fielddaddy
JV Team

Re: Irontons Carrico and Perkins both enter transfer portal day one

Post by fielddaddy »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:32 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:37 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:32 am

An extremely uniformed post.
99% of any post outta seo regarding D1 P5 college ball is misinformed. We are hearing opinions of a demographic that mostly produce slow chubby small white kids. Not REAL legit D1 talent. Is what it is. How can seo have a valid take on something they have ZERO experience with or working knowledge of? Same reason why seo doesn't produce any legit D1 college basketball talent either. Slow. Tiny. White and chubby. Lol. ..

Bitter pill
“Slow, tiny, and white”, you just described ML and Kirtland. Burg and IHS produce more college athletes than either of these schools.

SEO produces quite a few athletes given the area and limited population of said area: all-American linemen, professional baseball players, professional football players, even a basketball player that lead the nation in scoring.

Given the population, or lack thereof, SEO does quite well with regards to athletes.
Reid and Perkins both made it to the Power 5 teams why they left only they know.
99% of SE Ohio doesn't even get a sniff at a power 5 school 90% at a lower level school.
Why they entered the transfer portal is their business at least they got the shot to try.
And anyone degrading them or any other player from the SEO area should be ashamed of themselves.
I did not do Football never had the temperament for it I did do other sports though and had many chances to go to a smaller school I foolishly threw it away.
These young men and many others need to be respected and congratulated for even making it to college no matter what level it is.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

fielddaddy wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:55 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:37 pm

99% of any post outta seo regarding D1 P5 college ball is misinformed. We are hearing opinions of a demographic that mostly produce slow chubby small white kids. Not REAL legit D1 talent. Is what it is. How can seo have a valid take on something they have ZERO experience with or working knowledge of? Same reason why seo doesn't produce any legit D1 college basketball talent either. Slow. Tiny. White and chubby. Lol. ..

Bitter pill
“Slow, tiny, and white”, you just described ML and Kirtland. Burg and IHS produce more college athletes than either of these schools.

SEO produces quite a few athletes given the area and limited population of said area: all-American linemen, professional baseball players, professional football players, even a basketball player that lead the nation in scoring.

Given the population, or lack thereof, SEO does quite well with regards to athletes.
Reid and Perkins both made it to the Power 5 teams why they left only they know.
99% of SE Ohio doesn't even get a sniff at a power 5 school 90% at a lower level school.
Why they entered the transfer portal is their business at least they got the shot to try.
And anyone degrading them or any other player from the SEO area should be ashamed of themselves.
I did not do Football never had the temperament for it I did do other sports though and had many chances to go to a smaller school I foolishly threw it away.
These young men and many others need to be respected and congratulated for even making it to college no matter what level it is.
Agree! The athletic talent in the area is quite good given the low population.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

FIDO wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:24 pm
tigercat74 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:57 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:02 am

I don’t care about the lie, it may or may not be true that he went to UC and can’t play at that level. But with that said why is a grown man on here literally bashing a 19 year old kid who probably had his D1 football aspirations crushed? I just think it’s silly to get in here and say don’t believe in false promises and stop pretending you have a chance. Kid is 19, will likely be more successful than that asshat Fido in life.
Because most grown men that bash kids like that are just miserable SOBs who are not happy how their lives turned out.
"AN extremely uninformed post." I can go into details but it would only make you miserable.

I know my post is counter to the false narrative being spread from the Ironton faithful. NOT THE KIDS FAULT ADULTS LIE. It is laughable to say Ironton is loaded with D1 talent. Your own fan base is trying to sell this false narrative so they can overtly/covertly recruit or to entice young impressionable kids to Ironton. Your own fan base has declared ironton as a destination school for the areas top players, all based on false promises and an extremely false narrative.

