LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Justin Thomas from Columbus Centennial

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Justin Thomas

School •Centennial High School

Class 2025

Positions played TE/DE

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve played for about 2 years and what keeps me playing is just getting better day by day and by making me physically and mentally tough & last getting to the next level.

The numbers seem to be down around the city for the most part. As a player, can you share some of the things you do to try and get your classmates to come out and play?
I’ve tried to tell some of my friends to play and just encourage them day by day and some of my basketball teammates

Where do you feel the state finals should be held?
I feel like the state finals should be held at TOSU so it could give the teams the exposure they need and let them enjoy playing in a next-level stadium

How much time do you spend watching films and training during the season on your own?
I’m not going to sit here and say I’m a film maniac but as of right now film isn’t up right now so when I’m studying plays or watching film on a next-level team I would say about every 2 days.

I cover many of the Columbus City League games as a fan and a member of http://pafootballnews.com. I love the Thursday and Saturday afternoon and night games. As a player, how do you feel about them?
I feel like as of right now it’s a good source because I feel like compared to the OCC the CCS doesn’t really get the love that the OCC gets so it’s definitely great coverage and giving kids in the CCS the exposure they need

Last season, the Star finished with a 2-7 record. What will it take to turn things around and push for a playoff slot?
I feel like as a team we need to work and push each other and with just a new bunch of coaching staff and players it’s definitely not going to be the same results because we are all in and looking to turn a lot of heads

With your height list at 6-7 you are a nightmare match up for anyone trying to guard you. As far as tight end goes, how much are you hoping to be involved in the pass game this season, and what goals offensively have you set for yourself?
I’m hoping that I get involved a lot but I know I will be blocking also so the goal for me is to just help my teammate as much as possible & the goals I’ve set for myself is to get stronger and get my footwork right and just learn the techniques and I feel like I will be a problem.

Which of the two positions you are listed as playing, Tight end and defensive end, do you think you are best at?
I really can’t say right now but I like playing tight end the most but I also like Defensive End I feel like I will be a problem at both

What is your favorite class or subject?
My favorite class has to be either History or Math.

What other sports, if any, do you play?
I play Volleyball & Basketball I’m very versatile that’s also what makes me different from a lot of athletes

Who is your favorite athlete?
My Favorite athlete is Steph Curry

Return to “Football”