2023 Post-Season interview with Noah Patterson Ironton High School

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Post-Season interview with Noah Patterson Ironton High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Noah Patterson

School Ironton

Positions Played TE/MLB/DE/DT/OG/OT/C

What was the one goal you set for yourself heading into the 2022 season?
Win a state championship was my one goal, which should’ve been for the whole team.

After two days were completed, what goal did you have for your team?
We’re pretty focused and locked in and working extremely hard day in and day out. We wanted to win a ring together.

Which side of the ball do you prefer to play on? Why?
I enjoy both sides of the ball and don’t truly have a preferred favorite, but if I had to choose I’d go with defense. I enjoy being able to impose my will against someone and make them fear me the whole game.

During the regular season, who was the toughest team to prepare for? Why?
There is no particular team that was the toughest to prepare for since all teams have their differences/ different attributes to them.

As far as road games went during the regular season, which stadium did you enjoy playing at the most? Can you explain why?
Playing in The Hall of Fame stadium in canton. It was a huge memory for me to be playing in there in the biggest game of the whole season.

What were the best and worst parts of the season?
The best parts of the season were being with my teammates and making memories with them, and just making it to state again and playing by their side the whole season. The worst part though was seeing us fall short again of the biggest goal that all of us wanted to achieve.

What will you remember most about the 2022 class?
I will always remember this class for their leadership, accountability, integrity, dedication, and hard work

What other sports do you play?
I didn’t choose to play basketball this year but will end up playing my last year at Ironton. I also will be picking up track and field this year.

Can you tell us some of the schools you are getting recruited by?
The colleges/schools that are interested or recruiting me are: Wake Forest, VT, Miami of OH, Kent St, Ohio, Toledo, Navy, WVU, UMass, Cincinnati, and Akron

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Post-Season interview with Noah Patterson Ironton High School

Post by VetteMan »

I think it goes without saying just how far that you have to travel, and the distances that you have to go too during the season to be able to watch as many games that you do. No doubt most of your interviews would probably happen post-season. I was just wondering if there is a procedure that you have to follow, whether it be a Coach or an individual player that you decide to interview. Do you have to get permission from someone at the school, or can you just contact the Coach himself ? Also, I would hope that you would be able to do the interviews by phone. Does the Coach select a certain player for you to interview, or how does that situation unfold ?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I contact the player and coach on Twitter.
I do try and get interviews with the teams I watch but with so many teams I will reach out to others also.
It seems hard to get in touch with coaches and players from the SEOP area.
The post-season interviews are newly starting late last year.
I have in the past done interviews that deal with the upcoming season but start them in June or so.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:19 am I contact the player and coach on Twitter.
I do try and get interviews with the teams I watch but with so many teams I will reach out to others also.
I have in the past done interviews that deal with the upcoming season but start them in June or so.
Thank you. Sorry for asking so many questions.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

VetteMan wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:18 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:19 am I contact the player and coach on Twitter.
I enjoy them and it lets me know others are reading the interviews.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

i’ve been following your articles for years. pick em games that you are going to attend. i’m almsot certain a few years ago. that you went to only the games that were voted on by people on here. you would list a slate of games and we would pick the game/games you were goin to attend.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:18 am

thanks for asking the questions. i’m sure there has been numerous people with the exact same thing on their kinds but instead of askin they just continued to wonder ha. good job !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Thanks. I have in the past let voters pick my game. I still owe a game at South Point because the game of theirs I was going to was canceled or postponed. Either way it was not played. I hope to repay that debt this season.

Return to “Football”