November 10, 2023 Barnesville 13 - 36 Wheelersburg

Footballfan96
Waterboy

Re: RD 3-DV Region 19 -#7 Wheelersburg vs. # 3 Barnesville

Post by Footballfan96 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:45 pm Just announced game is being played at Hamilton Township. Great stadium. Burg played there in 2013beating Martins Ferry 45-0.
The only down fall to Hamilton Twp. Is the track around the field I felt like we were too far from the field and the away bleachers aka Burg side sat really low other then that top notch perfect pick

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Footballfan96 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:39 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:45 pm Just announced game is being played at Hamilton Township. Great stadium. Burg played there in 2013beating Martins Ferry 45-0.
The only down fall to Hamilton Twp. Is the track around the field I felt like we were too far from the field and the away bleachers aka Burg side sat really low other then that top notch perfect pick
Lot of these schools have the track around them. Nelsonville does and it feels like you are a mile away. The only difference is Hamilton township is way easier to get to by both schools.

Footballfan96
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan96 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:49 pm
Footballfan96 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:39 am
Lot of these schools have the track around them. Nelsonville does and it feels like you are a mile away. The only difference is Hamilton township is way easier to get to by both schools.
I agree easy access plenty of places to make a day of it if your able to get away early for the day Ohsaa did good on this one

Footballfan96
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan96 »

Barnesville has improved this year, but I think the Burg has too many horses in the stable just like last year. To many fresh legs roster size matter at this stage It’s a numbers game I think the burg will wear them out early in this game burgs defense has been lights out in the playoffs. The biggest weakness is at the offensive coordinators they do a so so job, making sound decisions which could cost burg the game.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Burg is unproven so far. Lost to Ironton, Jackson and Prep ( 3 best teams on their schedule) dating back to last season when they lost to Ironton, Jackson, West and Prep. They've looked better the last couple weeks BUT their sos has been a lot softer past cpl weeks.

And Barnesville probably got their best win this past Friday and have a soft schedule.

Could be close. But I got Burg by 14

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:46 pm Burg is unproven so far. Lost to Ironton, Jackson and Prep ( 3 best teams on their schedule) dating back to last season when they lost to Ironton, Jackson, West and Prep. They've looked better the last couple weeks BUT their sos has been a lot softer past cpl weeks.

And Barnesville probably got their best win this past Friday and have a soft schedule.

That’s fair. Definitely toughest Burg opponent since HP. Will be interesting to see how the O performs with this step up in competition.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Both Ironton and Burg advance to the regional finals. Both are deserving of all accolades and they are where the players worked their asses off to be. Cream rises and it'll be another great final between the 2 best teams in the region.

That's that and I'm done. Lol

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

FIDO wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:08 pm Both Ironton and Burg advance to the regional finals. Both are deserving of all accolades and they are where the players worked their asses off to be. Cream rises and it'll be another great final between the 2 best teams in the region.

Poised to be WW3 up in here if it happens. 🤣

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

That reminds me, some quick info for first-time visitors to Hamilton Township HS - I'm assuming Wheelersburg fans will coming up US 23.

ADDRESS- 1105 Rathmell Rd, Columbus OH 43207 (next to intersection of Rathmell & Lockbourne Rds)

EARLY DINNER - before you hit the 22/56 exit, the Circleville Plaza on US 23. Both sides of the street near Walmart. Roosters and BW3 to get your wings on, plus several fast food spots on both sides.

SPEED - once you pass Circleville, watch the speed limit entering the village of South Bloomfield. Will drop to 50 mph on outskirts, and down to 35 mph thru the village. You'll see a Bob Evans on the left as you enter, and more fast food

TRAFFIC - expect a LOT more truck traffic as you pass SR 762. Be patient, it'll be like that all the way to Rathmell Rd.

MORE DINNER - after you enter Franklin County and pass SR 317/665, you'll see the old Scioto Downs on the right with the new Eldorado racino. Inside, Brew Brothers restaurant has good food and brews. Also a Hampton Inn if you want a place to crash afterward.

DESTINATION - From Eldorado, go 2 miles and turn right at Rathmell Rd (ancient one-room schoolhouse on the corner). Drive 1.7 miles to the high school. You'll go thru two traffic lights, go past the district admin bldg, past the Methodist church, and the parking lot and stadium will be on the right.

PARKING AND STADIUM INFO - parking will be $5. The church next door will also offer parking for $5 per vehicle. Two concessions in the stadium, one on each side. Restrooms are in the tan cinderblock building next to home bleachers (tennis court side).

