Ashton Crace 0 0 0 2 73 60 0 0 0

Cody Braden 0 0 0 1 13 13 0 0 0

Totals... 0 0 0 4 100 60 0 0 0

Field goal attempts

----------------------------------------

Kickoffs No. Yds TB OB Avg

---------------------------------------

Lucas Hanes 3 159 1 1 53.0

FUMBLES: Waverly Tigers-None. Unioto Shermans-None.
Those passing numbers 😅 which one was first team all Ohio???

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: September 1, 2023 Unioto 14 - 28 Waverly

Post by smurray »

Wouldn't Jase Hurds TD be a rushing TD from where he received the lateral from Swords???

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Defensive Statistics (Final)

The Automated ScoreBook

Waverly Tigers vs Unioto Shermans (Sep 01, 2023 at Unioto High School)

Waverly Tigers

## Player Solo Ast Tot TFL/Yds FF FR-Yd Intc BrUp Blkd Sack/Yds QH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Quinton Hurd 13 1 13.5 3.0/21 . . . . . 2.0/20 .

28 Mike Delgado 5 2 6.0 . . . . . . . .

2 Dylan Leeth 4 1 4.5 1.0/1 . . 1-0 . . . .

51 Jace Gecowets 3 . 3.0 . . . . . . . .

1 Mason Pollard 3 . 3.0 . . . . . . . .

7 Lane Bear 2 1 2.5 . . . . 1 . . .

6 Carson Peters 2 1 2.5 . . . . 2 . . .

55 Nate Welsh 2 . 2.0 1.0/4 . . . . . . .

88 S Billisano 2 . 2.0 1.0/4 . . . . . . .

84 Kody Swords 2 . 2.0 . . . . . . . .

34 Creed Smith 2 . 2.0 . . . . . . . .

22 Jase Hurd 2 . 2.0 . . . . 1 . . .

19 Trae Perry 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .

8 Gunnar Meyers 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .

10 Hunter Hauck 1 . 1.0 1.0/6 . . . . . . .

52 Jake Schrader . 2 1.0 . . . . . . . .

23 Cade Carroll . . . . . . . 3 . . .

Unioto Shermans

## Player Solo Ast Tot TFL/Yds FF FR-Yd Intc BrUp Blkd Sack/Yds QH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 Ethan Summar 8 . 8.0 . . . . . . . .

10 Davis Long 7 . 7.0 . . . . . . . .

7 Tye Woods 6 . 6.0 . . . . . . . .

21 Alex Mills 5 . 5.0 1.0/1 . . . . . . .

9 J Zimmerman 5 . 5.0 . . . . . . . .

2 KB Perkins 4 . 4.0 . . . . . . . .

55 Marcel James 4 . 4.0 . . . . . . . .

51 Shandon Newell 4 . 4.0 . . . . . . . .

8 Ashton Crace 2 . 2.0 . . . . 1 . . .

13 Cade Cutright 2 . 2.0 1.0/1 . . . 1 . . .

58 Landyn Carruth 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .

57 Bryce Jarvis 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .

20 Cody Braden 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .

28 Chris Orin 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .

53 Will Fleck 1 . 1.0 . . . . . . . .

YouCantBeSerious
Riding the Bench

Post by YouCantBeSerious »

Great game! Both teams played hard and wanted if bad. Unioto came out and had control of the game until the second part of the 2nd quarter. Waverly’s D made a nice stop before half time and then a good play call with 5 seconds left to get a score and tie it up going into half as time expired. It gave Waverly all the momentum and confidence they needed to put it away in the second half.
Unioto seemed to run the ball more effectively then they had all season, but when they got into the deficit I feel like it pressured them into throwing more than they wanted to. Hoops was off tonight and honestly should have thrown probably about 2 more picks than he did.
Was curios to see how Kelly would respond after a very rough start, but he kept working and made up for it. That’s good growth for him, especially mentally. He did miss some open guys early on but I also think he shouldn’t have been asked to throw as many times as he did right off the rip. The run game was working early and Waverly tried to get away from it for some reason and it caused them to stall in couple of their drives early. If the line is blocking well enough to give Hurd a seam, they have to more times than not give him the rock. The offense will go as Hurd goes, period. Waverly’s defense played really well all around. They did get burnt a few times but Hoops just didn’t make the throw, they will need to get that cleaned up as that is not something new that has been happening thus far. Q lead the charge defensively along with Leeth, those two are a mean duo on the ends.

I look for Unioto to be up there in contention with the SVC, I think that conference is up for grabs and there are a few teams who could take it home.

