Gallia Academy 2024

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: GA football

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Rebel Yell wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:02 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:08 am GA ran off a darn good coach who cared a lot about the job, the kids, and the community. It's an absolute disgrace and the folks behind it deserve to be named and shamed publicly.
Spill the tea
Take a stroll down the business district of Gallipolis and you'll probably find your answer there. Carter wasn't playing daddy ball and in Gallipolis, if you piss off the wrong mommy and daddy, you soon find yourself falling from grace.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:55 pm Sorry though you talking about golf tees,
I can read you for what you are now that you have a few posts under your belt. Your folks must have been really proud of you. Its always a great thing when something can be done to keep the low functioning students involved in school activities. In addition to your tee retriever duties I bet you worked real hard keeping the water bottles topped off. Hope your adult sized tricycle is working ok.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I know for a fact, because I was there, that Geronimo was a fine football player at Gallia Academy. Take it to them, 55!

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:47 am
Geronimo wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:55 pm Sorry though you talking about golf tees,
I can read you for what you are now that you have a few posts under your belt. Your folks must have been really proud of you. Its always a great thing when something can be done to keep the low functioning students involved in school activities. In addition to your tee retriever duties I bet you worked real hard keeping the water bottles topped off. Hope your adult sized tricycle is working ok.
I always wondered why he seemed so dumb with his posts on here. This explains it.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:57 am I know for a fact, because I was there, that Geronimo was a fine football player at Gallia Academy. Take it to them, 55!
You tell’em daddy. 😂

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
MarauderMadness
JV Team

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:57 am I know for a fact, because I was there, that Geronimo was a fine football player at Gallia Academy. Take it to them, 55!
Pretty cool that they gave him a jersey to wear. Had to make him feel special. Did they do that thing where they oput him in late in a blowout game and get the other team to "miss" tackling him so he could score a "touchdown"? As his Daddy, you had to be pretty emotional.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

There not worth my time 78 ,they can say what they want, but that part of history will be there alway 😂 kick Meigs a$$, and everyone that season Ironton went home to, Logan, Jackson they followed also.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

LoL That's why only Ironton can only play theses days :lol: with the Big Boys up North, You have your answer keep running 🏃 it lol

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I believe that one season was undefeated.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Not sure why the guy from Meigs runs off at the mouth, I don't remember them ever having a good football team.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Maybe when Staggs was coaching?

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Not sure how someone who posts like that could have ever been eligible but I guess that just shows what academic standards exist at the “Academy”.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Looks like the Meigs job is still available, best worry about it,?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Talking and typing are two very different skills. Plus, sometimes getting older diminishes certain skills?
Surely the great minds at Meigs know that.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:43 am Talking and typing are two very different skills. Plus, sometimes getting older diminishes certain skills?
Making excuses for fudging grades so a player can stay academically eligible is ridiculous. But doesn’t surprise me out of GA. They make excuses for a lot of things that are allowed to slide by.

tackle81
Waterboy

Post by tackle81 »

Old Shorts wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:57 am
GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:43 am Talking and typing are two very different skills. Plus, sometimes getting older diminishes certain skills?
Making excuses for fudging grades so a player can stay academically eligible is ridiculous. But doesn’t surprise me out of GA. They make excuses for a lot of things that are allowed to slide by.
What exactly are you talking about here? Had GA done this in the past?

MarauderMadness
JV Team

tackle81 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:05 pm
Old Shorts wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:57 am
What exactly are you talking about here? Had GA done this in the past?
It appears that way and honestly I wouldnt be surprised if it did.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

As much as I disagree with the state of The Gallia Academy football program, it is not now, nor has it ever been the practice of "fudging" grades so a player can play.
Making assumptions makes an a$$ of those doing the assuming.

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

Nothing wrong with a little grade fudging to help a kid out. On a different note is there any truth to the story that Peterson is interested in the GA job?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Who is Peterson, and why would he want it?

Return to “Football”