LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Tanelle Rose from Brush High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Tanelle Rose

School Brush High School

Positions played Running back

Class 2024

How long have you played football, along with some of the reasons you continue to play?
I’ve been playing since I was 5 and started at Cleveland Heights flag football. I play because I eat, sleep, and breathe it

Brush is coming off a rough 2–8 season. What will it take to turn things around this season and make it to the playoffs?
Definitely not one of the best seasons we had a new coaching staff and new dynamics we all had to learn each other most of our players are returning and I believe we will shock a lot of people this year.

What are your personal goals this season?
personally, I want to hit 2k rushing yards I want to be a better leader and motivator on and off the field. Lastly, I want to end my high school season as Mr. Ohio Football

Can you let the readers know some of the things you have done this off-season to make you even more of a force this season?
This off-season I have dedicated myself to becoming more focused and driven by motivating myself to eat better, and work out better which will in return help me perform better on the field. My physique will shock a lot more people this upcoming season

What has been your favorite moment on the football field?
My favorite moment on the football field was my Sophomore season when I tied the school record for most touchdowns in a single game

Are there any college or pro running backs that you model your game after? If so, would you name them?
When it comes to my running style I studied Eddie George and Adrian Peterson so much do my mom placed me in a ballet which now I wished I continued because middle school and my freshman year I was really doing my thing, especially with tip-toeing

In the game, you guys put up 73 on Toledo Bowsher; at what point were the starters yanked?
In that game, I believe we got took the second quarter before halftime

Where should the state finals be held?
This year state finals should be held at the Cleveland Browns stadium for sure major!!!

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I think it’s a good way to help the underdogs make major upsets it will change the game of football

What is your favorite play to run?
My favorite play to run is an outside zone.

Who has been the best player you have ever played against, along with the team he played for?
the best player I played against off-hand is Delond Moss Willoughby South

Which road stadium is the toughest to play in, and why do you believe it is the toughest?
Going to Sylvania Southview is rough their field is horrible it’s a huge mountain and plenty of dips over the field a major accident waiting to happen no one should be able to play there. The fans are also really into football

Who is your favorite pro football team?
A lot of people will not like me for this but it’s definitely the Pittsburgh Steelers.

What is your favorite class or subject?
My favorite subject is math.

Where is the best local spot to grab a bite?
The best local spot to grab a bite of food would be Black box fix omg Philly and Parmesan fries.

Return to “Football”