September 15, 2023 South Point 8 - 42 Ironton

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Re: September 15, 2023 South Point - Ironton

Post by GoBigI »

After watching Ironton practice today, I realize they are NOT going to try anyone else at the center position so they will live and die by the bad snap/bad blocking combination. You can’t tell me there aren’t better options at center on the sidelines, even if it happens to be a freshman. Swallow the ego and find a center! Your QB deserves that much!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:04 am
Mr Shifty wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:58 am The Pointers should be facing a different team this week than what they scouted. Should be some changes in who plays where. If not, Tigers won’t see the Regional Finals. They’ll be shooting hoops.

As far as Terry, Roach and Patterson, i’m fairly confident you’ll see The Tigers this Friday without them in the game. see how it’ll work out for you then
Why wouldn't they play?
I assume he means that Ironton will be so far ahead of South Point, we’ll get to see how Ironton fares without those three players on the field once garbage time rolls around. Could be wrong, but that’s how I took it.*

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

GoBigI wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:24 pm After watching Ironton practice today, I realize they are NOT going to try anyone else at the center position so they will live and die by the bad snap/bad blocking combination. You can’t tell me there aren’t better options at center on the sidelines, even if it happens to be a freshman. Swallow the ego and find a center! Your QB deserves that much!
Bad bad bad. Offensive line is already not good & the center issues just make things more difficult. It is unlikely to cost them a loss in conference play because the competition in conference is so sub par, but it'll cost em in the post season as soon as they come across a good team. Per as usual.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:23 pm
GoBigI wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:24 pm After watching Ironton practice today, I realize they are NOT going to try anyone else at the center position so they will live and die by the bad snap/bad blocking combination. You can’t tell me there aren’t better options at center on the sidelines, even if it happens to be a freshman. Swallow the ego and find a center! Your QB deserves that much!
Bad bad bad. Offensive line is already not good & the center issues just make things more difficult. It is unlikely to cost them a loss in conference play because the competition in conference is so sub par, but it'll cost em in the post season as soon as they come across a good team. Per as usual.
I guess I can forget about em developing an ability to sustain offensive drives too because now they gotta live & die by the big play for two reasons.

1. Having the ball for an extended drive increases likelihood the Offensive line issues result in drive killing mistakes and turnovers.

2. Vs the "SLO -VC" the potential for big play scores are ABUNDANT because the "SLOW - VC" doesn't really have the talent or depth to challenge Ironton. So theres never gonna be much opportunity or necessity to sustain long drives the rest of the way.

Unfortunate. Watching the same ol trends repeat.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:53 pm
Mr Shifty wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:58 am The Pointers should be facing a different team this week than what they scouted. Should be some changes in who plays where. If not, Tigers won’t see the Regional Finals. They’ll be shooting hoops.

As far as Terry, Roach and Patterson, i’m fairly confident you’ll see The Tigers this Friday without them in the game. see how it’ll work out for you then
Why wouldn't they play?
I assume he means that Ironton will be so far ahead of South Point, we’ll get to see how Ironton fares without those three players on the field once garbage time rolls around. Could be wrong, but that’s how I took it.*
Idk he said "without them in the game" so I took that as not playing because he said then we will see how the Tigers do but if the starters are already done for the night, that means its a blowout so the Tigers would be doing just fine. 🤷‍♂️🤣

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

How are they at the reg season halfway mark and dont have a solid anchor for the o line? Smh. Couldnt get anybody ready thru the first 4 [ the quality portion of schedule) so now I guess the plan is vs inferior comp itll look better until playoffs and we get exposed again up front. Smh.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

wethemdawgs wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:28 pm We coming to play. Not saying we will win but we will compete. Imagine the game if Terry, Roach and Patterson were still pointers
South Points irrelevant in this equation tbh lol. Ironton couldnt lose to SP if they tried to. SP is just there man. Go enjoy the experience. LOL Last time ya have to take it that raw. 🤣

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

I might be mistaken but I thought the snaps vs CM was good? The fumbles came when the QB scrambled. Ironton was down a lineman vs CM due to injury and has played 4 different centers this year already. Gossett the D1 lineman was the center vs CM and he played center last year. Having played 4 centers already might be a QB issue not a center

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

:roll:
Last edited by FIDO on Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Might be a little more competitive of a game than people think. There will be several starters from Ironton sitting this one out. Ive heard a couple freshman linemen will be getting their first varsity start.

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

Why wouldn't they play?
oh! they’ll play for sure but what I meant was when they go to a running clock they’ll take them out and let others in. it won’t help SP

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:53 pm

Why wouldn't they play?
Exactly!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mr Shifty wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:01 pm

Why wouldn't they play?
oh! they’ll play for sure but what I meant was when they go to a running clock they’ll take them out and let others in. it won’t help SP
I figured so but wasnt sure.

Goatreturns
Waterboy

Post by Goatreturns »

Ironton wins!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Bfan99 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:31 am
I might be mistaken but I thought the snaps vs CM was good? The fumbles came when the QB scrambled. Ironton was down a lineman vs CM due to injury and has played 4 different centers this year already. Gossett the D1 lineman was the center vs CM and he played center last year. Having played 4 centers already might be a QB issue not a center
There were high snaps. Low snaps. Timing was off. Has been all season.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BigSpoon wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:48 am Might be a little more competitive of a game than people think. There will be several starters from Ironton sitting this one out. Ive heard a couple freshman linemen will be getting their first varsity start.
Once the starters are pulled the competitive part is done Joe. lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Throughout the history of sports substitutes or replacements have stepped in for different reasons and have become the starters after showing they can play better in games than practice. Some are 2nd or third string because they haven't had their chance. 8-)

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

We might get to see the freshman QB take some snaps for Ironton.

Kid is gonna be FUN to watch eventually.

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

IRONTON 70-0

GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, HOOK'EM HORNS, HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Bfan99 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:31 am

When a 6’4” QB has to use his vertical to control most snaps, the problem is the center. The D1 lineman, as you’ve called him, was the center most of the game at Cabell and at practice Tuesday. Practice was as bad or worse than at Cabell. The D1 lineman has not played like a starting offensive lineman at Ironton thus far. The snaps are just the start of his problems and he is not the only one. They need to try some different linemen before Gallia and the playoffs. This line isn’t cutting it and judging by this post and others I’m not the only one who sees it.

Return to “Football”