Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

Better Put on your water boots it's getting deep on here from all the Fighting Tigers haters lol

GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, HOOK'EM HORNS, HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS
SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

GAME DAY! Time to prove yourself! Let’s get it! #WestSideFootball

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

GAMEDAY Tigers!

Time to prove Who’s the baddest kid on the block.

Ironton is motivated… Lookout

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

XandOs wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:45 am GAMEDAY Tigers!

Time to prove Who’s the baddest kid on the block.

Ironton is motivated… Lookout
Just curious with you knowing the Pendletons as well as you do or it seems on here. How are they preparing themselves to coach against the team and community they once played for? This is definitely a different game for them as coaches and it’s not just a regular season game but a playoff game as well. I’m pretty sure you could probably answer this for me or anyone else that is wondering about this. Go Tigers

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Just know them from their time here in The Big I. I can tell you they are competitors and they are Fighting Tigers now. I think this gives them a little extra motivation to win. I’m sure the Tigers are ready to go.

I expect them to play with a chip on their shoulder.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

XandOs wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:56 am Just know them from their time here in The Big I. I can tell you they are competitors and they are Fighting Tigers now. I think this gives them a little extra motivation to win. I’m sure the Tigers are ready to go.

I expect them to play with a chip on their shoulder.
That’s good to hear. Go Tigers

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

IrontonTigers#1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:43 am Better Put on your water boots it's getting deep on here from all the Fighting Tigers haters lol
I sent that weather to you from that cat 1 hurricane.
It”ll get”em ready for anything!!!

GoTigersG0

#GoTgo

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

Is this being live streamed anywhere?

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

JFLRADIO Big Mor wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:38 am Is this being live streamed anywhere?
ohsaa.tv
cost is $9.99

Ovenmit
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovenmit »

fielddaddy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:00 pm
mustard wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:16 pm
clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:43 pm What is wrong with some of you? How many of you know Coach Pendleton personally? Some of you are just cry babies, jealous people, former coaches who lost your job, lose to Ironton over and over. How about all the summer days that he is working younger kids out for FREE, parents bringing their kids there because they don't have money to send them to camps. Bringing them to Ironton because he shows the hard work and dedication to improving the skills of all kids no matter what school they attend. Don't knock him because he is a WINNER and he is working harder then your coach. If that is recruiting then why isn't your coach putting in those extra FREE hours? who doesn't want to play for a winner? Who doesn't want to play for a school who has won how many OVC championships? Who doesn't want to play for a coaching staff that has been to state finals the last few years?? Who doesn't want to play for a coach who has Div. 1 connections?

If he is recruiting and doing all these illegal things why hasn't he been suspended by OHSAA, fired?? You all know why--because you all are full of jealousy because he is kicking your son's rear end and the school he plays for. I'm also amazed at how when some of the people on here complaining, crying, etc... call it recruiting by Ironton but call it transfers when talking about the players that come to their school from others. Talking about the pot calling the kettle black----Grow up!!! Just maybe you are mad because you aren't getting those so called RECRUITS (transfers) coming to your team.

I know him personally and he has worked his tail off to get where he is. He is a winner and has been at every level.
Great Post Dad! His winning has nothing to do with transfers. :roll:

Who has the better Roster, Ohio State or Indiana? You've got to have talent bro. I'm in favor of the transfers, recruiting, but don't call out other coaches like they are slouches and don't put the work in. Far from the truth. Pendleton is out their tyring to get kids to come to from northwest to huntington. he's talking to a bunch of them, probably indirectly but he's talking to them. Geez your whole first paragraph was a recruiting statement.

Burg and Ashland both have won a state title in the last 5 years. How's come they ain't getting kids in?

Oh that's right, the other coaches ain't putting their time in and getting d1 connections. :?
Bring to prove mustard bring transcripts photos witnesses not just talk.
Pendleton does do a lot in the summer for the kids he brings in coaches from major college programs to speak to kids and other area coaches.
Yes there is a few area coaches that can't stand Ironton that is a problem they need to overcome.
As far as kids transferring in great let them they still have to earn their way to play it's not given.
As far as recruiting I am sure he has been investigated over and over by the state and yet nothing.
This week Ironton focuses on a very good Portsmouth West team.
And I expect West to give them a fight and it will be tight till half Ironton will make adjustments and depth will start setting in.
Irontons Linebackers are machines it seems and their young D-Line has improved by leaps and bounds .
Secondary struggled early in the year but is playing better.
The offense speaks for it's self the passing game is incredible and the rushing game is waiting to explode.
Good Luck to Ironton and may both teams come out healthy
Very very well said. No rules have been broken. Just a lot of hard-work and determination by a coach and coaches that want to be successful and see kids prosper from it.
Other schools and coaches,get off your dead butt and make your program better

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

gotta be a special game for Pendtln

electric night. enjoy it.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

frankie wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:42 am
JFLRADIO Big Mor wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:38 am Is this being live streamed anywhere?
ohsaa.tv
cost is $9.99
I AM READY!!!

Safe Play for Both squads so the march continues healthily!

GoTigersGo

#GoTgo
Attachments
01489D3A-6107-4285-BAC2-9DA4F8AE7389.jpeg

NoseyRosey
Waterboy

Post by NoseyRosey »

mustard wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:23 pm Some of you Ironton fans act like he’s some sort of god

bunch of odd ducks the lot of you.

I bet some of you got his autograph.
Preach on Mustard! :D

You gotta know Ironton to get where they're coming from. If you live there then there is legit nothing to be proud of other than grabbing onto the bandwagon led by this Pied Piper and a bunch of kids that couldn't even tell you who Bob Lutz was until they mysteriously ended up enrolling at IHS. It will only be a matter of time before someone reports them but by then he will probably be a grad assistant at WV Tech or something. The poor Irontonians will have to go back to bragging about the good days when they had 20 bars instead of 10, the Iron plant was up and running, and the Tigers won a state title all while installing more Ring cameras to keep the meth heads from breaking in their cars and whining on Facebook about gas prices. In the meantime... Go Siders!

Paladin `
Waterboy

Post by Paladin ` »

Ironton with the recruits carrying them is the pick.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Ovenmit wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:03 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:00 pm
mustard wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:16 pm

Great Post Dad! His winning has nothing to do with transfers. :roll:

Who has the better Roster, Ohio State or Indiana? You've got to have talent bro. I'm in favor of the transfers, recruiting, but don't call out other coaches like they are slouches and don't put the work in. Far from the truth. Pendleton is out their tyring to get kids to come to from northwest to huntington. he's talking to a bunch of them, probably indirectly but he's talking to them. Geez your whole first paragraph was a recruiting statement.

Burg and Ashland both have won a state title in the last 5 years. How's come they ain't getting kids in?

