Green 36 - 45 Notre Dame 2022 Playoffs

Zone6_11Warriors
Waterboy

Re: Playoffs Notre Dame @ Green

Post by Zone6_11Warriors »

I don't think expansion is fun. Maybe in D1 or D2 but 16 teams come on. Take the top 12, 1-4 gets a buy. To have 16 teams in nooo way

Postgame
Waterboy

Post by Postgame »

Zone6_11Warriors wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:55 am I think ND will win buttttttt..... depends on what ND teams shows up. East just got 3 yard and a cloud of dust against the Titans. This group seems to shut down when things don't go their way. On the flip side, Green has completely fell apart. Played NW tough but after that boom they are on the struggle bus. I think Cassidy gives them the better option at QB because I think he is more athletic than Webb. Best of luck to the Titans. Whoever wins, the real playoffs start next week.
Think you’re wrong that they “give up” when things don’t go their way. Coaches aren’t on the field playing, but when they don’t change things defensively to stop the 3+ yards up the middle all game long, or continue calling the same predictable 5/6 offensive plays, with limited success.
Or calling another run up the middle on third and long….. is that the boys giving up? Or doing what the coaches are wanting?

Zone6_11Warriors
Waterboy

What i meant was, their body language was not very good. It showed signs of them giving up. Not everyone but some. Not here to bash the coaching staff but i've said it before, the defense does not make adjustments. NW ran 3 yard and more but ND never made an adjustment and same for East.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Zone6_11Warriors wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:14 am I don't think expansion is fun. Maybe in D1 or D2 but 16 teams come on. Take the top 12, 1-4 gets a buy. To have 16 teams in nooo way
Agreed. I think that is the best solution as the 1v16 matchups aren't good for anyone. 12 teams/Region (with top 4 seeds getting a first round bye) is the way to go.*

Zone6_11Warriors
Waterboy

Did they do that the year after covid or during covid?

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Postgame wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:56 am
Zone6_11Warriors wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:55 am I think ND will win buttttttt..... depends on what ND teams shows up. East just got 3 yard and a cloud of dust against the Titans. This group seems to shut down when things don't go their way. On the flip side, Green has completely fell apart. Played NW tough but after that boom they are on the struggle bus. I think Cassidy gives them the better option at QB because I think he is more athletic than Webb. Best of luck to the Titans. Whoever wins, the real playoffs start next week.
Think you’re wrong that they “give up” when things don’t go their way. Coaches aren’t on the field playing, but when they don’t change things defensively to stop the 3+ yards up the middle all game long, or continue calling the same predictable 5/6 offensive plays, with limited success.
Or calling another run up the middle on third and long….. is that the boys giving up? Or doing what the coaches are wanting?
I agree 100%… I mean why run basically a 5-2 with 2 corners playing wide and 2 deep safety’s when East has 2 tight ends and 3 in the backfield?? It made no sense…. And when we did get the ball, the play calling was quite questionable. 2nd and long and even 3rd and long trying to run the ball when you proved early that you can throw against that team and the touchdown passes you threw but one was call back on a bs hold call. But time and time again it’s like they have to change it up after each game…
Players can only play in the position that they are put in defensively and offensively and they were put in the position to lose that game! Those kids never let up and played hard until the
very end. The kids deserve better!!!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I think Lodwick has a big game for green and leads them to a win

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

You are 1,000% on point!,

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Tartanblue wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:16 pm I think Lodwick has a big game for green and leads them to a win
Lodwick had a big game last time they played. I believe he scored all 3 tds for Green so it’s gonna take more than Lodwick! From what I have read and seen from there last three games they haven’t gave that boy the ball enough. Kid has speed.

Zone6_11Warriors
Waterboy

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:36 pm
I meant to say was their body language was not very good when things weren't going their way. I'm confused on how you let a WR beat you deep when its 4th and 11. Sit at the sticks, keep everything in front and nothing gets behind you.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck to both teams, may the best team win this Friday. Really hope for an injury free game for both teams.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Zone6_11Warriors wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:35 am
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:36 pm
I meant to say was their body language was not very good when things weren't going their way. I'm confused on how you let a WR beat you deep when its 4th and 11. Sit at the sticks, keep everything in front and nothing gets behind you.
I agree that at times their body language shows but I personally think these kids are smart enough to know certain plays just won’t work and certain defensive sets won’t work. These kids know they are being put in tough situations that aren’t working.

Also hoping for a good tough injury free football game.. one team will move on to basketball and the other has one more week of football that will be as tough as it gets.

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

GAME DAY! Come out to the Furnace tonight the atmosphere is going to be great!

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

Is there any chance of this game being streamed?

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Green 36 - 45 Notre Dame 2022 Playoffs

Post by mattash »

Green 36 - 45 Notre Dame

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”