I see we are back to using this
Attachments
IMG_3614.jpeg

RBH23
S

Re: Wheelersburg 2023

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:38 pm I see we are back to using this
LOL!! Kudos to your creative trash talking!

However, your picture is flawed. Should have only one pirate head and a dozen tiger heads :)

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Oh my , Classic !

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:03 pm
LOL!! Kudos to your creative trash talking!

However, your picture is flawed. Should have only one pirate head and a dozen tiger heads :)
We took in a small class this year

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

:lol: :lol: Now that’s the kind of smack this site needs more of...especially in the Ironton/Burg threads!*

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Ironton fans
“ the kids you have that live just outside of district but have attended their entire lives are the same as the ones our coach recruits and brings in as junior and seniors”😂

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Wow Lattimore wasn’t attending Portsmouth before? Could have fooled me.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Nevermind he was the one Ironton recruited.

Remember, if a kid transfers to Ironton, Ironton recruited him. If a kid transfers to Wheelersburg, Ironton recruited him.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:21 pm Nevermind he was the one Ironton recruited.

Remember, if a kid transfers to Ironton, Ironton recruited him. If a kid transfers to Wheelersburg, Ironton recruited him.
Let me correct your definition:

- It’s recruiting when a coach/team staff reaches out to a kid about playing football for them. It’s not recruiting if that never occurs.

If Ironton doesn’t want to be accused of recruiting, then they need to stop reaching out to kids about playing football for them.

Remember, these kids (and their family members) that get contacted talk.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:10 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:05 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:59 pm

If Pendleton is openly contacting players it would be very easy to prove. Crazy that no one can prove anything.
It has. Ironton fans just don’t want to believe the comments and claims of parents and relatives. It would take Pendleton himself saying it, and then I still don’t think the kool-aid drinkers would believe it.

Why won’t the state act on it ? Makes no sense .

Good question!! Someone did say on here during the ironton-Canfield South game that the assistant director said something along the lines of they aren't that concerned with recruiting. They just want to see the kids get a good education.

Like was said, show me on time that Coach Woodward was openly seen recruiting a player to Burg or calling a kid on the phone trying to talk a kid into coming to play for him three nights before the big game.

Like what has been said on here a thousand times over the last 4 years, yeah we as Burg fans know that a kid has came to play at Burg but it's always been one kid and at most two. You all can't except the facts that he has brought in 5-7 kids A YEAR for the last 5 years and still yet has nothing to show for it. Still can't win the big game. Guarantee you had Burg's staff had all that talent they would have won one, maybe two titles the last 5 years.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

When you head coach openly talks to a player or calls him on the phone that is called recruiting. Perkins, the boys from Ashland and the Arthur kid from Burg last year. Yeah, good ol' Coach pendleton called him up on Wednesday night last year two days before the Burg-Ironton game and tells him he wants him to come play for him, yeah that's recruiting.

When the Mother of a kid contacts the Head coach of the school and says she would like her son to come play for you in the hopes you can work with him and get him straightened out, that's called he transferred to the new school, actually this last school year and ran track for the new school.

You guys just can't get over the fact without your staff, mainly the ones with the recruiting service your team is medicore at best the last 5 years and probably would have struggled to even win the OVC

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:21 pm Nevermind he was the one Ironton recruited.

😂

And don’t forget, the Burgers have tons of proof but they are all just way too nice to contact the OHSAA and report it. 😂

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Calvin wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:27 pm

😂

And don’t forget, the Burgers have tons of proof but they are all just way too nice to contact the OHSAA and report it. 😂

Why report it? Nothing will be done. The Ohsaa knows it's going on because it's just not only happening in Ohio, it's happening across the country.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:37 pm

😂

Why report it? Nothing will be done. The Ohsaa knows it's going on because it's just not only happening in Ohio, it's happening across the country.
😂😂😂

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

😂

Yes, the only reason we don’t report it is we are too high character! We will take the high road, which is anonymously claim proof and join Butthurt Nation.

It amazing that any kid who transfers to Wheelersburg, athletics are always secondary. They are coming for academics, “to get their head on straight,” “to escape a bad situation.” They just happen to be good athletes! Any kid who transfers to Ironton was recruited (usually “openly”) and is only there to play football.

It’s so easy to just say that Wheelersburg has a great athletics program that kids want to be a part of and have no shame in having built something that people want to take part in. Same as Ironton, at least in football. I think it’s awesome kids are wanting to go to Ironton and willing to change schools to do it. For some reason, Wheelersburgites aren’t proud of it.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:24 pm
When you head coach openly talks to a player or calls him on the phone that is called recruiting. Perkins, the boys from Ashland and the Arthur kid from Burg last year. Yeah, good ol' Coach pendleton called him up on Wednesday night last year two days before the Burg-Ironton game and tells him he wants him to come play for him, yeah that's recruiting.

When the Mother of a kid contacts the Head coach of the school and says she would like her son to come play for you in the hopes you can work with him and get him straightened out, that's called he transferred to the new school, actually this last school year and ran track for the new school.

You guys just can't get over the fact without your staff, mainly the ones with the recruiting service your team is medicore at best the last 5 years and probably would have struggled to even win the OVC
Don’t forget that Ironton contacted Lattimore as well before his mom moved him to Burg.

Problem Ironton fans have with understanding this: they think what Pendleton is doing is okay. They think it’s normal. Sadly it’s not, but they are conditioned to thinking it is. Even have convinced themselves that all successful programs do it!

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Everyone would have a cow if the rule the WV legislation passed regarding transfers in high schools sports here in OH. There have so many kids “transferring” there. It’s almost like a legit transfer portal.

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:19 pm Everyone would have a cow if the rule the WV legislation passed regarding transfers in high schools sports here in OH. There have so many kids “transferring” there. It’s almost like a legit transfer portal.
I think this is the direction that they should go in. I have come to the terms that high school sports are changing. I can't stand the change but it's going in that direction. With technology, kids have different avenues to pursue academics and athletics.

What I think the OHSAA should do is add another tier, (i.e. students can transfer once in high school outside their district but the CB would be three for the next 2 years and count the number yearly. I realize that could cause a headache in division placement, but to me it's a viable solution. In division 1, they could create two playoff tiers based on CB.)

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:27 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:19 pm Everyone would have a cow if the rule the WV legislation passed regarding transfers in high schools sports here in OH. There have so many kids “transferring” there. It’s almost like a legit transfer portal.
I think this is the direction that they should go in. I have come to the terms that high school sports are changing. I can't stand the change but it's going in that direction. With technology, kids have different avenues to pursue academics and athletics.

What I think the OHSAA should do is add another tier, (i.e. students can transfer once in high school outside their district but the CB would be three for the next 2 years and count the number yearly. I realize that could cause a headache in division placement, but to me it's a viable solution. In division 1, they could create two playoff tiers based on CB.)
Would take a lot of number crunching to determine CB and divisions at the point. Very easy to do in WV since they have 3 classes A AA and AAA and the sheer number schools here on top of the private schools already getting nailed with the CB for “transfers”

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:24 pm

Are you kidding me? Is this why Ironton doesn’t play Ashland anymore? Is there proof this is really going on? Wow, high school sports is this important.

Return to “Football”