Portsmouth West 14 - 7 Wheelersburg 2022 SOC Championship

vladimir
S

Re: WK10 Gold Ball Special West vs Wheelersburg

Post by vladimir »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:59 pm
vladimir wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:24 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:14 pm Burg giving up Hail Mary touchdown pass as time expired in first half flipped game. One of those things that just shouldn’t happen. West lined up in 2nd half and chewed clock with running game. Congrats to West on win and SOC II championship.*
Burg was still up 7-6 after that going into the half, and I believe got the football to start the second half. In the 3rd, West put together a 16-PLAY drive and got the 2-point conversion to make it 14-7. Then West started chewing the clock after burg went 3-n-out after throwing three deep balls to end the 3r.d-quarter.

Burg went away from the ground and pound and started throwing the ball more in the second half. The screens were working, and the backs were running hard between the tackles and making 1st downs. No idea why W'burg started to feel they had to throw the ball deep in the 3rd quarter, it was like they panicked b'c they were down by only 1-score. West outplayed and out-coached burg tonight.
Agreed on the drive at end of 3rd quarter for Burg starting at midfield. They were only down 1 score and they change quarterbacks and throw 3 straight incompletions and punt. Way too much time left at that point to abandon the run. But you gotta give credit to West. Their defense brought it all night.*
** Correction: In the 3rd, West put together a 16-PLAY drive, not yard drive.

Yes, West played tough as nails tonight.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:49 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:34 pm Neither one of these teams or Ironton will give prep a game
No one cares about that tonight
Oh sorry, west played tough tonight and they won the super bowl. Just like the way every team that beats burg in something does. 😂

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:15 pm Like look at yabba after losing to a team with a significantly lower CB than Burg

Burg should have run his formation with 6 backs and 2 guys in motion, could have won.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

reds4life wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:09 pm Does anyone think either of these teams have a chance vs Ironton? Wish they both did but I doubt it unfortunately
Not tonight. Tigers were firing on all cylinders. Carpenter and his receivers are the real deal.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ConGrats West!!!!!

So very Happy for your squad!!!

SEO well represented in R19 @ @Yh8awinner H Prep is beatable by SEO RIVER RAT POWER!!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:17 pm
reds4life wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:09 pm Does anyone think either of these teams have a chance vs Ironton? Wish they both did but I doubt it unfortunately
Not tonight. Tigers were firing on all cylinders. Carpenter and his receivers are the real deal.
The spectrum announcers were speechless at IHS PLAYMAKERS EVERYWHERE, CARPENTER, CARTER, YOUNG, THACKER, TERRY, PittMan, Perkins, Keyes, Fielder, , Barnes, Weekly, Schreck, & playoff alert d5/R19!!!

If IronTon plays clean like tonight… WATCHOUT!

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:21 pm ConGrats West!!!!!

SEO well represented in R19 @ @Yh8awinner H Prep is beatable by SEO RIVER RAT POWER!!!
I hope you are right. I will be rooting for whatever scioto county Orange and black team that gets a chance to play them. 😁

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:33 pm

I hope you are right. I will be rooting for whatever scioto county Orange and black team that gets a chance to play them. 😁
I will be rooting for ANY SEO HS that represents the Seo part of OHIO!!

Only a flood-wall & a few streets separated my home from the mighty ohio river as i grew up in West IronTon.

I want all seo teams/students to do well in all endeavors.

If my Tigers do not advance, SEO ALL THE WAY!!!

I love WINNERS & THOSE THAT DO NOT.

I do not HATE ot root against my neighbors….

Seo all the way!!!

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:37 pm

I will be rooting for ANY SEO HS that represents the Seo part of OHIO!!

Only a flood-wall & a few streets separated my home from the mighty ohio river as i grew up in West IronTon.

I want all seo teams/students to do well in all endeavors.

If my Tigers do not advance, SEO ALL THE WAY!!!

I love WINNERS & THOSE THAT DO NOT.

I do not HATE ot root against my neighbors….

Seo all the way!!!
I root for homegrown seo teams. Not manufactured seo teams. Just saying. 🤷

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Exactly why NO ONE HATES YOU.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:43 pm

Exactly why NO ONE HATES YOU.
😭😭😭

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:11 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:34 pm Neither one of these teams or Ironton will give prep a game
Oh sorry, west played tough tonight and they won the super bowl. Just like the way every team that beats burg in something does. 😂
not really. Ironton has been spanking them for several years now. it’s not nearly that big of a win anymore. Burg has lost a lot of steam in the past four years.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

They won an SOC for the first time in 14 years tonight. No one gives a darn if you think they can beat harvest prep or not.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Congrats to West. Great to see that Senior bunch get the Gold Ball. Great bunch of youngmen.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Bravo!!!!

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

After the first Burg series West settled down and busted them in the mouth!! Burg hasn’t had that happen to them and didn’t know how to respond!!! Wests QB is so overrated, take away the lucky TD I’m the first half and he has -2 yards passing and 2 INT’s. Sissel is the real deal. Run the ball and run it some more!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:13 pm Burg wins 34-14
Someone pass me the crow bc I’ll be having some. I was dead wrong I thought Burg would take it to West, it appears they play the games for a reason. The only thing I got right was the amount of points West would score. Congratulations to West I tip my cap. I wish now Waverly would have won the game to have created a 3 way share of the SOC but alas we’ll have next season.

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:15 pm Like look at yabba after losing to a team with a significantly lower CB than Burg

You know, F$#k You buddy!!! I wasn't even at the game tonight. Enjoy your transfers from the Burg during basketball season this year!! I guess they didn't help you much in soccer though!!!

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:47 pm

not really. Ironton has been spanking them for several years now. it’s not nearly that big of a win anymore. Burg has lost a lot of steam in the past four years.
Are you referring to the spanking Ironton gave Burg in the playoffs last year? :)

Congrats to West on a well-played game and SOC championship.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:13 pm

Burg should have run his formation with 6 backs and 2 guys in motion, could have won.

You know what!!! F&$K you too!!! If Burg would have kept running the ball they would have won this game!!! That's why they need a new play caller for the talent that is coming up the next three years. Even if they wanted to start throwing the ball why keep chucking it 40 yards down the field and not get your best pass catcher in TE Caleb Arthur little short passes right off the line.

Return to “Football”