OTHER THAN IRONTON OR WHEELERSBURG

Ironmen98
All State

OTHER THAN IRONTON OR WHEELERSBURG

Post by Ironmen98 »

Is there any good teams or players in the area other than Ironton or Wheelersburg ?

RBH23
S

Re: OTHER THAN IRONTON OR WHEELERSBURG

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:53 pm Is there any good teams or players in the area other than Ironton or Wheelersburg ?
Lots of good players on other teams, however depth tends to be a problem for the SOC/OVC schools once you get past Burg and Ironton. And numbers/depth make a difference in team success.

Take the SOC: Burg will be the only school to field a freshman team and will have a significant numbers advantage over the other schools, including Waverly. Burg could easily have 10-20 kid advantage in football participation over the other SOC schools.

Ironton has the same numbers advantage, plus a significant advantage in talent.

The other OVC/SOC schools need more boys coming out for football to have any sustained success.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:14 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:53 pm Is there any good teams or players in the area other than Ironton or Wheelersburg ?
Lots of good players on other teams, however depth tends to be a problem for the SOC/OVC schools once you get past Burg and Ironton. And numbers/depth make a difference in team success.

Take the SOC: Burg will be the only school to field a freshman team and will have a significant numbers advantage over the other schools, including Waverly. Burg could easily have 10-20 kid advantage in football participation over the other SOC schools.

The other OVC/SOC schools need more boys coming out for football to have any sustained success.

Thank you for taking the opportunity to talk more about Wheelersburg and Ironton.

Again, any good talent out there other than Ironton and Wheelersburg?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:14 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:14 pm

Thank you for taking the opportunity to talk more about Wheelersburg and Ironton.

Again, any good talent out there other than Ironton and Wheelersburg?
LOL! I misunderstood your post and thought you were asking the question to be a smarta$$.

From what I saw last year: like the Minford QB; will be a sophomore this year. Also the running back from Waverly, Hurd.

As for teams in the SOC, expect Minford to be better. Waverly could be good depending on the numbers that come out. West lost some key players, not sure they will be as good.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

I think you've got teams out there that have some players here and there that are going to have some really nice years and be some of the top players in the area. As far as overall teams go I don't know that I see too many making deep runs in the playoffs and fewer who will see that 10-0 mark. Just some teams and players off the top of my head and I know I'll leave guys out and maybe guys can add to it as players to watch.

Ironton--Cade Wolford will probably lead the area and for sure FAC in all purpose yards. Looking like his brother Bodhi is going to take over the QB duties as Jackson will see a new face under center for the first time in a few years.

Paint Valley--Returns the areas top WR in Carson Free, hearing he's gotten bigger from last year and in the SVC he's going to be a matchup nightmare for teams. Also returning for PV is Braylon Robertson I think he lead them in rushing last season and plays a huge role on defense.

Piketon--He took over late in the year as a freshman but look for Luke Gullion to start at QB for the streaks who could push for the title but more than likely a year away. Luke should be the starter for the next 3 seasons as he tries to surpass the numbers his brother put up.

Wheelersburg--Very well rounded team and it'll be interesting to see what the addition of D. Lattimore from portsmouth brings.

Minford--J. Pica returns for his senior year and will push for top RB in the SOC this season. P. Caudill had a bit of an up and down season as a freshman but that's to be expected it'll be interesting to see if he takes a step forward. Also curious with the success Kaiser had as the basketball season went on if he's starting to come into his own and takes that next step forward at WR.

P.West--Bishop is the main guy I know of them returning but do they have anyone getting him the ball will be the question. West was a very talented team last season but lost quite a bit.

Chillicothe--Someone will have to help here because between the graduating players, Lee especially, and guys like Netter and Galloway transferring not really for sure what they have coming back.

Eastern Pike--Not necessarily one player in particular to pay attention to with these guys but I do believe this was the year they were really hoping to make some noise. They tied for the SOC1 title last year and lost very few players from that team, so overall I just think they're a team to keep an eye on could be seeing them put together the highest winning totals in schools short football history.

Waverly--Lost a group of impactful players but return a lot of talent and guys that got varsity experience last year as youngsters. The QB Mason Kelly will be a junior and his 2nd season as starting QB and last year lead the SOC in passing. J. Hurd one of the areas top RBs will be competing against Pica for that top RB spot in SOCII play. Outside of Hudson Kelly, Waverly returns the entire WR group. Depth behind Hurd will be the biggest question there.

