August 18, 2023 Manchester 6 - 78 Notre Dame

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Re: Notre Dame @ Manchester 8.18.23

Post by Buckeye2021 »

dirt_cinders wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:17 pm 58 - 0 at half. I believe they started a running clock starting 3rd quarter.
Coaches should have got together and called the game early , I believe they can do that I doubt either team got anything out of the second half

Ohiofootballfan
Waterboy

Post by Ohiofootballfan »

Wow

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:08 pm No-win situation for ND. They only got like 20 kids, so it not like they can just sub out and “put in the freshmen” like other schools can. And the 20 kids they got are pretty solid.

This game more of a statement of how bad things are at Manchester. Sounds like a team that should be playing a jv/freshmen schedule.*

So which is it…….poor little ND kids……20 kids who are pretty solid? Typical private school banter. Oh woah is me. Get ready for retribution. Bet you guys were all feeling great watching 78 points go up. Did you even think for a second about how manchesters kids felt?

Don’t complain when Eastern scores 80.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Baldeagle wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:31 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:08 pm No-win situation for ND. They only got like 20 kids, so it not like they can just sub out and “put in the freshmen” like other schools can. And the 20 kids they got are pretty solid.

This game more of a statement of how bad things are at Manchester. Sounds like a team that should be playing a jv/freshmen schedule.*

So which is it…….poor little ND kids……20 kids who are pretty solid? Typical private school banter. Oh woah is me. Get ready for retribution. Bet you guys were all feeling great watching 78 points go up. Did you even think for a second about how manchesters kids felt?

Don’t complain when Eastern scores 80.
Couldn’t care less what Eastern does to ND as I have no affiliation with either school. Just adding context to how that score could’ve ended up the way it did.*

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Observing, ND head Coach finally got his first Varsity win on his resume! Must feel good first win ,78 points

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:25 pm
dirt_cinders wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:17 pm 58 - 0 at half. I believe they started a running clock starting 3rd quarter.
Coaches should have got together and called the game early , I believe they can do that I doubt either team got anything out of the second half
Make ure you share that with your coaches at Waterford. They may want to beg for mercy at halftime.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Baldeagle wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:03 pm
Make ure you share that with your coaches at Waterford. They may want to beg for mercy at halftime.
I know 43 crying eagles looking for revenge next year Heard it before

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:29 pm
Baldeagle wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:03 pm

I know 43 crying eagles looking for revenge next year Heard it before
I know it makes you happy to spank that monkey while you read last years news clippings. Gonna be a long cold winter in Waterturd.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I have no idea why ND schedule this game. Manchester has not been very good these last couple years. I agree it’s hard to tell your team to stop playing hard due to injuries but ref and coaches should have got together and did a running clock earlier. I wasn’t at the game but what kind of running plays did ND run while being up? I would have just been basic and run iso after iso. Just not a good game to schedule IMO.

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

People need to stop crying about this. Life isn’t fair regardless of what you victims think. Get better, accept the results or just don’t play. This isn’t tee ball. Good grief.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Baldeagle wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:38 am You Notre Dame jerks won’t be so smug much longer. 43 angry eagles are gonna shove that football up your arse. You won’t be able to do anything about it.
Jerks? Why go there? 18 man roster, not much room for substitutions..they kept the ball on the ground and beat a less than adequate team. Jerks? Come on!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Hoopster98 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:00 pm I have no idea why ND schedule this game. Manchester has not been very good these last couple years. I agree it’s hard to tell your team to stop playing hard due to injuries but ref and coaches should have got together and did a running clock earlier. I wasn’t at the game but what kind of running plays did ND run while being up? I would have just been basic and run iso after iso. Just not a good game to schedule IMO.
Manchester quit playing ND a few years back when the ND coach played their first string against Manchesters subs and one of Manchesters players was severely injured.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:53 pm
Hoopster98 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:00 pm I have no idea why ND schedule this game. Manchester has not been very good these last couple years. I agree it’s hard to tell your team to stop playing hard due to injuries but ref and coaches should have got together and did a running clock earlier. I wasn’t at the game but what kind of running plays did ND run while being up? I would have just been basic and run iso after iso. Just not a good game to schedule IMO.
Manchester quit playing ND a few years back when the ND coach played their first string against Manchesters subs and one of Manchesters players was severely injured.
And here we go with the "whoa is me". I guess if you field a team you had better be ready to win and lose. Losing in this generation of sports has taken a major backseat as everyone is taught they are a winner! Get this, you're not always a winner, you may never win... I know friends that have gone 0-40 and that is the way of life. Teams are not going to lie down and just feel sorry for you the entire year. You don't end the game at halftime. That's even more embarrassing. You take the loss, move on, and Monday in film you go over your mistakes and TEACH the kids to hopefully learn from this and attempt to fix the problem. Talent is taught and can't be found all of a sudden. But, never giving up and hopefully learning to play as a team can be.

