CB #'s and Total Enrollment

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: CB #'s and Total Enrollment

Post by wobycat »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:01 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:57 pm I think we can sum this up pretty quick:

Some believe Ironton's CB is different than Burg's. Some don't.

I do believe they are different because Ironton's players are coming in during high school and most if not all play or start.

As far as Tigerbob "Bad situation" comment, I believe he's reading my comment from the kid from south webster. That kid was in a bad situation and came in 6th grade and I promise you football wasn't even in his mind at the time. Let me just clear that up for you.
Gregg and Wilson came in during senior year and started and put some locally developed Burg kid on the pine. You never once spoke out against that 🤔
I'm not speaking out against any of it, I am saying it is different. I don't like any type of recruiting/transfers. But if you're comparing the two teams on that specific element. Ironton doubled that amount this year with 4 new really good players, where as those two you mentioned were separate seasons. When you have that many transfers in that short of time, there is a difference. It's actually not been done ever around here.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

XandOs wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:58 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:50 pm
TigerBob wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:34 pm

Exactly. Ironton benefits and has benefited plenty from transfers both now and in the past. As has Wheelersburg. But when they go to Wheelersburg, for some, it’s ok. “They live close” “It’s for academics” “It was a bad situation” and my favorite one of Yabbas “They aren’t an impact player,” as if football ability is on the open enrollment form, and anyone 8 out of 10 will be denied because they’re too good.

Always some reason why it’s ok for Wheelersburg but not other schools.
I think you are struggling to wrap your brain around the fact that this is not how Burg operates. They don’t build a team or fill gaps by “recruiting” talent from other schools. Burg gets an occasional transfer, and they also occasionally lose a kid to transfer. Similar to most schools in the area. But it is not a process they use to be competitive.

Ironton actively contacts kids at other schools and uses these “recruits” to enhance their team. Ironton is dependent on these kids to be competitive. It’s Ironton’s MO.
If this was really what is going on then after 5 years there would be substantial proof. I’m not buying what you and other HATERS are trying to sell. The reason Ironton bothers you and many others is because you are no longer the program in the area. No one talks about Wheelersburg or others like they do Ironton. Ironton has created a program that is in the spotlight every week and you and many others can’t handle it. You are constantly throwing out baseless claims with no factual evidence. Wheelersburg fan base is like a bunch of old women sitting at a salon stirring up rumors.

It doesn't matter how they are doing it it's the fact that you Ironton fans can't admit that without the kids from Raceland, Valley, Ashland, Burg and Huntington the last 5 years you guys aren't winning jack.

Look at the only reason people are talking about Ironton right now is all the BS they are into. Three coaches on your staff that run a recruiting service. That's some shady poop right there and you can't admit that it is.

Burg sports is still the program around here and will be for years to come. Last football state title around her won by Burg. Last baseball state title won by Burg. Last softball state title won by Burg!!!

We'll see what happens to Ironton after Pendleton leaves which I bet will happen as soon the first college comes calling. If you all think he is going to be one of those HS coaches that spends 50 years at one school, you all are dumber than I thought. He is trying to build up a resume by trying to win state titles and so far that hasn't worked out like he thought it would. I don't see it happening this year either. If Burg had a decent passing QB this year, they would have destroyed Ironton. The inability to pass allowed Ironton to stuff the box and shut down the run. You won't be able to do that in the playoffs!! I guarantee it!!!

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:46 pm
mustard wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:27 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:20 pm

Exactly , the crimes Ironton is being accused of had been done by many local programs including Wheelersburg. Ironton is just really good at it.
Yep. But Ironton fans on here think they are on the up and up with it. I guess they don’t want to admit that’s why they are winning but when you got talent like that coming in, you gonna win a bunch of games. The other area coaches are just going to have to get balls and do it themselves or Ironton will continue to dominate the area for awhile until a new gimmick comes along.

I’m sure all the other schools who have had transfers benefited with a couple extra wins here and there. Ironton seems to have some good hometown talent too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:57 pm I think we can sum this up pretty quick:

I do believe they are different because Ironton's players are coming in during high school and most if not all play or start.

As far as Tigerbob "Bad situation" comment, I believe he's reading my comment from the kid from south webster. That kid was in a bad situation and came in 6th grade and I promise you football wasn't even in his mind at the time. Let me just clear that up for you.
Gregg and Wilson came in during senior year and started and put some locally developed Burg kid on the pine. You never once spoke out against that 🤔
No, actually Burg was struggling to find who they wanted to play QB so Gregg worked out fine. I'm pretty sure he didn't take anything away from anyone.