Miami Trace--Garrett Guess will probably end up being the top WR in the FAC and the area as a whole, big bodied WR with great hands. The QB Trey Robinette should be solid going into his JR year.

Unioto--Lost a ton of players to graduation but they do return Hoops at QB for his senior year and he should lead the way for them.

Portsmouth--Have to replace the QB again but I think the biggest question coming out of Portsmouth right now is will JoJo Parkers boy see the field as a freshman at RB.

Northwest--Moving up to SOCII going to be tough Lintz left and went to Ironton but sounds like he came back so it'll be interesting to see how he handles SOCII play.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for Ironman98, I know I left off players and didn't discuss certain teams wasn't meant as a slight to any players these are just some of the players and teams going into this upcoming season to keep an eye on.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley will have a very talented sophomore rb and qb but not a lot after that

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Thanks guys , keep them coming. This site is about dead due to the goofy arguing by a few. Please use this thread for kids who or teams that aren’t into that garbage. Who cares if a team don’t win the regional or even make the playoffs. I’d like to hear about the local players. Minford I hear has a nice running back, not sure name .

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Reedsville Eastern will have one of the best backs in SEO. They should make a deep playoff run too in a wide open region. With the lighter schedule they could very easily go undefeated in the regular season.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:53 am Thanks guys , keep them coming. This site is about dead due to the goofy arguing by a few. Please use this thread for kids who or teams that aren’t into that garbage. Who cares if a team don’t win the regional or even make the playoffs. I’d like to hear about the local players. Minford I hear has a nice running back, not sure name .
Pica is the Minford RB and he’s an absolute stud.

Who Dey!
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

PTrojan59 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:03 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:53 am Thanks guys , keep them coming. This site is about dead due to the goofy arguing by a few. Please use this thread for kids who or teams that aren’t into that garbage. Who cares if a team don’t win the regional or even make the playoffs. I’d like to hear about the local players. Minford I hear has a nice running back, not sure name .
Pica is the Minford RB and he’s an absolute stud.
Ok thank you. I hear he is special.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:39 am Reedsville Eastern will have one of the best backs in SEO. They should make a deep playoff run too in a wide open region. With the lighter schedule they could very easily go undefeated in the regular season.
Nice , they always seem to be solid .

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:09 am I think you've got teams out there that have some players here and there that are going to have some really nice years and be some of the top players in the area. As far as overall teams go I don't know that I see too many making deep runs in the playoffs and fewer who will see that 10-0 mark. Just some teams and players off the top of my head and I know I'll leave guys out and maybe guys can add to it as players to watch.

Ironton--Cade Wolford will probably lead the area and for sure FAC in all purpose yards. Looking like his brother Bodhi is going to take over the QB duties as Jackson will see a new face under center for the first time in a few years.

Paint Valley--Returns the areas top WR in Carson Free, hearing he's gotten bigger from last year and in the SVC he's going to be a matchup nightmare for teams. Also returning for PV is Braylon Robertson I think he lead them in rushing last season and plays a huge role on defense.

Piketon--He took over late in the year as a freshman but look for Luke Gullion to start at QB for the streaks who could push for the title but more than likely a year away. Luke should be the starter for the next 3 seasons as he tries to surpass the numbers his brother put up.

Wheelersburg--Very well rounded team and it'll be interesting to see what the addition of D. Lattimore from portsmouth brings.

Minford--J. Pica returns for his senior year and will push for top RB in the SOC this season. P. Caudill had a bit of an up and down season as a freshman but that's to be expected it'll be interesting to see if he takes a step forward. Also curious with the success Kaiser had as the basketball season went on if he's starting to come into his own and takes that next step forward at WR.

P.West--Bishop is the main guy I know of them returning but do they have anyone getting him the ball will be the question. West was a very talented team last season but lost quite a bit.

Chillicothe--Someone will have to help here because between the graduating players, Lee especially, and guys like Netter and Galloway transferring not really for sure what they have coming back.

Eastern Pike--Not necessarily one player in particular to pay attention to with these guys but I do believe this was the year they were really hoping to make some noise. They tied for the SOC1 title last year and lost very few players from that team, so overall I just think they're a team to keep an eye on could be seeing them put together the highest winning totals in schools short football history.