A 19 year old young man has thicker skin than you guys give them credit. Many have died serving our country. Get out of SEO for a bit and clear your clouded and uninformed vision.
Clearly you’re just an old heartless, uninformed dick head. Don’t come at me with 19 year olds need to have thick skin. It’s 2023 not 1965. Just because your daddy would bust your ass when you didn’t catch the ball and embarrassed him doesn’t mean times are still like that. You think these kids like to get on the internet and read some grown losers are bashing them? You can say you weren’t but you were, you made that clear bud. Mental health is a major concern amongst young adults. You bring up war as if 18-19 year old boys didn’t come back with mental issues. You’re essentially cyber bullying as a grown man. But hey whatever makes you feel tough when you crawl in bed at night. How about a positive message. Hey Ty sucks it didn’t work out at UC, maybe your next stop will work out wether that’s D1 or NAIA, best of luck to you. But you seem to lack respect & character. Your knowledge of football in general also seems to be lacking. You didn’t seem to like that I called you out on the nonsense you posted or that I called you bud. You responded to it multiple times and to multiple other people, clearly it hurt you. So maybe if you didn’t like it Perkins or his family and friends don’t like you getting online basically saying he sucks, give up on his dreams, go get a crap degree from Morehead and never have dreams or aspirations again. Way to go BUD, you’re a real winner in life. Also FYI I’m not an Ironton fan, alum, supporter whatever, I’m quite the opposite.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Clearly, reading comp wasn't your strong point in Portsmouth.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:01 pm

Rand WV = smaller than Ironton = produced Randy Moss an NFL hall of famer and Jason Williams an NBA LEGEND.

Producing a couple kids who got d1 offers isn't special.

George Washington produced Ryan Switzer. He played in the NFL. Right across town at South Charleston was Aaron Dobson. Him and Mr. MOSS both caught TD passes from Tom Brady. South Charleston also has Pittman in Tampa with the Bucaneers currently. I don't wanna hear about how two d1 offers and never playing is special. Lmao. It's an also ran. You is or you ain't.

Seo ain't and never was and never will be.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:12 pm
Because most grown men that bash kids like that are just miserable SOBs who are not happy how their lives turned out.
"AN extremely uninformed post." I can go into details but it would only make you miserable.

I know my post is counter to the false narrative being spread from the Ironton faithful. NOT THE KIDS FAULT ADULTS LIE. It is laughable to say Ironton is loaded with D1 talent. Your own fan base is trying to sell this false narrative so they can overtly/covertly recruit or to entice young impressionable kids to Ironton. Your own fan base has declared ironton as a destination school for the areas top players, all based on false promises and an extremely false narrative.

A 19 year old young man has thicker skin than you guys give them credit. Many have died serving our country. Get out of SEO for a bit and clear your clouded and uninformed vision.
Clearly you’re just an old heartless, uninformed dick head. Don’t come at me with 19 year olds need to have thick skin. It’s 2023 not 1965. Just because your daddy would bust your ass when you didn’t catch the ball and embarrassed him doesn’t mean times are still like that. You think these kids like to get on the internet and read some grown losers are bashing them? You can say you weren’t but you were, you made that clear bud. Mental health is a major concern amongst young adults. You bring up war as if 18-19 year old boys didn’t come back with mental issues. You’re essentially cyber bullying as a grown man. But hey whatever makes you feel tough when you crawl in bed at night. How about a positive message. Hey Ty sucks it didn’t work out at UC, maybe your next stop will work out wether that’s D1 or NAIA, best of luck to you. But you seem to lack respect & character. Your knowledge of football in general also seems to be lacking. You didn’t seem to like that I called you out on the nonsense you posted or that I called you bud. You responded to it multiple times and to multiple other people, clearly it hurt you. So maybe if you didn’t like it Perkins or his family and friends don’t like you getting online basically saying he sucks, give up on his dreams, go get a crap degree from Morehead and never have dreams or aspirations again. Way to go BUD, you’re a real winner in life. Also FYI I’m not an Ironton fan, alum, supporter whatever, I’m quite the opposite.
Why should he or me or anyone care who likes our opinions including the family or the kid? And? Lmao

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:17 am

Why should he or me or anyone care who likes our opinions including the family or the kid? And? Lmao
I certainly couldn't care less what anyone thinks of my opinion. I've seen hs football in Texas, Alabama, Louisiana and Georgia. It doesn't take a genius to see the difference in level and speed of play.

We do these kids a disservice by blowing smoke, or maybe some in the area really believe these young men are P5 athletes. Many of these local players out athlete the non athlete and start believing the noise.

