2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with state champion Cam Boone from Lakewood St. Ed

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with state champion Cam Boone from Lakewood St. Ed

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Cam Boone

School: St Edward High School

Positions played CornerBack

Class: 2024

What is it like having to face so many out-of-state opponents, and does it bother you at all having to do so?
It makes us better as a team and gives us great competition since we’re always going against a top team out of state. It doesn’t bother me at all makes me a better player and also lets me see what other states competition is like.

What was it like winning another state title, and do you feel that Lakewood St. Ed. has the possibility of winning it again this season?
It felt good to be out there and to win back-to-back championships. We definitely have a great shot at winning it again this season which is the goal

If you could pick two Ohio teams to face, who would it be and why?
Massillon since they beat us last year and Moeller again because they always give us a great game.

What's the most challenging thing about being a cornerback, and what's the most rewarding part?
Most challenging thing is having to guard the best athlete on every team that’s why it’s one of the hardest positions or the hardest position on the field. The most rewarding part is that you get interceptions.

Who's the best receiver you've ever gone up against, along with the school he played for?
I’d have to say Canada North’s wide receiver Mekhi who is now in the CFL out of high school.

What was the most shocking part of the 2022 season?
Beating our rivals by 40 points.

Which game are you looking forward to most this season, along with the reasons why?
There are 2 games St. Ignatius since they are our rivals so it’s always a fun game and Massillon because we lost last year and I want to beat them.

With this being your final high school football season, have you prepared any differently than you have in the past?
Yes by stepping up being a leader and teaching young guys things I know which will help them.

What are your personal goals for the season?
At least 7 interceptions.

If you are invited to play in any of the state-wide all-star games, will you? Why or why not?
Most likely because it’s always fun to play a last game before you head off to college

Can you share with everyone some of the colleges that are recruiting you?
Eastern Michigan, Kent State, Ball State, Toledo, Akron, and Penn State

Where should the state finals be held?
Ohio State

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
It’s not bad I mean some underdog teams have the chance to beat a high-level team to make a name for themselves

What is your favorite class or subject?
Math

Where is the best local spot to grab a bite?
Chic Fa La

If you could go back in time to any time period, what period would it be?
When I was a child

Return to “Football”