RS
LB-Sturgill RS
LB- Willams RS
LB-???
DB- Terry RS
DB- Johnson RS
DB- Markel RS
DB- Edwards RS

P- Schreck RS
K- Fields RS
KR- Terry RS
PR- Terry RS

You say this every year hoping and praying Ironton don’t win a championship. Wheelersburg needs to beat Ironton at home , NO EXCUSES

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:34 pm

You say this every year hoping and praying Ironton don’t win a championship. Wheelersburg needs to beat Ironton at home , NO EXCUSES
That makes zero sense.

IHS football will walk into Miller stadium with half-dozen D1 athletes versus Burg’s zero. IHS will be the heavy favorite and will not see a single D5 school with a better roster.

The Burg game is a must win for IHS. Lose that game, and IHS will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:02 pm

That makes zero sense.

IHS football will walk into Miller stadium with half-dozen D1 athletes versus Burg’s zero. IHS will be the heavy favorite and will not see a single D5 school with a better roster.

The Burg game is a must win for IHS. Lose that game, and IHS will be lucky to make the playoffs.
Before Pendleton took over Wheelersburg was putting running clocks on Ironton, now Ironton is on top. This is a must win for Burg . NO EXCUSES

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:01 pm

That makes zero sense.

Before Pendleton took over Wheelersburg was putting running clocks on Ironton, now Ironton is on top. This is a must win for Burg . NO EXCUSES
So your argument is that the team with all the D1 athletes should lose to the team with zero? I really hope you don’t bet on any sporting events!

It’s actually not a must win for Burg. They are a young team and have plenty of opportunities to make the playoffs even with the loss.

As for Ironton, Burg is the easiest game IHS plays in their first seven. Lose the Burg game and the season could unravel really fast.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:09 pm

That makes zero sense.

So your argument is that the team with all the D1 athletes should lose to the team with zero? I really hope you don’t bet on any sporting events!

It’s actually not a must win for Burg. They are a young team and have plenty of opportunities to make the playoffs even with the loss.

As for Ironton, Burg is the easiest game IHS plays in their first seven. Lose the Burg game and the season could unravel really fast.

So Burg now expects to lose to Ironton, wow times have changed. NO EXCUSES

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:20 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:09 pm

So Burg now expects to lose to Ironton, wow times have changed. NO EXCUSES
I would expect it to be an upset given that IHS has one of the best players in the state and multiple D1 athletes on their team. On paper, this game shouldn’t be close given IHS will have more D1 power five athletes on this team than Burg has had on all of their teams combined! On paper, IHS should win the state title.

You trying to downplay IHS’s chances is what really has changed. No way does Ironton of the 70’s and 80’s act this way. But that’s when Ironton actually won state titles. New Ironton tolerates losing even when they have the best roster. New Ironton is afraid of high expectations that come with a loaded roster.

And you know as well as I do: lose this game against Burg, and the season will come to a quick and massively disappointing end.

Return to “Football”