Scrimmage Results

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Re: Scrimmage Results

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

beg003 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:44 am
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:06 am Warren looked like a team of JV players playing varsity players. Kids hurt, out, and no depth. South Point is either good, or Warren is bad. Going off their records from last year. I can’t really tell. Warren plays Roane WV next weekend. They better get healthy in a hurry, or it will be an ugly scrimmage.
If only this was as true as you want it to be. Lack of depth is true. Physicality and running maybe 10% of a playbook were also present. South Point’s coach made it a point that we were more physical. You have no idea what teams are hoping to get out of a scrimmage and neither do I. The looking like a JV team physically part just isn’t true. What happened to supporting the kids, no matter what? You support the kids who decided not to play (which is fine), but the kids who came back are now being put down in a passive-aggressive manner. I’m not going to get on here and see you taking pot shots at good kids. You seem to talk the talk, but are stumbling on the walking the walk part.
What’s supporting kids have to do with evaluating what I saw. I support the kids but I’m not blind. Being more physical doesn’t always equal to being more experienced. South Point took advantage of obvious weaknesses in the Warren defense and it will be like that all season. Like I stated. Kids were hurt, out, and they have no depth. I gave honest excuses. Warren is still very young and lack varsity experience at several positions. To think they will compete just being “more physical” every night is not gonna get it.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:05 am
beg003 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:44 am
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:06 am Warren looked like a team of JV players playing varsity players. Kids hurt, out, and no depth. South Point is either good, or Warren is bad. Going off their records from last year. I can’t really tell. Warren plays Roane WV next weekend. They better get healthy in a hurry, or it will be an ugly scrimmage.
If only this was as true as you want it to be. Lack of depth is true. Physicality and running maybe 10% of a playbook were also present. South Point’s coach made it a point that we were more physical. You have no idea what teams are hoping to get out of a scrimmage and neither do I. The looking like a JV team physically part just isn’t true. What happened to supporting the kids, no matter what? You support the kids who decided not to play (which is fine), but the kids who came back are now being put down in a passive-aggressive manner. I’m not going to get on here and see you taking pot shots at good kids. You seem to talk the talk, but are stumbling on the walking the walk part.
What’s supporting kids have to do with evaluating what I saw. I support the kids but I’m not blind. Being more physical doesn’t always equal to being more experienced. South Point took advantage of obvious weaknesses in the Warren defense and it will be like that all season. Like I stated. Kids were hurt, out, and they have no depth. I gave honest excuses. Warren is still very young and lack varsity experience at several positions. To think they will compete just being “more physical” every night is not gonna get it.
Hard to make true evaluations when they run set plays of ten instead of down, distance and actual spots. Also, no game planning for some kids who can really run. If we’re going to call a team JV caliber, let’s get the full context out there. Their qb would have been sacked 4-5 times, maybe more. That changes things. To “evaluate” that scrimmage on an apples to apples basis with a real game is ridiculous. Are there weaknesses, absolutely. You’ve yet to make one positive comment about a player, what they’re doing, or anything. And from what I saw, there were some positive things to take away from the scrimmage. You obviously have something against the HC, but don’t take it out on the kids.

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

Valley is very young. Maybe 30 kids out. Counting 1 senior and 8 juniors, the math says 21 players are freshmen and sophomores.

Valley's receivers, rbs, and qb are very talented, but as with any team, success will be determined by the O-line.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Dan-The-Man wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:56 am
Svcguru wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:31 pm
Bozo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:01 pm Zane Trace-Valley scrimmage?
Zt looked alright for first scrimmage & a new system/coach. I believe Zt varsity score 3-4 times to valleys 2-3. Zt’s front is big & skilled positions are athletic but they lack depth in every position. They might have 35 kids out. Also heard later that a Zt senior lineman broke his foot (out 4-6 weeks) but should be back for league play.
I wasn’t able to make it over, but how did Valley look? I saw on social media that they are very young. Sounds like the offense may have been okay if they scored 2-3 times.
The Qb threw a good ball and they had a couple tall receivers that looked the part! Good luck to them this season

Boomstick
Waterboy

Post by Boomstick »

Oldskoolwarrior doesn’t know what he’s talking about. You have to consider who you are actually dealing with. He was run off as a coach. He’s just salty about being run out of everywhere.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:03 am Anyone get to watch West vs Chillicothe?
I’m guessing no news is good news..? Surely somebody here went.

WWE HALL OF FAME
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

MrPerfect wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:03 am Anyone get to watch West vs Chillicothe?
I’m hoping that’s the case. I think I might be the only West poster left on here, use to be all kinds. I was hoping someone from Chillicothe could give some thoughts

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I don't put much stock in first scrimmages. Too many trials and errors. Second scrimmage I think coaches want to hone in on starters and replacements. Probably a better guage

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan Elm had some big losses to graduation, but it also returns quite a lot from last season's 8-3 team. QB Aaron Walters, RB/WR Landon Thompson, CB Carson Summers, TE Camden Redd, most of the line and a slew of interchangeable parts at wide receiver/defensive backs. As long as they can stay pretty decently healthy, I could see the Braves winning between six to eight games.

