Region 19 2022

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: DV-Region 19

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Look for the regional semis to come down to Ironton vs West and Harvest Prep vs Burg. Funny enough Ironton vs West could be played at Burg who lost to both teams this season, but could also see the game being played at Portsmouth.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I would think if Wheelersburg is playing, they won’t make them host. So Portsmouth would be the likely site of that one.

Addition to above, D3 and D5 play on same night, so Jackson not an option for D5 until Jackson eliminated, which could be through the region and even state semis if Jackson wins their region.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:46 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:33 pm Yeah I think burg ironton or prep are the best bets. I like burg at this time

How about now ?

?!…..

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

BigTime79 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:15 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:57 pm
ROCH HILL PRIDE! wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:46 pm

How about now ?

?!…..
Burg lost to ironton to start season. Lost to jackson mid season & lost to p west to end reg season. And the soc conf champ p west got beat by the 4th best ovc team this season. Burg is overrated.They havent gotten better as a team.

West should’ve won that game. If they played again West would beat Fairland by 2+ TD’s

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Twoo2Cents00 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:36 pm Burg finished the season last season 5 -0 in their conference. This season they lost their two biggest regional out of conf games, & lost the conf outright to a rival. Not one but two regional rivals finished ahead of them, both losses for them. Based on how often burg fans have explained that burg only gets better every week as the season goes on to then reading this weekend how they were ready to send the O coordinator to Minford or Pwest (maybe in exchange for their next backfield) and observing their observaton that the burg offense lacks stability & possibly identity? One dimensional seems to be a concern for the aging burg staff also which is why they have sorta tried to force a lotta deep balls when the timing and focus just isn't quite there. It feels like they are silently ackowledging that the sorta bland offense just isn't enough. Burg offense managed 10 points vs losses to Ironton & P West combined. A whole bunch has been said about who underachieves and who doesn't. Present body of work, Burg has already underachieved. Ironton has remained consistent and unblemished presently, and P West met their own expectations and are aimed at overachieving. But burg has underachieved. Particularly vs higher ranked r19 teams. I thought I would help burgs fanbase identify where they are right now. They seem to do a solid job keeping track of who & what is worthy of achievement on this site. Wanted to do my part to chip in. Came up short in every game vs highly ranked teams in your region. You are unproven as of now. Lost your conference. Haven't been able to contend for a regional crown in a handful of years now. Been a pretty significant drop off for burg if we are tracking achievement year to year and this season game by game. Stands out pretty bold for burgs reg season body of work. Lost to Ironton at home. Couldn't get in end zone at all. Outmuscled by Jackson. Beat by P West. Underachievers. Be careful projecting what you are onto others. It's a bad look.
You are a sad, strange little man and you have my pity. Farewell.

Bad Snap
Riding the Bench

Post by Bad Snap »

Underachieving is losing to teams with less talent. Ironton and west have more talent. Losing with a team loaded with d1 talent to a team with no d1 is. You probably know the feeling the last 3 years

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

i believe 2 cents is another name for everyone's old friend that has had many identities on this site!

ROCH HILL PRIDE!
Freshman Team

Post by ROCH HILL PRIDE! »

Bad Snap wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:25 pm Underachieving is losing to teams with less talent. Ironton and west have more talent. Losing with a team loaded with d1 talent to a team with no d1 is. You probably know the feeling the last 3 years

I'm noticing many wheelersburg fans seem to be stuck in the past. Could it be that everyone else has caught up because the pirate program is stuck in the past ?

REDMAN NATION RISE UP!!!
Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

I honestly don't see any of the top 4 teams not making it to the Regional Semis, straight chalk in this region for the most part. I do think HP wins the region tho

iplayfootball
Waterboy

Post by iplayfootball »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:36 pm I honestly don't see any of the top 4 teams not making it to the Regional Semis, straight chalk in this region for the most part. I do think HP wins the region tho
then i don't think you have watched Centerville play. They'll be lucky to make it past CA and even if they do they have to face a PW team that i believe can challenge anyone in the region

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

iplayfootball wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:58 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:36 pm I honestly don't see any of the top 4 teams not making it to the Regional Semis, straight chalk in this region for the most part. I do think HP wins the region tho
then i don't think you have watched Centerville play. They'll be lucky to make it past CA and even if they do they have to face a PW team that i believe can challenge anyone in the region
Who? Centerville??? Centerburg and Barnesville making the playoffs a group project?

basketballplayer123
Waterboy

Post by basketballplayer123 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:59 pm
iplayfootball wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:58 pm
Who? Centerville??? Centerburg and Barnesville making the playoffs a group project?

my mistake lol. but seriously watch them on youtube they are not that much

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

On to round 2 of the playoffs.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221028-223014_Facebook.jpg

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »