September 1, 2023 Ironton 62 - 14 Fairland

quizcap11
Waterboy

Re: Week 3 Fairland at ironton

Post by quizcap11 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:58 pm
quizcap11 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:59 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:32 pm

Those future proctorvillle wine moms can use some melanin. Maybe one day that will result in Fairland having some speed in football & some food that is seasoned. 😂😂

Its a good thing those Fairland girls love Marcus more than Tucker huh? Lol
This dude is just a blatant racist😭
Nope. I just know what the present and future proctorville wine moms do while their hubby and bf "tucker" is away. Fairland takes a poundin in more ways than one barstool. Go tweet that. 😂
That’s weird cuz I know a whole lotta boys that go up to the I on the weekends. Seems to me like “Tucker” is up a little on “Marcus”😭 Barstool got u pressed man, I’d log off for a few days if I was you

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Re: WK3 2-0 Fairland v 2-0 Ironton (OVC CHIP)?

Post by Mr Shifty »

quizcap11 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:31 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:53 pm
quizcap11 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am

There’s something just so strange about watching grown men drool over a 17 year old boy
Isn’t this a football forum? Lets talk facts. Definitely weird you think that. We shall call you pedo
I go to school with these boys so try again for a better insult🤥
Are you president of your 'Future Pedo's Of America' at school?

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

frankie wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:40 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:11 am
frankie wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:30 pm

Gallia doesn't have the balls to schedule a Moeller. Fact :lol:
That's not balls. That's stupidity. There's absolutely no reason to ever willingly schedule a team from 3 hours away knowing they'll beat you by 50 if they really want to.
Yep, no balls to schedule up. Keep playing Meigs and Athens. That's why your program is what it is.

Even with replacing the majority of starters from last year, Ironton will roll Fairland in this one.
Why didn't Ironton try to schedule St. Iggy or St. Ed when Vass was coaching? Oh....oh that's right, only the Lutz and Pendleton years actually mean anything to Ironton fans. OVC needs to kick Ironton to the curb and when the run of talent they have dries up and they're back to 5-5 every year, tell em to kick rocks and keep getting dunked on by Cincinnati and Columbus schools.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

frankie wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:30 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:51 pm

Didn't Moeller smack Ironton up, down, and all around the field while basically playing their JV squad?
Gallia doesn't have the balls to schedule a Moeller. Fact :lol:
That's not balls. That's stupidity. There's absolutely no reason to ever willingly schedule a team from 3 hours away knowing they'll beat you by 50 if they really want to.
Agree...SEO knows their limits when scheduling their regular season.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:37 pm

Yep, no balls to schedule up. Keep playing Meigs and Athens. That's why your program is what it is.

Even with replacing the majority of starters from last year, Ironton will roll Fairland in this one.
Why didn't Ironton try to schedule St. Iggy or St. Ed when Vass was coaching? Oh....oh that's right, only the Lutz and Pendleton years actually mean anything to Ironton fans. OVC needs to kick Ironton to the curb and when the run of talent they have dries up and they're back to 5-5 every year, tell em to kick rocks and keep getting dunked on by Cincinnati and Columbus schools.
Its sad Ironton has to schedule schools like this because you ovc clowns get butthurt over getting beat like a drum now! A few years ago you all wanted a shot at Ironton. Ironton isn’t the ovc’s problem. The problem is you dont point the finger where it should be. Some of these ovc teams over the last few years have been absolutely terrible. Blame your coaching staff, not Irontons. Oh, and as for Vass. He wasn’t a very good coach. Kids were transferring to other schools from over how he ran things. It was bad

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

BigSpoon wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:01 am

Its sad Ironton has to schedule schools like this because you ovc clowns get butthurt over getting beat like a drum now! A few years ago you all wanted a shot at Ironton. Ironton isn’t the ovc’s problem. The problem is you dont point the finger where it should be. Some of these ovc teams over the last few years have been absolutely terrible. Blame your coaching staff, not Irontons. Oh, and as for Vass. He wasn’t a very good coach. Kids were transferring to other schools from over how he ran things. It was bad
I would say the issue is more with the other schools not having the same *recruiting* staff. Yeah. I'll say it. We're all aware of it.