Why doesn't the area push education as strong as they push athletics? Stop coddling and treating young men as though they are fragile. Setting kids up for success is far more important than setting them up for colossal failure.

Some could use a class or two in Leadership.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:03 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:01 pm

Rand WV = smaller than Ironton = produced Randy Moss an NFL hall of famer and Jason Williams an NBA LEGEND.

Producing a couple kids who got d1 offers isn't special.

George Washington produced Ryan Switzer. He played in the NFL. Right across town at South Charleston was Aaron Dobson. Him and Mr. MOSS both caught TD passes from Tom Brady. South Charleston also has Pittman in Tampa with the Bucaneers currently. I don't wanna hear about how two d1 offers and never playing is special. Lmao. It's an also ran. You is or you ain't.

Seo ain't and never was and never will be.
It’s very special to do so, especially in smaller communities. Kirtland has never done it, and the MAC schools rarely produce D1 talent.

Minster’s Wolfe is probably the most successful MAC talent given he played at UT and in the NFL; two of his cousins played at Waverly and received smaller D1 school scholarships. But despite all of the MAC’s success, they rarely produce a D1 kid.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

FIDO wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:21 am

I certainly couldn't care less what anyone thinks of my opinion. I've seen hs football in Texas, Alabama, Louisiana and Georgia. It doesn't take a genius to see the difference in level and speed of play.

We do these kids a disservice by blowing smoke, or maybe some in the area really believe these young men are P5 athletes. Many of these local players out athlete the non athlete and start believing the noise.

Why doesn't the area push education as strong as they push athletics? Stop coddling and treating young men as though they are fragile. Setting kids up for success is far more important than setting them up for colossal failure.

Ohio football overall is quite good.

Texas is in a class by itself. Florida and California are next, probably followed by Georgia. These are the most elite states. As for Ohio, my guess is that it’s somewhere between 5-7 along with Bama and Louisiana, making Ohio the best northern school.

So where is this elite talent in Ohio? Mostly in the big catholic schools. Example: St Ed’s this year. SEO doesn’t make the cut simply because it is not a highly populated area. Few small schools from low populated areas in the entire country produce D1 talent consistently. Simple statistics.

Jumper45
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumper45 »

Unless youve played in college at any level you have no idea what is involved and what is expected expected of you as a player. Ones that have never played think they have all the answers. Its a lot of dedication and hard work to play at any level and unless you have keep your trap shut. Just saying.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

I don’t want the crap of these kids are “too slow” and all that hoopla. It’s not like they’re completely unknown. They are rated by scouts and clearly if schools are sending scouts to watch them that holds some bearing. Yes Ironton plays some lackluster competition but Reid and Ty had went to camps and proved it there thus got rated to where the scouts believed could be their potential. In the case for Reid it was going to a blue blood national title contender. They get pick of the liter at every single position he was going to have to BATTLE to get on the field. As for Perkins the head coach that recruited ran out of dodge to another team. Who’s to say that fickell may have used him hard to tell.

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:02 am

I don’t care about the lie, it may or may not be true that he went to UC and can’t play at that level. But with that said why is a grown man on here literally bashing a 19 year old kid who probably had his D1 football aspirations crushed? I just think it’s silly to get in here and say don’t believe in false promises and stop pretending you have a chance. Kid is 19, will likely be more successful than that asshat Fido in life.

Please go ahead and go into details since you have all the details about the coaching change not effecting anything or how it wasn't a full scholarship.

I am not from Ironton. I do not give a darn about their D1 talent. I am from Lucasville and I have been around Ty a very long time. I am glad you were so smart to leave the area yet spend your time talking about the football back here when you have seen how great it is elsewhere. I hope you are gracing the fans there with "ur" knowledge on how they play in those places.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

FIDO wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:21 am

One of the biggest obstacles talking to folks in seo is, they can't conceive anyone or anything is different than seo. They generally believe they represent a majority in anything when they are almost ALWAYS behind or in left field. Almost always.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:34 am I don’t want the crap of these kids are “too slow” and all that hoopla. It’s not like they’re completely unknown. They are rated by scouts and clearly if schools are sending scouts to watch them that holds some bearing. Yes Ironton plays some lackluster competition but Reid and Ty had went to camps and proved it there thus got rated to where the scouts believed could be their potential. In the case for Reid it was going to a blue blood national title contender. They get pick of the liter at every single position he was going to have to BATTLE to get on the field. As for Perkins the head coach that recruited ran out of dodge to another team. Who’s to say that fickell may have used him hard to tell.
Sometimes facts are just facts my man.

