LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Aurelius Scott from Columbus Beechcroft

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Aurelius Scott

School Beechcroft high school

Class 2024

Positions played Quarterback

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I have been playing football for 10 years now. I love the game and the competitiveness I have to win.

In your opinion, what is the most difficult part of playing high school football?
Winning a state championship is definitely the most difficult part because once you get to the playoffs you can't really afford to make mistakes in order to get to the championship.

What was the best and worst part of the 2022 season?
The best part is when we played on national television because not everyone gets to do that in high school. The worst part was the injuries we had to go through including myself.

Who was the best team that Beechcroft faced last season, along with the reasons that made them so tough?
Big Walnut was the best team we faced because of their run game with Nate Severs and then when they kept blitzing on defense causing me to get out of the pocket every play.

With this being your final high school football season, have you prepared any differently than you have in the past?
Yes, I haven’t missed a day in the weight room and my mindset is at a different level this summer.

What goals do you have, not only for yourself but for the Cougars as a team?
To win our league again, run the score up on teams, and to make it out of the first round, and go as far as we can in the playoffs.

If you could change one rule as far as high school football goes, what would it be, along with your reason?
The transfer rule I would at least change to they could start playing after half the season instead of just playing the first half of the season.

I cover a lot of the Columbus City League games as a fan and a member of pafootballnews.com. I love the Thursday and Saturday afternoon and night games. As a player, how do you feel about them?
I don't really like the Thursday games because we still have to get up and go to school in the morning but the Saturday games are cool it makes me kind of get the feeling for college football

What's your game-day routine?
My routine is I eat the team meal, get some team laughs, go review over our game plan, turn on my gameday music, get dressed, and then start warming up.

What have you done during the off-season to improve your game for this season?
Studying Film, weight lifting, and small mechanics.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams making the playoffs for each region?
I don't mind it because that means that there is an opportunity to play more football.

Where should the state finals be held?
I think the state championship is fine in Canton because after people play there it might inspire them to want to be in the Hall of Fame stadium again one day.

What is your favorite class or subject?
My favorite subject is probably government because it helps prepare you for what you need to know in the real world.

What is your favorite activity outside of participating in sports?
I like to play video games like Fortnite or Madden and fall guys, and I also like to spend time with friends and family

Who is your favorite sports team?
My favorite team is the Seahawks aka the 2024 SB champs #Gogeno

Return to “Football”