quizcap11
Waterboy

Post by quizcap11 »

Mr Shifty wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:53 pm
quizcap11 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:31 pm
BigSpoon wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:53 pm

Isn’t this a football forum? Lets talk facts. Definitely weird you think that. We shall call you pedo
I go to school with these boys so try again for a better insult🤥
Are you president of your 'Future Pedo's Of America' at school?
I think you’re a bit confused here. I’m the same age as the players I’m talking about. You are at least a 40 year old man obsessing over high schoolers. I think you’re doing a bit of self projection here.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I thought Ironton Football was no longer in the OVC.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Congrats this site has officially been ruined , all
time low.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

It's crazy all the Ironton bashing.
Yes this is Ironton's last year in the OVC in football by mutual choice.
Do Ironton's coaches recruit I don't know but I do know the program recruits it's self.
As for local teams playing up few will do so due to lack of talent coaching and players what ever it may be.
Wheelersburg plays up to it's limits I will give them that.
Jackson also at times.
Ironton has scheduled up and will more often do so now and that is by choice and the desire to get bet to win that elusive state tittle.
But bashing teams for not doing so or bashing Ironton for the kids that decide to play there is just crazy.
Hopefully Ironton will continue the series with Fairland they play well against Ironton and it's a entertaining game.
As for Gallia they control their own destiny in making the playoffs and proving their self's in doing so.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:38 am

I would say the issue is more with the other schools not having the same *recruiting* staff. Yeah. I'll say it. We're all aware of it.
I would say the issue is why would a kid transfer to a program like Gallia? Yeah I'll say it, you and the rest of the OVC have NOTHING to offer, your coaching staffs are lazy and are stuck in the same 'ole same 'ole. You don't have a clue how fix it either.

Thegreenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Thegreenwave »

frankie wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:04 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:38 am

I would say the issue is why would a kid transfer to a program like Gallia? Yeah I'll say it, you and the rest of the OVC have NOTHING to offer, your coaching staffs are lazy and are stuck in the same 'ole same 'ole. You don't have a clue how fix it either.
Some location like Gallia are not setup to get easy transfers. There is only three school districts in the whole county. Its not like Lawrence or Scioto county were there is 7 or 8 school districts on top of each other that allow kids to be able to pick. Gallia has River Valley and South Gallia as the two other schools that they could get a transfers from open enrollment. No kids going to transfers to another school that is 30 to 40 minutes away just to play football.

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

CrackBack46 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:30 pm Shaun Terry - Umass

Last year…
Mc1196 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:02 pm
CrackBack46 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:35 am I’d venture to say in the entire illustrious history of Fairland football not one kid has gotten a d1 full ride scholarship offer in their sophomore year. In any sport …..ever

What player has been offered a d1 as a sophomore just curious
Your either a lier or UMass violated rules I'm saying your a lier it's illegal to offer sophomore scholarships can't be until September 1st of junior year

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Here’s this same song and dance. I’m not a fan of either team but please validate the recruiting process and take it up with the proper agencies. Otherwise, it’s just blowing smoke from no fire. I’ve heard this too many times. Kids and parents transfer schools because of either academics or athletics or the combination of both. I’m not agreeing or against transferring but many parents and their kids have various reasons for changing schools. Would you prefer to play for a team that goes 5-5 or have an opportunity to make a state championship? Most people in life are choosing the former and not the latter. It’s simple logic. Same reason why many people in society choose better paying jobs or more stable incomes. It’s called logic.

As for the someone making the statement about the amicable decision making of Ironton leaving the conference for football, that’s the one thing I’ve read on here that does make sense. Maybe some schools or coaches behind closed doors did huff and puff about Ironton being in the conference. The same people that are upset about it are also the same people that decided to let them in.