Oh that's right, the other coaches ain't putting their time in and getting d1 connections. :?
Bring to prove mustard bring transcripts photos witnesses not just talk.
Pendleton does do a lot in the summer for the kids he brings in coaches from major college programs to speak to kids and other area coaches.
Yes there is a few area coaches that can't stand Ironton that is a problem they need to overcome.
As far as kids transferring in great let them they still have to earn their way to play it's not given.
As far as recruiting I am sure he has been investigated over and over by the state and yet nothing.
This week Ironton focuses on a very good Portsmouth West team.
And I expect West to give them a fight and it will be tight till half Ironton will make adjustments and depth will start setting in.
Irontons Linebackers are machines it seems and their young D-Line has improved by leaps and bounds .
Secondary struggled early in the year but is playing better.
The offense speaks for it's self the passing game is incredible and the rushing game is waiting to explode.
Good Luck to Ironton and may both teams come out healthy
Very very well said. No rules have been broken. Just a lot of hard-work and determination by a coach and coaches that want to be successful and see kids prosper from it.
Other schools and coaches,get off your dead butt and make your program better
Love when people say “just get better”. As much as you all want to think this works like college it doesn’t. How exactly do you want programs to “get better” when their talent leaves. All for false hopes, promises, and asterisks next to their wins. I understand wanting what’s best for their kids but come on man. There is literally kids on the team with addresses in Ironton that don’t see their parents until the weekend, just so they can play football there. Because they will get D1 recognition supposedly. That blows my mind that people are that stupid. I’m not blaming coach Pendleton but I do question what goes through some of you peoples head. What are you teaching your kids? Hey I’m too good for my current team, peace out. Things getting tough? Let’s bail. I got news for you all. Either you are born with it or you are not. What high school you attend doesn’t do a darn thing. In todays age with film, if you are good, have the physical attributes, they will find you. Heck look at Trevon. How in the world did he go to Michigan State? He didn’t go to Ironton? How is that possible? He had great stats, worked hard, good grades, and went to camps all over the country to get recognized. Lots has changed in 12 years since then, but that will still get you to the next level. Blaine Scott from East going to WVU as a lineman. East ?! And before I say this I will preface it. I am not knocking any kid at all. Saying this is not a knock at all because I follow and root for all area teams. But what is the difference of a kid being 3rd or 4th string at Ohio State or a kid going to a MAC school and starting. Or even playing at a D2 or 3 to play and go get a degree. Ryan Sissel was on the field at Ohio Stadium two weekends ago. Will he get a scholarship offer from them? Probably not. He very well will probably end up going to a smaller school and playing but he is a tremendous player. And he’s not the only one on this roster that is capable, we just don’t pretend that playing at West is the only way to get you to the next level. I hope for a great game tonight and one that we will never forget. The entire West Side is on your side boys and we all believe in you. Go shock the the world and no matter what, your hard work and accomplishments will live on forever. I’m an Ohio state fan but I always liked this quote from Bo Shembeckler. After getting the job at UM they were in a very bad place in the program and losing many players to go elsewhere. When he addressed the team he was quoted saying, “Those who stay will be champions”. These boys did just that. Go get another win. Beep beep there goes a Sider

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

NoseyRosey wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:38 pm
mustard wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:23 pm Some of you Ironton fans act like he’s some sort of god

You gotta know Ironton to get where they're coming from. If you live there then there is legit nothing to be proud of other than grabbing onto the bandwagon led by this Pied Piper and a bunch of kids that couldn't even tell you who Bob Lutz was until they mysteriously ended up enrolling at IHS. It will only be a matter of time before someone reports them but by then he will probably be a grad assistant at WV Tech or something. The poor Irontonians will have to go back to bragging about the good days when they had 20 bars instead of 10, the Iron plant was up and running, and the Tigers won a state title all while installing more Ring cameras to keep the meth heads from breaking in their cars and whining on Facebook about gas prices. In the meantime... Go Siders!
Your a idiot you just post to get people going.
But I bet stupidly runs well in your family and it’s looked at as a blessing.
People like you abba mustard and won’t and so on just hate Ironton and spew more lies insults than any others combined.
I wish the best for all teams not Ironton but wow you idiots do more to bring this site down to the gutter than anyone.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

First round of drinks at the Ribber are on Coach Pendleton. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Don’t shoot the messenger lol

WWE HALL OF FAME
Trollcat1

Post by Trollcat1 »

Which R19 team wins the rights to the orange & black.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I think it comes down to what are you teaching your kids? Learn to fight through adversity or cut and run when things aren’t going well?

I’m super proud of the West kids for staying the course. Win or loose. Every kid on this team has been there since kindergarten playing together and for one another. That may or may not be enough tonight but it means something to me. Love these boys and it’s been a privilege to watch them grow up

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

fielddaddy wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:12 pm
NoseyRosey wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:38 pm

Your a idiot you just post to get people going.
But I bet stupidly runs well in your family and it’s looked at as a blessing.
People like you abba mustard and won’t and so on just hate Ironton and spew more lies insults than any others combined.
I wish the best for all teams not Ironton but wow you idiots do more to bring this site down to the gutter than anyone.
“Your a idiot…”? 🤦‍♂️

If you’re going to call another person an idiot, don’t make yourself look like one in the process.

Also, it’s “stupidity”, not “stupidly”.

Return to “Football”