Symmes Valley & Peake need to start over

Area51
Waterboy

Symmes Valley & Peake need to start over

Post by Area51 »

Chesapeake won 39-7 but these two teams were so poorly coached. I know that it is week 1 so I won’t talk about all the missed assignments. However, I’ll talk about all the personal fouls, unsportsman like conducts and penalty’s in general. Both communities should be embarrassed at what these coaching staffs let go on. Very little coaching from either side, two completely different styles but both teams ran maybe 5-6 different plays the whole game. SV has plenty of young talent but with these coaching staffs, both programs are moving backwards at a rapid rate.
Might be time to start over for both programs.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: Symmes Valley & Peake need to start over

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Area51 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:13 pm Chesapeake won 39-7 but these two teams were so poorly coached. I know that it is week 1 so I won’t talk about all the missed assignments. However, I’ll talk about all the personal fouls, unsportsman like conducts and penalty’s in general. Both communities should be embarrassed at what these coaching staffs let go on. Very little coaching from either side, two completely different styles but both teams ran maybe 5-6 different plays the whole game. SV has plenty of young talent but with these coaching staffs, both programs are moving backwards at a rapid rate.
Sheesh. Sounds like a bad scene. What all went down?

Area51
Waterboy

Post by Area51 »

Undisciplined, Undisciplined, Undisciplined both side.

Tkyhunter12g
Waterboy

Post by Tkyhunter12g »

All the assistant coaches at Symmes valley needs to let the head coach be a head coach he has no control over his coaching staff particularly his offensive coordinator they don’t have the line or speed to run a spread offense they need to go back to the days of short splits and wishbone offense and run the ball down the field it’s Symmes valley not the New York jets

riverRat52
Riding the Bench

Post by riverRat52 »

Well Offensive coordinator son is a receiver, and they’re trying to build a new identity that they don’t know how to do. I agree though, need to run an offense that fits the players you have. If you want to throw the ball more it doesn’t mean you have to do it all out of spread.

onewayoranother
Waterboy

Post by onewayoranother »

What happened out at SV that they have fallen off so quickly? They used to so structured and organized out there.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

They looked decent tonight. QB just a freshman and he was 80 percent completion. They stick together in 3 years they will make a deep playoff run.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
onewayoranother
Waterboy

Post by onewayoranother »

Looked decent? They lost 28-0 against a very bad RH team that may finish last in the OVC.
Being young is not a good excuse. The scheme and the discipline is terrible. You can’t run that offense if you don’t have the kids. You can’t change everything for one group that you feel is coming. You never know if that group is going to stay together and develop. Everyone will lose interest in the program and you will lose kids who are tired of getting the crap kicked out of them while you are waiting on the supposed super group.
Last edited by onewayoranother on Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Peake 22
Minford 21
Final

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I dunno, they looked pretty small up front for any other type of O

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Area51 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:13 pm Chesapeake won 39-7 but these two teams were so poorly coached. I know that it is week 1 so I won’t talk about all the missed assignments. However, I’ll talk about all the personal fouls, unsportsman like conducts and penalty’s in general. Both communities should be embarrassed at what these coaching staffs let go on. Very little coaching from either side, two completely different styles but both teams ran maybe 5-6 different plays the whole game. SV has plenty of young talent but with these coaching staffs, both programs are moving backwards at a rapid rate.
Does Peake still need to start over?? I mean they're 2-0 and just beat a Minford team they lost to last season 41-7

Area51
Waterboy

Post by Area51 »

I won’t eat crow just yet. Maybe my comments woke them up a little. Only kidding. Good for Peake getting this win but I stand firm on how embarrassing the sportsmanship and discipline was in week 1.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

who are you lou holtz?

Return to “Football”