If the Braves can defeat Zane Trace and Miami Trace in non-league play, I think they have a good shot at rolling into a very tough game against Bloom-Carroll at 6-0.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

MrPerfect wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm
From what I saw west was competitive with a down Chillicothe team Chilli scored about 3 times west 1 or 2 I only watched about an hr Chilli will be around 5-5 this year pretty tough non conference west got a lot of pressure but didn’t really have the speed to contain chilli on the outside

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

jujubean wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:36 am Valley is very young. Maybe 30 kids out. Counting 1 senior and 8 juniors, the math says 21 players are freshmen and sophomores.

Valley's receivers, rbs, and qb are very talented, but as with any team, success will be determined by the O-line.
Valley is very young. There is 1 senior. He's a great kid but will not get much PT. They will be fielding a team of Juniors Sophomores and sprinkle a few freshman in. The freshmen class is pretty talented, but a freshman getting varsity minutes in football, no matter their skill level, is always going to be a struggle. The Jr. class has some nice pieces but we really are hurting by having 1 senior and having to rely on some youngins. Offense has the ability to do well, but defensively they will struggle. One thing for sure though is they will compete. Great culture right now. Biggest thing is to keep that culture going and continue to build for the future. 8th grade has good numbers as well as some linemen! And the pewee program has great numbers. If they can keep those numbers high, the future is bright for Valley.

I thought as far as the scrimmage went that the offense did well and is definitely ahead of the defense. There will be a learning curve on defense due to them being so young.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

purplegold wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:36 am
jujubean wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:36 am Valley is very young. Maybe 30 kids out. Counting 1 senior and 8 juniors, the math says 21 players are freshmen and sophomores.

Valley is very young. There is 1 senior. He's a great kid but will not get much PT. They will be fielding a team of Juniors Sophomores and sprinkle a few freshman in. The freshmen class is pretty talented, but a freshman getting varsity minutes in football, no matter their skill level, is always going to be a struggle. The Jr. class has some nice pieces but we really are hurting by having 1 senior and having to rely on some youngins. Offense has the ability to do well, but defensively they will struggle. One thing for sure though is they will compete. Great culture right now. Biggest thing is to keep that culture going and continue to build for the future. 8th grade has good numbers as well as some linemen! And the pewee program has great numbers. If they can keep those numbers high, the future is bright for Valley.

I thought as far as the scrimmage went that the offense did well and is definitely ahead of the defense. There will be a learning curve on defense due to them being so young.
Did we lose some players as I thought we had more than one junior last year? Do you know when the next scrimmage is?

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:29 pm
purplegold wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:36 am

Did we lose some players as I thought we had more than one junior last year? Do you know when the next scrimmage is?
Next Scrimmage is this Friday vs Notre Dame at 7 Home. I know we had a lineman who would be a senior this year not come out. Other than that, I'm not sure there was anyone else. Sure wish Copley would've stuck with football. He would've been a very nice QB.

otbz1
Waterboy

Post by otbz1 »

Auntyjp wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:35 pm How did Unioto and Logan Elm do?
Logan Elm got lucky tbh.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Svcguru wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:40 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:00 pm
Auntyjp wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:35 pm How did Unioto and Logan Elm do?
Unioto got crushed offensive looked bad and didn’t help we had some skill guys out in our already new defensive backfield
Logan Elm play that good or Unioto play that bad? All the Logan Elm people I’ve talk to haven’t been very positive about the upcoming season. I personally think both these teams could have really good seasons and how much can you take away from the first scrimmage of the year.
Hoops threw 3 pick 6s. He doesn’t have Fox, Dray and Griffin to make him look good this year. Unioto’s offense will struggle

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:06 pm

Unioto got crushed offensive looked bad and didn’t help we had some skill guys out in our already new defensive backfield
Logan Elm play that good or Unioto play that bad? All the Logan Elm people I’ve talk to haven’t been very positive about the upcoming season. I personally think both these teams could have really good seasons and how much can you take away from the first scrimmage of the year.
Hoops threw 3 pick 6s. He doesn’t have Fox, Dray and Griffin to make him look good this year. Unioto’s offense will struggle
Must be the backup's dad...

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Interesting! I also heard the younger Hoops was hurt, possibly season ending? If you were at this scrimmage what was your take away of Logan Elm?

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

522Pirate wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:32 am

Must be the backup's dad...
Unfortunate if true. But that’s why we don’t allow daddy ball at our place.

I know, I was D1 fellas
OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Took the scenic route to Roane County today to see the Warriors play a school the same size as them. Roane scored 3 times and Warren didn’t score. Beg003 probably has a better rundown from his seat.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:47 pm Took the scenic route to Roane County today to see the Warriors play a school the same size as them. Roane scored 3 times and Warren didn’t score. Beg003 probably has a better rundown from his seat.
So did I, you should’ve came and said hello. Three starters out, wasn’t great, wasn’t terrible. They hit some plays in the passing game but didn’t run the ball for anything. I’m sure we’re well on our way to 0-10 in your book. I really don’t know what your problem is with these coaches and kids but you’re truly making yourself into a joke. It’s embarrassing for yourself and for the school you claim to “represent.” The hypocrisy gets very old, very fast. If they’re so bad, which just isn’t true, then how about supporting them and not badmouthing them on an anonymous site where you can get away with it.

Return to “Football”