The "biddy ball daddy/daddy ball" is very apparent here on this thread.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

RiverBallFan1... but with ND knowing the team they had coming back, why schedule manchester when throughout the years the game hasn't been competitive? I believe ND could of found a more competitive game week 1 then this. ND will win some games this year but depth will be an issue. I look for it to be a 3 team race between ND, East, and Eastern.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Manchester needs to join the likes of West Union, Eastern Brown, Peebles, North Adams and play club football.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I agree with you. They are non competitive against any SOC I team. It's more of a scrimmage or tune up game for those teams.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Hoopster98 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:05 am RiverBallFan1... but with ND knowing the team they had coming back, why schedule manchester when throughout the years the game hasn't been competitive? I believe ND could of found a more competitive game week 1 then this. ND will win some games this year but depth will be an issue. I look for it to be a 3 team race between ND, East, and Eastern.
Although Manchester isn’t super close, it’s still better than a four hour drive. Small schools sometimes have scheduling issues! Also, look at major colleges, most play lesser talents at the beginning of the season. Agreed depth is a huge issue with ND and it usually is. I’m hoping they stay healthy and competitive. As far as who wins the SOC, I’m going Eastern. They are solid and good numbers, but keep an eye on Symmes Valley!

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Very true but I would of kept NW on the schedule or did NW not want ND on the schedule? I think that's a lot better than Manchester but I'd also like to see them get Valley on the schedule for the next two years.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

There is no reason to beat a team that badly.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Has anybody bothered to looked at Manchesters schedule??

East, Green, Symes Valley, South Gallia

Only team in SOC1 not on their schedule is Eastern Pike. Other games are West Union, Fayetteville, Racine Southern and Miller. With and open date stuck in between there. So maybe it’s not so much ND on the scheduling. Appears to me that maybe man berated may have trouble finding teams..
ND losing some key player due to graduation, their senior running back transferring to Ironton and a new coach that no one knew squat about, maybe maybe they felt to go ahead and schedule Manchester in week one instead of traveling 2 hours to game like they had to do in the past few years. In fact, I have read dozens of posts stating ND was gonna go 0-10 or they was gonna be trash. Manchester was not a good team but no one thought ND would put 78 up on them either.. This ND team is much better than anyone thought they would be.

And what were they suppose to do? Take a knee 3 times and punt? Tell their boys to fall down and don’t cross the goal line. That don’t teach anything. It’s not NDs job to stop ND!! NDs kicker was kicking the ball out of bounds at their on 45 to give Manchester the ball at NDs 45 to give them a short field to force the defense to work. They utilized every kid the entire game. Anybody want to put 80 on ND go for it. I am sure the coach and players will be up for the challenge but digging a team or any team for doing their job is just wrong! This is high school football, Not participation trophy football… Tired of getting beat by 80 change your football program or get out. Teach kids to tackle, teach kids to block and for goodness sakes teach them to hold on to a football.. Manchester had twice the number of players as ND did and were quite a bit bigger than ND. But Nd was suppose to lighten up.. something tells me that this coach and players won’t do that..

Return to “Football”