Was Reid really that good?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Re: Was Reid really that good?

Post by artisgilmore »

Possibly similar to the Burrow situation? Please come to Marshall. 8-)

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

BigSpoon wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:39 am Best athlete ive seen at ironton that played (both) sides of the ball. He was a stud. There is always bigger stronger and faster at the next level. I think they were planning on him getting bigger stronger and faster and it doesn’t look like hes gained much muscle. I was hoping to see him get playing time this year. Esp when they are up big.
He plays and plays well on special teams every week. But as for linebacker they Only play 2 linebackers at a time. And they almost never substitute.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Should have won Mr. Ohio IMO
PointerHornet89 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:51 am Multiple D-1 offers, runner up for Ohio’s Mr. Football award, played in 2 state championship games. Hmmmm….., yea he was that good.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CrackBack46 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:21 pm Should have won Mr. Ohio IMO
PointerHornet89 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:51 am Multiple D-1 offers, runner up for Ohio’s Mr. Football award, played in 2 state championship games. Hmmmm….., yea he was that good.
I agree. He was impactful on both sides of the ball. Kiner was not. Although, Kiner might play in NFL.

In high school, I thought Reid was a better offensive player than defensive.

PointerHornet89
Waterboy

Post by PointerHornet89 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:49 pm
CrackBack46 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:21 pm Should have won Mr. Ohio IMO
I agree. He was impactful on both sides of the ball. Kiner was not. Although, Kiner might play in NFL.

In high school, I thought Reid was a better offensive player than defensive.
I agree also, I think he should have won it

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Pretty sad this thread is even a thing. Any student athlete that gets a shot at playing at the next level, must have been good enough in the eyes of the coaches that recruited them to play. Yeah, he’s not in the starting defensive lineup. The current system isn’t designed for 3 linebackers.
But, he is going to a great school, on the team doing whatever they need him to do, all the while getting an education. Which is the most important part of the whole situation.

There are a lot of athletes out there who only dream of what he’s been able to accomplish so far. We, as fans and most of us Adults on this forum, should be happy for him.
Rant over

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:57 am Possibly similar to the Burrow situation? Please come to Marshall. 8-)
PLEASE!! he’s a stud and the guy started this thread is an idiot that never played football!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I watch several Ironton games while Reid played, and I thought he was the best LB I have watched. He was better than the Carpenter boy from Lancaster. I never watched a LB that could get to the outside faster. It blew my mind how fast he could get the running back on a swing pass. If the NFL comes to OSU practice some team will get him. The right system will have him on TV on Sundays.
Last edited by noreply66 on Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Probably just the wrong system. Love to see him at the Bearcats

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:51 pm I watch several Ironton games while Reed played, and I thought he was the best LB I have watched. He was better than the Carpenter boy from Lancaster. I never watched a LB that could get to the outside faster. It blew my mind how fast he could get the running back on a swing pass. If the NFL comes to OSU practice some team will get him. The right system will have him on TV on Sundays.
Who is Reed??????

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Pretty much one man’s opinion why Reid is not getting any playing time.As you’ve seen,the no.1 pick in the draft.Had to transfer to get to play.Talk about evaluating players.Geesh :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bird Dog wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:47 am
noreply66 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:51 pm I watch several Ironton games while Reid played, and I thought he was the best LB I have watched. He was better than the Carpenter boy from Lancaster. I never watched a LB that could get to the outside faster. It blew my mind how fast he could get the running back on a swing pass. If the NFL comes to OSU practice some team will get him. The right system will have him on TV on Sundays.
Who is Reed??????
I see we have another spelling teacher with us today. Why the ? marks you knew who I was talking about.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:10 am Pretty much one man’s opinion why Reid is not getting any playing time.As you’ve seen,the no.1 pick in the draft.Had to transfer to get to play.Talk about evaluating players.Geesh :roll:
BINGO.

Footballfan96
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan96 »

Ironton is notorious for padding people’s stats over the year I personally have seen in play numerous times in high school he’s way under sized to play at that level and the game is so much faster non of pendletons recruits have ever made much of any impact at the college level just more if he wanted to play at Ohio state change positions look at all the players who stepped up for the team like stover and chambers

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Footballfan96 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:22 pm Ironton is notorious for padding people’s stats over the year I personally have seen in play numerous times in high school he’s way under sized to play at that level and the game is so much faster non of pendletons recruits have ever made much of any impact at the college level just more if he wanted to play at Ohio state change positions look at all the players who stepped up for the team like stover and chambers
He's just about the exact same size as all of the other linebackers.

BigBelliedBob
Waterboy

Post by BigBelliedBob »

Yes, Reid was a great player at Ironton but, again, compare the quality of teams he (Ironton) played. Go ahead and quote the playoff games and State Championships. That was a mere fraction of the total games played during his career. I’m not taking anything away from him, he EARNED a full ride to Ohio State. While he doesn’t get the time on the field that most Ironton fans think he should, the kid has to be commended for not having a bad attitude and bolting just because of his position on the depth chart.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Footballfan96 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:22 pm Ironton is notorious for padding people’s stats over the year I personally have seen in play numerous times in high school he’s way under sized to play at that level and the game is so much faster non of pendletons recruits have ever made much of any impact at the college level just more if he wanted to play at Ohio state change positions look at all the players who stepped up for the team like stover and chambers
Don’t know about last year’s lb recruits.Thought he was the fastest of the group.

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Clown post… I have never seen an area hate on their own more than Southern Ohio.
It is so sad to see how people want to bash anyone from this area for chasing their dreams. College football is hard. It’s hard to get chances it’s hard to get scholarships. College programs aren’t just handing out scholarships to guys who can’t play football. Would love to see people support others for chasing their dreams and root for their success.

SmallTown
Waterboy

Post by SmallTown »

Hardwork got him this far, but hardwork doesn't trump genetics. In the state championship game his SR year he was the 3rd or 4th best player on the field. Kirtland made him look good, not great.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

This thread need’s deleted

Return to “Football”