OTHER FOOD - keep going north on 23 past Rathmell Rd - a half-mile north of I-270 is a shopping center with more opportunities. On the left: one of the Ponderosa's left, a popular Cajun place called Way Down Yonder next to Arby's, and Eastern Wok fast Chinese in corner of shopping center, plus the usual suspects (McD's, etc). On the right is a Chinese buffet, Los Mariachis restaurant, and a Chipotle.
Last edited by Zunardo on Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:58 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:46 pm Burg is unproven so far. Lost to Ironton, Jackson and Prep ( 3 best teams on their schedule) dating back to last season when they lost to Ironton, Jackson, West and Prep. They've looked better the last couple weeks BUT their sos has been a lot softer past cpl weeks.

That’s fair. Definitely toughest Burg opponent since HP. Will be interesting to see how the O performs with this step up in competition.
Take nothing away from Burg. Trending the right way at the right time. So here is one Friday night they by all accounts are suppose to win. Burg has more talent and depth. It will come down to execution. I think burg gets it done.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Just like last week however, despite being the lower seed this week, I THINK the pressure is on burg Fri night. I think the expectation is greater.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:52 pm

Take nothing away from Burg. Trending the right way at the right time. So here is one Friday night they by all accounts are suppose to win. Burg has more talent and depth. It will come down to execution. I think burg gets it done.
Really depends on the O and play calling for Burg. Like how they’ve integrated the QB into the run game and hope they don’t move away from that.

Burg has the depth advantage and needs to use the run game to wear down Barnesville. If they do that, they win. If they get crazy with the spread, all bets are off. Anything could happen.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:28 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:52 pm

Really depends on the O and play calling for Burg. Like how they’ve integrated the QB into the run game and hope they don’t move away from that.

Burg has the depth advantage and needs to use the run game to wear down Barnesville. If they do that, they win. If they get crazy with the spread, all bets are off. Anything could happen.
I agree. If they can be patient on the sideline and run it Barnesville will be gassed and the rest is history.

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:33 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:24 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:47 pm

Interesting, I’ve watched every Burg game and not had that thought once about Risner. Heck of a player for sure not denying that. Just hadn’t thought of him as one to the Best in school history

I guess I needed to put a JMO because that's just what it is, my opinion. Your opinion is different. That is fine.

I think he has been playing lights out these last 5-6 weeks and has disrupted a lot of plays in the backfield and forced the QB to throw early or get the sack. Hell, at least 4-5 times last night he almost took the handoff on the play.
He's very good, but going back even just the last 15 or so years I would still have guys like Alex Prater, JT Conley, Nick Kemper, all 3 Parsley Brothers ahead of him.
out of curiosity, of the three Parsley boys, who would you choose if you had to pick one?

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:15 pm
FIDO wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:08 pm Both Ironton and Burg advance to the regional finals. Both are deserving of all accolades and they are where the players worked their asses off to be. Cream rises and it'll be another great final between the 2 best teams in the region.

Poised to be WW3 up in here if it happens. 🤣
Banking on that too!!!! :D

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Link for Friday nights game on YouTube…haven’t seen any indication yet that Burg Sports Network will be there

https://www.youtube.com/live/ZN2MUXl1yp ... _bJ5U2K4XN

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

SPelf wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:10 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:24 pm

I guess I needed to put a JMO because that's just what it is, my opinion. Your opinion is different. That is fine.

I think he has been playing lights out these last 5-6 weeks and has disrupted a lot of plays in the backfield and forced the QB to throw early or get the sack. Hell, at least 4-5 times last night he almost took the handoff on the play.
He's very good, but going back even just the last 15 or so years I would still have guys like Alex Prater, JT Conley, Nick Kemper, all 3 Parsley Brothers ahead of him.
out of curiosity, of the three Parsley boys, who would you choose if you had to pick one?
Cam

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg just needs to keep playing the way they have been playing since the Harvest Prep game. Sure, the competition hasn't been the greatest but Burg still shut down offenses that were putting up big numbers until they played Burg so Burg's defense has stepped up its game. I believe they held Hurd from Waverly to 11 yards rushing and held Heiland from Portsmouth to 37 yards. That's pretty incredible. They will have the same challenge this Friday as Barnesville has a back that has rushed for close to 1200 yards. Burg's LB's along with Cody Risner have been playing lights out these last few weeks and if they continue teams will have trouble running the ball.

I look for a sellout crowd and a great atmosphere this Friday. Weather looks to be low to mid 40's by kickoff. Perfect Friday night football weather.

WE ARE THE BURG!!!!!!!
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:27 am

Cam

I would have to say Nic. He was a huge part in bringing home the gold ball to Burg on that 2017 team. I remember one play in the state title game where Eastwood's RB got loose around the left end and Nic came from his RDE spot and ran him down from behind to make the tackle. He was a beast.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:37 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:27 am

Cam

I would have to say Nic. He was a huge part in bringing home the gold ball to Burg on that 2017 team. I remember one play in the state title game where Eastwood's RB got loose around the left end and Nic came from his RDE spot and ran him down from behind to make the tackle. He was a beast.
Nic and Bryson keeney both came up big in the state title game.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”