RBH23
SE

Re: September 29, 2023 Oak Hill - Wheelersburg

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:39 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:37 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:22 pm

9-6 is owning a series ? 😂

So what you want to say is Wheelersburg is superior both in and out of the classroom and should dominate everyone in southern Ohio. Should basically never lose a game to a local team . Ok got it.

I don’t care what offense you run , the players on Burgs roster don’t scare anyone , definitely not Jackson.

You do realize Jackson is a big school with a good football tradition. They have good teams from peewee on up to varsity. Jackson always puts out some good football talent year in and year out. You will not beat Jackson every single game forever. Wheelersburg scares nobody , not the staff or the schemes , the talent isn’t superior to anyone.

Get over yourself and your superior mentality. Good luck going forward , I hope you find some peace. 4 loss seasons really seem to affect your happiness. God forbid you lose to West or Waverly. ✌🏼
Wow, you went over the cliff on this one. Sorry I hurt your feelings. But I never said Burg should win every game. What on earth are you talking about? Also, what does classroom have to do with this discussion? And if any team was scared of another, those kids should not be playing football. That’s a silly comment, and anyone who has played knows that.

I am just pointing out the numbers. Burg had an 11-6 edge at one point and was clearly the better program. Since, the results have changed. That’s not my opinion; those are the numbers!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Burg lost one of those games. Sadly, this is where the program is.
The way to beat Jackson is through the air. Please please please try and run on Jackson, you’ll get stuffed like a turkey.
Those Burg teams that racked up the 11-6 win advantage against Jackson were nearly all running teams.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:50 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:37 pm

Wow, you went over the cliff on this one. Sorry I hurt your feelings. But I never said Burg should win every game. What on earth are you talking about? Also, what does classroom have to do with this discussion? And if any team was scared of another, those kids should not be playing football. That’s a silly comment, and anyone who has played knows that.

I am just pointing out the numbers. Burg had an 11-6 edge at one point and was clearly the better program. Since, the results have changed. That’s not my opinion; those are the numbers!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Burg lost one of those games. Sadly, this is where the program is.
The way to beat Jackson is through the air. Please please please try and run on Jackson, you’ll get stuffed like a turkey.
Those Burg teams that racked up the 11-6 win advantage against Jackson were nearly all running teams.
That was also 35 years ago . Good luck with that.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:56 pm

Good point. It’s unheard of for running teams to have success in today’s game. Only Marion Local, Coldwater, Kirtland, Bishop Hartley, Hilliard Davidson, Clinton Massie… could have such success 🤦‍♂️

You act like Jackson’s D is the 1985 Bears. LOL!!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:14 pm

Good point. It’s unheard of for running teams to have success in today’s game. Only Marion Local, Coldwater, Kirtland, Bishop Hartley, Hilliard Davidson, Clinton Massie… could have such success 🤦‍♂️

Nope , but Burg isn’t gonna do it . Good luck 🍀

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:23 pm

As long as Burg runs the silly spread they won’t be successful running the ball. Sad that beating Jackson has become a challenge. We never took them serious back in the day. Always a big team getting off the bus but not very disciplined on the field. Kudos to Hall for bringing what he learned at Burg to Jackson. They needed it.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I'm glad someone gave kudos to Larry Hall. He never lost an SOC game while head coach at Burg. Great defensive minded coach. That's why the Burg has trouble beating Jackson. They run the same misdirection plays that Burg ran so well during Larry's tenure. His son Andy learned from a good one. Burg will get it figured out. People count them out but come playoff time they always show up. I believe if they see Ironton or Harvest Prep again it will be a different story. Not in a bad way either. Lots of good teams in D5-19. Whoever wins it will have a hard road ahead of them.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:28 pm

As long as Burg runs the silly spread they won’t be successful running the ball. Sad that beating Jackson has become a challenge. We never took them serious back in the day. Always a big team getting off the bus but not very disciplined on the field. Kudos to Hall for bringing what he learned at Burg to Jackson. They needed it.
Idk. Maybe Burg is more what they are now in entirety and less than what they were for a really above average 5 year or so stretch? They have only made it out of their region like 3 times in like 2 and half decades. As a whole who they are now is closer to average burg as opposed to what they were for a short stretch. Ironton trending down for a few years while Burg was trending above average for a few years probably accentuated the perception of Burg football quite a bit locally as well. Numbers don't lie though. Burg has only won their region 3 times in the last 2 and half decades. So they have only played beyond the region 3 times in over the last twenty five years or so. That's not prestigious. That's a program who had a few years where they played above their limits.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:49 pm I'm glad someone gave kudos to Larry Hall. He never lost an SOC game while head coach at Burg. Great defensive minded coach. That's why the Burg has trouble beating Jackson. They run the same misdirection plays that Burg ran so well during Larry's tenure. His son Andy learned from a good one. Burg will get it figured out. People count them out but come playoff time they always show up. I believe if they see Ironton or Harvest Prep again it will be a different story. Not in a bad way either. Lots of good teams in D5-19. Whoever wins it will have a hard road ahead of them.
He was a great coach at Burg, fantastic defensive mind. Also a great person. When Andy lived in Burg before taking the Jackson job, he lived next to my grandparents. In the winter, when Mr Hall visited Andy, he would go to my grandparents house and shovel snow off their driveway. After Andy moved, Mr Hall would still go to my grandparent’s house and shovel snow for them.

Mr Hall could be a tough teacher and a tough coach, but he is a great man.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Sounds like you need some Coach Hall now 😂
Soft

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:52 pm

Soft
Coach Hall would agree with me! Did you see the O he ran at Burg? 🤦‍♂️

Obviously you do not know your coaches.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:19 pm

Soft

But you ain’t got the 🐎

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:24 pm

Soft

But you ain’t got the 🐎
Plenty of kids that can run the ball. The talent on this team is typical Burg talent.

Problem transitioning from the spread is that these kids have grown up in that system. Would take time to move that direction.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:42 pm

But you ain’t got the 🐎
Plenty of kids that can run the ball. The talent on this team is typical Burg talent.

Problem transitioning from the spread is that these kids have grown up in that system. Would take time to move that direction.
Now Ironton can with Terry and company but Wheelersburg don’t have that .

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:44 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:42 pm

But you ain’t got the 🐎

Now Ironton can with Terry and company but Wheelersburg don’t have that .
Terry is a receiver. 🤦‍♂️

And no other small school in Ohio has a “Terry.” Maybe Kirtland, ML, and Clinton Massie should quit running the ball as well since they don’t produce D1 backs.

Return to “Football”