Portsmouth 2023 what to expect?

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth 2023 what to expect?

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

baseballfanatic76 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:26 pm Very hard to predict im thinking either copley or heiland dont know if we will be throwing it around as much this year without the previous qbs so we need to find that gutsy RB and maybe heiland is that guy
I’d hate to lose Heiland at WR though after losing 3 guys he brings back the most experience. I wonder if he will see time at both WR & RB. There was a kid on the junior high last year who I seen get some carries and he looked like he had some real potential. I’m not sure if he was a 7th or 8th grader though. Last name was Brown.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:46 pm
baseballfanatic76 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:26 pm Very hard to predict im thinking either copley or heiland dont know if we will be throwing it around as much this year without the previous qbs so we need to find that gutsy RB and maybe heiland is that guy
I’d hate to lose Heiland at WR though after losing 3 guys he brings back the most experience. I wonder if he will see time at both WR & RB. There was a kid on the junior high last year who I seen get some carries and he looked like he had some real potential. I’m not sure if he was a 7th or 8th grader though. Last name was Brown.
If it’s Akia's son he transferred to East.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:09 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:46 pm
If it’s Akia's son he transferred to East.
I’m not sure if it is or not. Very well could be. Shame for the Trojans but a good get for East assuming it’s the same kid I seen.

baseballfanatic76
Waterboy

Post by baseballfanatic76 »

neither brown or parker will ever play for PHs again thats the sad truth. Both great athletes but dont have what it takes off the field

TrojanTru
Waterboy

Post by TrojanTru »

baseballfanatic76 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:18 pm neither brown or parker will ever play for PHs again thats the sad truth. Both great athletes but dont have what it takes off the field

That’s a pretty bold statement to make. They’re both freshman, and missing a season doesn’t equate never playing for PHS. 🙄

I was hoping Amani came back cause he’s probably the best QB option we have for the next few years.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

TrojanTru wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:19 pm
baseballfanatic76 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:18 pm neither brown or parker will ever play for PHs again thats the sad truth. Both great athletes but dont have what it takes off the field

That’s a pretty bold statement to make. They’re both freshman, and missing a season doesn’t equate never playing for PHS. 🙄

I was hoping Amani came back cause he’s probably the best QB option we have for the next few years.
Best QB option? When I seen him in the JR high game he wasn’t the QB. What would make you think he’d take over at QB in high school? Lol

TrojanTru
Waterboy

Post by TrojanTru »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:44 am

Best QB option? When I seen him in the JR high game he wasn’t the QB. What would make you think he’d take over at QB in high school? Lol
Oh you seen him in a jr. high game, but you don’t even know his name or football history. What would make me think he’d take over in HS. I don’t know, maybe because he played QB until 7th grade and he’s now over 6’2” and still takes snaps on his own. 😎
So like I said HE would most certainly be our best, he has a better arm and accuracy than any other option PHS has.
🙄

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

TrojanTru wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:16 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:44 am

Oh you seen him in a jr. high game, but you don’t even know his name or football history. What would make me think he’d take over in HS. I don’t know, maybe because he played QB until 7th grade and he’s now over 6’2” and still takes snaps on his own. 😎
So like I said HE would most certainly be our best, he has a better arm and accuracy than any other option PHS has.
🙄
If he was so good at playing QB then why wasn’t he QB his 8th grade year? You’re a bozo who clearly knows the kid and got your twat in a bunch over me asking a question. You’re right I don’t know the kid, just seen him, and when I did he was running the ball and catching it out of the backfield. Didn’t seem to need him at QB. So because he’s 6’2 he should automatically be QB? darn I’m 6’1 maybe I should start tossing the pigskin around and go tryout for the local semi pro team.

baseballfanatic76
Waterboy

Portsmouth will never have the qbs they have had the last few years and we will never see that same style offense again

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Heard some things this past week about the football Trojans.....Chase Heiland looks to be the RB, and JT Williams is looking good with his passing skills. Noah Livingston wants to exceed his tackle total of a year ago (I believe it was 130).

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

trojandave wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:12 pm Heard some things this past week about the football Trojans.....Chase Heiland looks to be the RB, and JT Williams is looking good with his passing skills. Noah Livingston wants to exceed his tackle total of a year ago (I believe it was 130).
Thanks for the update TD. Heiland took some Carrie’s last season and I liked what I seen. If he has some blocking he’s definitely explosive and should have a nice season in the backfield.

Who Dey!
baseballfanatic76
Waterboy

Im so excited to see the Trojans play this year i really dont know what to expect but i do predict a fun season as always

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

baseballfanatic76 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:43 pm Im so excited to see the Trojans play this year i really dont know what to expect but i do predict a fun season as always
Not long now. Few weeks out from their 7 on 7’s. About a month from first scrimmage and then 7 weeks from week 1.

Who Dey!
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Looks like Noah Livingston will do double duty as LB and TE. His rebounding skills in BB will certainly be a big help in him catching passes from JT Williams.

baseballfanatic76
Waterboy

livingston is a beast, and an easy target for williams to see as it mah be rough for other targets

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Did the Locklear kid move? I seen he’s at Dublin Scioto but wasn’t sure if he moved from Portsmouth to there or from there to Portsmouth and it’s just an old photo? Thanks

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:26 pm Did the Locklear kid move? I seen he’s at Dublin Scioto but wasn’t sure if he moved from Portsmouth to there or from there to Portsmouth and it’s just an old photo? Thanks
Pretty positive he moved right before the start of last season.

Who Dey!
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

PTrojan59 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:19 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:26 pm Did the Locklear kid move? I seen he’s at Dublin Scioto but wasn’t sure if he moved from Portsmouth to there or from there to Portsmouth and it’s just an old photo? Thanks
Thanks. Do you have an updated roster?

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:04 pm
PTrojan59 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:19 am
Thanks. Do you have an updated roster?
I do not. I’m not sure there’s one out there yet. Maybe within the next few weeks I will. Once their 7 on 7’s and scrimmages get going.

Who Dey!
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Anyone know what time the 7v7 with Piketon is today?

Return to “Football”