So unless there’s substantiated proof that egregious recruiting has happened, then there’s zero reason to talk about it. This exactly why many schools from the SE Region have such a hard time getting to state championships and very few win one. Not only are they going against the other team, the teams within the same area where they came from are also against them, root against after they lose to them, and cry foul all day without a shred of evidence. I know this much, if you want to be successful, you have to build a culture and culture creates success or failure. Ironton has built a culture of success with football. Many other schools have built cultures of success in other various sports or academics in our area.

People should embrace the fact that we have a school, in our own backyard, that has been to 3 state Championships in the last 4 years. Another school right up the road from them that has been to 3 State Semifinals since 2015 with a State Championship, and another that has been to 3 State Semifinals since 2013. Those are rare and don’t come around too often. From 2000-2013, only 2 true SE Region schools even made it that far: Portsmouth in 2000, and West Portsmouth in 2002.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:04 pm Here’s this same song and dance. I’m not a fan of either team but please validate the recruiting process and take it up with the proper agencies. Otherwise, it’s just blowing smoke from no fire. I’ve heard this too many times. Kids and parents transfer schools because of either academics or athletics or the combination of both. I’m not agreeing or against transferring but many parents and their kids have various reasons for changing schools. Would you prefer to play for a team that goes 5-5 or have an opportunity to make a state championship? Most people in life are choosing the former and not the latter. It’s simple logic. Same reason why many people in society choose better paying jobs or more stable incomes. It’s called logic.

As for the someone making the statement about the amicable decision making of Ironton leaving the conference for football, that’s the one thing I’ve read on here that does make sense. Maybe some schools or coaches behind closed doors did huff and puff about Ironton being in the conference. The same people that are upset about it are also the same people that decided to let them in.

So unless there’s substantiated proof that egregious recruiting has happened, then there’s zero reason to talk about it. This exactly why many schools from the SE Region have such a hard time getting to state championships and very few win one. Not only are they going against the other team, the teams within the same area where they came from are also against them, root against after they lose to them, and cry foul all day without a shred of evidence. I know this much, if you want to be successful, you have to build a culture and culture creates success or failure. Ironton has built a culture of success with football. Many other schools have built cultures of success in other various sports or academics in our area.

People should embrace the fact that we have a school, in our own backyard, that has been to 3 state Championships in the last 4 years. Another school right up the road from them that has been to 3 State Semifinals since 2015 with a State Championship, and another that has been to 3 State Semifinals since 2013. Those are rare and don’t come around too often. From 2000-2013, only 2 true SE Region schools even made it that far: Portsmouth in 2000, and West Portsmouth in 2002.
🎯🎯🎯

The best post ever on SEOPs.

TheIronBoy
Waterboy

Post by TheIronBoy »

Their is just simply a huge skill gap between these too teams. Fairland is SEO good- Ironton is ALL of Ohio good. Gimme Ironton by 28.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

TheIronBoy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:47 pm Their is just simply a huge skill gap between these too teams. Fairland is SEO good- Ironton is ALL of Ohio good. Gimme Ironton by 28.
Ironton is top of the class in seo but they get their buts handed to them when they play northern oh teams. . Fact

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Mc1196 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:00 pm

Last year…

Your either a lier or UMass violated rules I'm saying your a lier it's illegal to offer sophomore scholarships can't be until September 1st of junior year
Incorrect. Schools can offer freshmen if they like. Both Carrico and Carter had D1 offers at Ironton their freshman years. Coaches can’t contact high school players in person before the start of their junior year. Offers can come long before. And “lier” is correctly spelled “liar”. Sorry to correct you twice in one post, I couldn’t help it.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

I’ll take that apology anytime…

Mc1196 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:00 pm

Last year…

Attachments
IMG_3904.jpeg

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

gobucs20 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:30 pm
TheIronBoy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:47 pm Their is just simply a huge skill gap between these too teams. Fairland is SEO good- Ironton is ALL of Ohio good. Gimme Ironton by 28.
Ironton is top of the class in seo but they get their buts handed to them when they play northern oh teams. . Fact
Who is your team, who do you back? Tell us how many times they have been in the state finals.

Return to “Football”