Waverly--Lost a group of impactful players but return a lot of talent and guys that got varsity experience last year as youngsters. The QB Mason Kelly will be a junior and his 2nd season as starting QB and last year lead the SOC in passing. J. Hurd one of the areas top RBs will be competing against Pica for that top RB spot in SOCII play. Outside of Hudson Kelly, Waverly returns the entire WR group. Depth behind Hurd will be the biggest question there.

Miami Trace--Garrett Guess will probably end up being the top WR in the FAC and the area as a whole, big bodied WR with great hands. The QB Trey Robinette should be solid going into his JR year.

Unioto--Lost a ton of players to graduation but they do return Hoops at QB for his senior year and he should lead the way for them.

Portsmouth--Have to replace the QB again but I think the biggest question coming out of Portsmouth right now is will JoJo Parkers boy see the field as a freshman at RB.

Northwest--Moving up to SOCII going to be tough Lintz left and went to Ironton but sounds like he came back so it'll be interesting to see how he handles SOCII play.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for Ironman98, I know I left off players and didn't discuss certain teams wasn't meant as a slight to any players these are just some of the players and teams going into this upcoming season to keep an eye on.
How will Minford look across the trenches? Also, their depth?

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:32 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:09 am I think you've got teams out there that have some players here and there that are going to have some really nice years and be some of the top players in the area. As far as overall teams go I don't know that I see too many making deep runs in the playoffs and fewer who will see that 10-0 mark. Just some teams and players off the top of my head and I know I'll leave guys out and maybe guys can add to it as players to watch.

Minford's depth isn't great so they will for sure need to stay healthy but like most teams in the area there's typically a drop off from the starter to the backup. Trenches they should be ok there, they only graduated 4 guys and really only 1 of them is going to be tough to find someone to fill his shoes. As he was their big OT and LB didn't see anyone on the roster that's going to fill those shoes. In the trenches is what is going to determine their season for sure as they struggled to stop the run last season.

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

TVC-Ohio
Alexander has been getting a little better. Was just outside of the playoffs last year. Started to struggle toward the end of the season last year.

Athens should be a little improved I would think. They had a freshman last year, last name is Sharp, he will be a pretty good ball player by the time he’s a senior. Have still yet to win a non-conference game with their current coach.

Nelsonville-York, returns a ton. Think another 9-1 season is on the the table. Should be stronger up front on both sides of the ball and very fast in the backfield. Region 23 is going to fun to watch, it is loaded with the addition of Garaway and Newark Catholic.

Meigs always has some athletes. Not really sure what all they return. They are getting new turf I heard which is nice.

River Valley I think will just be looking to improve.

Vinton County has strengthened its program over the last few years. They are big and have good numbers. I imagine their trip over to NY week 9 will be for the Ohio crown.

Wellston unfortunately has struggled recently. Hopefully the staff can get kids out and start building the program back up.

Go Bucks!!
Jussmypinion
Waterboy

Post by Jussmypinion »

I'm not sure JoJo's kid even attends Portsmouth anymore. He got to running with a questionable crowd. I know JoJo sent him back to live with his mom due to him not wanting to obey his rules, so I'm not sure where he's attending now. Kid is still fast as lightening though, I seen a clip of him running and I'd say he's 4.5 -4.6 40 time for sure.

Footballtalk
Waterboy

Post by Footballtalk »

Minford depth is the main thing stopping them from success id say. As far as trenches they have some nice players including a returning SOC 2 1st team player. Not sure of the name someone check me on this but he’s a college size offensive lineman pretty freaking good too. Minford should be able to compete for the SOC for sure this year though.

LetsRide
Waterboy

Post by LetsRide »

Footballtalk wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:46 pm

Minford depth is the main thing stopping them from success id say. As far as trenches they have some nice players including a returning SOC 2 1st team player. Not sure of the name someone check me on this but he’s a college size offensive lineman pretty freaking good too. Minford should be able to compete for the SOC for sure this year though.
Owen Blaine 6’4 300

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

LetsRide wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:16 pm

Owen Blaine 6’4 300
I believe he will be a 4yr starter. He started his freshman year at Northwest.

Footballtalk
Waterboy

Post by Footballtalk »

LetsRide wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:16 pm

Owen Blaine 6’4 300
Yep that’s the kid very physical Offensive lineman.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Pica is his name and he’s an animal! He’s a player that can literally carry a team, although there are other good players to spread it out a bit. They will definitely give teams a tough game.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!

Return to “Football”