Seo kids are undersized
Not athletic
And mostly not as ambitious or aggressive compared to Miami kids and Dallas kids and Houston kids who per man are bigger, faster, stronger, more physically dynamic in EVERY WAY. And the seo kids also come from much easier circumstance in comparison as far as lifestyle. And the seo kids are not used to having a lot of athletes to compete against. It's just facts.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:34 am I don’t want the crap of these kids are “too slow” and all that hoopla. It’s not like they’re completely unknown. They are rated by scouts and clearly if schools are sending scouts to watch them that holds some bearing. Yes Ironton plays some lackluster competition but Reid and Ty had went to camps and proved it there thus got rated to where the scouts believed could be their potential. In the case for Reid it was going to a blue blood national title contender. They get pick of the liter at every single position he was going to have to BATTLE to get on the field. As for Perkins the head coach that recruited ran out of dodge to another team. Who’s to say that fickell may have used him hard to tell.
You remember those wild video game style runs Shawn Terry for Ironton had vs Fairland and Jackson? It happened cause he was doing it against slow undersized rural white kids. D5 prep shut him down.

You really think he's doing that against a kid like Denzel Burke? Lmao

No he's not. And for the same reason why Carrico got jumped by CJ Hicks on the LB depth chart at Ohio State as soon as CJ walked in the door. The seo kids are not athletes. They're just kids who like to play football. There's a big difference.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:43 pm
You remember those wild video game style runs Shawn Terry for Ironton had vs Fairland and Jackson? It happened cause he was doing it against slow undersized rural white kids. D5 prep shut him down.

No he's not. And for the same reason why Carrico got jumped by CJ Hicks on the LB depth chart at Ohio State as soon as CJ walked in the door. The seo kids are not athletes. They're just kids who like to play football. There's a big difference.
Vast majority would be better suited for fishing or golf or baseball if were honest.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:43 pm

Carrico for example will never nor could ever be Ryan Shazier or Raekwon McMillian. The LB position in 2023 at the blue blood p5 level isn't asking for any Andy katzemoyers. That's too slow now. Not enough lateral speed. Not enough speed and range all together. CJ Hicks for example or Sonny Styles type is what they are looking for now.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

For the exact same reason he cared enough to respond, the exact same reason you cared to respond. You have a fragile ego like him, who need to bust a nut by trashing the younger generation of kids because you never made it out of pop Warner ball. I’ve read all of your posts, you seem to think you’re a recruiter, scout or coach…in all reality you’re just another lame dude posting stuff on the internet with not a single athletic fiber in your body.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:56 pm

For the exact same reason he cared enough to respond, the exact same reason you cared to respond. You have a fragile ego like him, who need to bust a nut by trashing the younger generation of kids because you never made it out of pop Warner ball. I’ve read all of your posts, you seem to think you’re a recruiter, scout or coach…in all reality you’re just another lame dude posting stuff on the internet with not a single athletic fiber in your body.
Citations needed.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:39 pm
Sometimes facts are just facts my man.

Seo kids are undersized
Not athletic
And mostly not as ambitious or aggressive compared to Miami kids and Dallas kids and Houston kids who per man are bigger, faster, stronger, more physically dynamic in EVERY WAY. And the seo kids also come from much easier circumstance in comparison as far as lifestyle. And the seo kids are not used to having a lot of athletes to compete against. It's just facts.
Not going deny how other kids train/play in other states. However there are statistical outliers. You named Randy Moss and Jason Williams. I can almost guarantee there will never be two people like that to come from a small hole in the wall town in WV EVER again. Am I saying Carrico and Perkins are no. But they are the outlier in SEO. Look at Burrow he was an outlier to an area that had NEVER had a starting CFB quarterback of his caliber and he won the HEISMAN. It is all a numbers game and being in the right place at the right time.

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion

Return to “Football”