Waverly starts league play at 2-1, which could have very easily had been 3-0. The SOC 2 could be competitive with Burg being the obvious favorite.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

YouCantBeSerious wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:31 pm Great game! Both teams played hard and wanted if bad. Unioto came out and had control of the game until the second part of the 2nd quarter. Waverly’s D made a nice stop before half time and then a good play call with 5 seconds left to get a score and tie it up going into half as time expired. It gave Waverly all the momentum and confidence they needed to put it away in the second half.
Unioto seemed to run the ball more effectively then they had all season, but when they got into the deficit I feel like it pressured them into throwing more than they wanted to. Hoops was off tonight and honestly should have thrown probably about 2 more picks than he did.
Was curios to see how Kelly would respond after a very rough start, but he kept working and made up for it. That’s good growth for him, especially mentally. He did miss some open guys early on but I also think he shouldn’t have been asked to throw as many times as he did right off the rip. The run game was working early and Waverly tried to get away from it for some reason and it caused them to stall in couple of their drives early. If the line is blocking well enough to give Hurd a seam, they have to more times than not give him the rock. The offense will go as Hurd goes, period. Waverly’s defense played really well all around. They did get burnt a few times but Hoops just didn’t make the throw, they will need to get that cleaned up as that is not something new that has been happening thus far. Q lead the charge defensively along with Leeth, those two are a mean duo on the ends.

I look for Unioto to be up there in contention with the SVC, I think that conference is up for grabs and there are a few teams who could take it home.

Waverly starts league play at 2-1, which could have very easily had been 3-0. The SOC 2 could be competitive with Burg being the obvious favorite.
I am not sure why that went on your post at all it was intended for another one. Nothing at all wrong with your post. The one was removed and not sure how it ended up on yours
Last edited by allaboutsports on Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Great game by our Tigers, we got behind early on but really kept fighting. Defense kept us in the game long enough to get the offense going. Once we started hitting those intermediate passes it got the QB confidence and other passes we missed earlier on we started hitting. Lessons for future games get it going earlier with less throwing the ball 40 yards down the field and let's get our feet wet and confidence going. OL great job against a stacked box and Jace just ran like a man on a mission tonight and I think Q. Hurd was going to hit everyone in sight that 4th down collision oh my goodness. Once we took the lead I really felt Unioto got away from their game plan too early in the 2nd half and then once we went up 2 scores it pretty much totally forced it into Hoops hands to throw the ball. He's not that guy, Unioto was at it's best with a balanced attack when they went strictly air attack it wasn't fluid and honestly never really threatened Waverly once they began doing that. Time to strap it up again, keep getting healthy keep getting better and get ready for league play as we take on L. Valley next week.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:58 am Great game by our Tigers, we got behind early on but really kept fighting. Defense kept us in the game long enough to get the offense going. Once we started hitting those intermediate passes it got the QB confidence and other passes we missed earlier on we started hitting. Lessons for future games get it going earlier with less throwing the ball 40 yards down the field and let's get our feet wet and confidence going. OL great job against a stacked box and Jace just ran like a man on a mission tonight and I think Q. Hurd was going to hit everyone in sight that 4th down collision oh my goodness. Once we took the lead I really felt Unioto got away from their game plan too early in the 2nd half and then once we went up 2 scores it pretty much totally forced it into Hoops hands to throw the ball. He's not that guy, Unioto was at it's best with a balanced attack when they went strictly air attack it wasn't fluid and honestly never really threatened Waverly once they began doing that. Time to strap it up again, keep getting healthy keep getting better and get ready for league play as we take on L. Valley next week.
Well said as always on point with your comments

YouCantBeSerious
Riding the Bench

Post by YouCantBeSerious »

allaboutsports wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:43 am
YouCantBeSerious wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:31 pm Great game! Both teams played hard and wanted if bad. Unioto came out and had control of the game until the second part of the 2nd quarter. Waverly’s D made a nice stop before half time and then a good play call with 5 seconds left to get a score and tie it up going into half as time expired. It gave Waverly all the momentum and confidence they needed to put it away in the second half.

Waverly fans sure like to point fingers at kids. Most of which don’t know much about football. Always pointing fingers and prob never played a meaningful play in there life or they are a parent of one of the kids who sits bench
? What was so offensive?

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

YouCantBeSerious wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:07 am
allaboutsports wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:43 am

? What was so offensive?
I am not sure how my post ended up on your post. There is nothing wrong with your post. The one I was responding to was removed.

Return to “Football”