Gridiron Glory: Thoughts?

rockinginreedsville
Waterboy

Gridiron Glory: Thoughts?

Post by rockinginreedsville »

I'm a father of three boys who love football, and this year was my first year as an Eastern Eagle. I've heard a lot about Gridiron Glory, the WOUB show about Southeastern Ohio high school football. I just recently learned that it's a student production from Ohio University, and outside of some glitchy technical things, I would have never guessed it wasn't professional. My favorite was the senior reporter Jack Demmler, he's like a young Scott Van Pelt.

Some folks I've talked to have differing opinions about the production, I was curious what the general thoughts from the forum are about the latest season. Did you watch? What did you think if you did?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Gridiron Glory: Thoughts?

Post by danicalifornia »

I watch when I can. It’s fun to see how much better it gets week to week as the students continue to figure things out.

TSLadvocate
Waterboy

Post by TSLadvocate »

I like the show, I hope the TSL is included in their coverage this year.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Honestly I preferred the old radio show that gave all the scores and included Rustys thoughts and recipes for great tailgate food. Actullay that was most of the show. Him rambling about food. Scores were secondary but it was still fun.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:22 pm Honestly I preferred the old radio show that gave all the scores and included Rustys thoughts and recipes for great tailgate food. Actullay that was most of the show. Him rambling about food. Scores were secondary but it was still fun.
Yes, C Sultan was the best. If he would have been able to remember to include YORK when referring to the Nelsonville team he never would have gotten fired from the SEO gig. But it all worked out because the Athens station couldn’t wait to hire him. If you’re wondering, he still has hopes of getting syndicated so he can be heard nationally. And yes the tailgating was a huge hit for sure. But it is all about the kids. Well, C Sultan too :mrgreen:

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

rockinginreedsville wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:45 pm I'm a father of three boys who love football, and this year was my first year as an Eastern Eagle. I've heard a lot about Gridiron Glory, the WOUB show about Southeastern Ohio high school football. I just recently learned that it's a student production from Ohio University, and outside of some glitchy technical things, I would have never guessed it wasn't professional. My favorite was the senior reporter Jack Demmler, he's like a young Scott Van Pelt.

Some folks I've talked to have differing opinions about the production, I was curious what the general thoughts from the forum are about the latest season. Did you watch? What did you think if you did?
You do an outstanding job Jack...keep up the good work!

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Gallia county could benefit from a show like this. Maybe get the old dude to do the show while wearing his Bike coaching shorts.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Martin was horrible. I don’t know anyone that enjoyed listening to him talk about how “great” he was when he played. Funny thing, no one I’ve talked to even remembers him playing. And the recipe BS was ridiculous. No wonder he got fired twice. :mrgreen:

Long live the Guru!

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Are there any postgame radio shows anymore? Would love to have something to tune into for scores of the local games at least.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

WKKJ still holds the scoreboard show after the games on Friday night which is more focused on the Chillicothe/ surrounding area.

As for Gridiron Glory it’s one of my favorite things to watch when getting home from the games. I enjoy seeing the students of OU providing coverage for all of SE Ohio.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

You get good highlights from the region & it seems to be a great way for the kids to gain experience in Broadcasting

Im no expert, but i feel they do a good job, & can tell its a good learning tool for those involved.

I’ve been warching it stradily, the past 2-years.

Return to “Football”