LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight with Roderick (Trey) Peterson from Centennial High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Roderick (trey) Peterson

School Centennial high school

Class 2024

Positions played QB

What are the toughest things about two-a-day practices?
Toughest thing about 2 a days is the test on your mental strength when you are exhausted with no physical strength left.

During the off-season, what were you able to accomplish to aid you in becoming a better player this season?
During the offseason, I was Working on being more consistent.

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve been playing for 11 years and the things that have kept me playing are the overall enjoyment/love, the opportunity it gives me, and the discipline.

Which side of the ball do you feel you are best at?
Offense for sure

After watching some of your HUDL highlights, the biggest thing that stuck out to me was when you were playing QB and you were moving around. No matter which way you moved, your eyes always seemed to be looking downfield, trying to find the open receiver, and once you found him, you released the ball as quickly as possible. Can you break down all that goes into doing this?
For me personally, you need a lot of reps and experience playing outside the pocket, and most importantly you have to be confident and not afraid to get hit.

The numbers seem to be down around the city for the most part. As a player, can you share some of the things you do to try and get your classmates to come out and play?
I just have to build a relationship with them and bug them to come out and play and show them good results on the field.

With this being your final high school season, have you done anything differently to prepare for the season?
I have been pushing myself harder mainly.

Have you heard from any schools about playing at the next level? If so, could you name one or two of them?
Yes, I’ve heard from a few but the only one that offered me was Ottierbine so far.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models to the younger kids who come and watch you play?
Yes, I do we are actually helping out with a little league football team called the Ice soon.

Are you hoping to be invited to play in any of the All-Star games after the season is over?
Definitely, I want to play with all the best on one field I feel that it would be a great experience.

Where do you feel the state finals should be held?
Either the Ohio State football field or one of the two NFL teams we have in Ohio.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I feel like it is good it gives more teams more chances to play.

Who was the best player the Stars faced last season, along with the team he played for and some of the things that made him so good?
We faced a lot of good players and I can not pick just one.

What is your favorite class or subject?
My favorite subject in school is math.

Do you read or post on any message boards?
Not really I do write my goals down in my notebook though

What is one food you like that most others do not?
A lot of people I know do not like spinach but I love it

Return to “Football”