LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post season interview with Peyton May from Landmark Christian

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Peyton May

School Landmark Christian

Class 2024

Positions Played Free Safety, Wide receiver

You lost most of this season due to an injury. Can you let the readers know when you were injured, along with the injury?

I lost the majority of my senior year due to multiple injuries which I have recovered from now. Midway through my season, I had a UCL tear in my left arm that I battled through for the remainder of my season. About week 7 I had some LCL issues that I am recovering from now. I should have about 2 more weeks left then I’m 100%.

When you finally get back on the field do you think you will go through a nervous phase or will you be able to jump back in and go 100%?

I will definitely be nervous, but you play your best when you have adrenaline.

During your time away from the game, what were you able to learn about yourself as far as being an athlete goes?

My time away from the game has brought a lot of troubling moments. I love football, it’s what I am passionate about. I’ve learned not to give up. I’ve learned that because of my family around me. Telling me “It’s not over”. “ Keep working” Family is everything.

You had a very successful season last year, with the highest being nine interceptions. Do you believe your 2022 season got you an invite to the Gatlinburg All-American Bowl?

I do personally think my Junior season makes up for the games that I had missed from my senior year, but I wouldn’t necessarily say my stats from my junior year got me the invite.

What does it mean to you to have received the invitation after missing the 2023 season? Congrats, by the way.

Oh, it means everything. From the moment I started catching injuries, I felt my plan was over. It is an amazing opportunity and a tremendous “pick me up” for sure. I am more than stoked to be part of this event.

In our first interview, you mentioned that before playing for Landmark Christian, you had previously played for an OHSAA school. Could you tell us about that school?

I still currently am a student at Fairfield High School. It is a fun environment to be around. Tons of excitement and a great atmosphere., but the football there just wasn’t quite what I needed. I’m very glad I made the change my junior year to play for such an amazing team these last two seasons.

Keeping with the theme of the two schools you have played for, could you give the readers some insight into the difference when it comes to those teams?

Of course! At Landmark Christian, we are a Christian-centered group. We play for a higher power which in my and my team’s personal beliefs, is the most important. We play a lot harder considering the numbers we have on the squad are far less than what I had at Fairfield. At a school like Fairfield, it is way harder to get recognized especially with such a big program. At Landmark, we actually take time to develop younger guys to become better players for their future years.

In speaking with you via our interview, you mentioned you had some colleges interested in you. Have those schools continued to recruit you? Would you name one or two of the schools that are recruiting you?

Yes, they have. I am currently still in contact with IWU, Anderson, Ohio Dominican, and Georgetown.

What is the best and most challenging part of playing for Coach Goodpastor?

The best part I would have to say is his knowledge of the game. He knows football like the back of his own hand, and implementing that into our team is what we have best. The toughest about playing for him is, the expectations he had set for each of us. Which is something every coach should have for their players.

What has been your favorite and least favorite memory as far as playing sports goes?

My favorite memories as far as sports go, I would have to say just watching me and my teammates progress. Making a family out of sports is something nobody would ever understand unless you are involved in sports. My least favorite is injury. Injuries absolutely kill your emotions, your confidence, and your drive, Everything is worse with injuries.

What was the last book you read along with the author?

We just finished a book called “ The Things They Carried” By Tim O’Brien.

What is one food you enjoy that most others do not?

A food I enjoy eating that others might not have would have to be any kind of spicy food. Which honestly most people like to an extent.

Who are your favorite pro and college football teams?

My favorite pro football growing up was The Seattle Seahawks. I don’t typically follow college football too much, but Going with the home town bearcats I do enjoy watching.

Return to “Football”