Wasn't this year supposed to be the year Carter at ironton was going to be the star?? Talk about someone getting bumped from a position!!!

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:34 pm

Exactly. Ironton benefits and has benefited plenty from transfers both now and in the past. As has Wheelersburg. But when they go to Wheelersburg, for some, it’s ok. “They live close” “It’s for academics” “It was a bad situation” and my favorite one of Yabbas “They aren’t an impact player,” as if football ability is on the open enrollment form, and anyone 8 out of 10 will be denied because they’re too good.

Always some reason why it’s ok for Wheelersburg but not other schools.
I think you are struggling to wrap your brain around the fact that this is not how Burg operates. They don’t build a team or fill gaps by “recruiting” talent from other schools. Burg gets an occasional transfer, and they also occasionally lose a kid to transfer. Similar to most schools in the area. But it is not a process they use to be competitive.

Ironton actively contacts kids at other schools and uses these “recruits” to enhance their team. Ironton is dependent on these kids to be competitive. It’s Ironton’s MO.
If this was really what is going on then after 5 years there would be substantial proof. I’m not buying what you and other HATERS are trying to sell. The reason Ironton bothers you and many others is because you are no longer the program in the area. No one talks about Wheelersburg or others like they do Ironton. Ironton has created a program that is in the spotlight every week and you and many others can’t handle it. You are constantly throwing out baseless claims with no factual evidence. Wheelersburg fan base is like a bunch of old women sitting at a salon stirring up rumors.
Wait, doesn't Ironton have 2 kids that are ineligible transfers? Isn't that some sort of proof? They obviously got busted for not moving or got caught not living in the apartment that they were supposed to.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

goUK wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:37 pm

Wait, doesn't Ironton have 2 kids that are ineligible transfers? Isn't that some sort of proof? They obviously got busted for not moving or got caught not living in the apartment that they were supposed to.
You don't need proof. LOL Just look at Ironton's roster one year then look at the year before. This is all been done before by several teams. Burg, Raceland, Ashland, Russell, SOUTH WEBSTER, JACKSON, Ive been reading those guys comments. They aint innocent. :lol:

Ironton is just smashing it right now. They have a perfect system down, use the carrico kid as the foundation, have the recruiting coach guy on staff, , have a energetic coach that's hip to social media and has ties to college coaches from his playing days, get some local apartments, and wala! you got you a nice recipe for domination baby! Burg, coal grove, Gallia, Ashland, I suggest you build some apt complexes and spice up your twitter feed. :lol:

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:46 pm

You don't need proof. LOL Just look at Ironton's roster one year then look at the year before. This is all been done before by several teams. Burg, Raceland, Ashland, Russell, SOUTH WEBSTER, JACKSON, Ive been reading those guys comments. They aint innocent. :lol:

Ironton is just smashing it right now. They have a perfect system down, use the carrico kid as the foundation, have the recruiting coach guy on staff, , have a energetic coach that's hip to social media and has ties to college coaches from his playing days, get some local apartments, and wala! you got you a nice recipe for domination baby! Burg, coal grove, Gallia, Ashland, I suggest you build some apt complexes and spice up your twitter feed. :lol:
BINGO !

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:06 pm

I'm not speaking out against any of it, I am saying it is different. I don't like any type of recruiting/transfers. But if you're comparing the two teams on that specific element. Ironton doubled that amount this year with 4 new really good players, where as those two you mentioned were separate seasons. When you have that many transfers in that short of time, there is a difference. It's actually not been done ever around here.
So you’re not against transfers as you just admitted. Then why do you not approve of what Ironton is doing ?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:22 pm

It doesn't matter how they are doing it it's the fact that you Ironton fans can't admit that without the kids from Raceland, Valley, Ashland, Burg and Huntington the last 5 years you guys aren't winning jack.

Look at the only reason people are talking about Ironton right now is all the BS they are into. Three coaches on your staff that run a recruiting service. That's some shady poop right there and you can't admit that it is.

Burg sports is still the program around here and will be for years to come. Last football state title around her won by Burg. Last baseball state title won by Burg. Last softball state title won by Burg!!!

We'll see what happens to Ironton after Pendleton leaves which I bet will happen as soon the first college comes calling. If you all think he is going to be one of those HS coaches that spends 50 years at one school, you all are dumber than I thought. He is trying to build up a resume by trying to win state titles and so far that hasn't worked out like he thought it would. I don't see it happening this year either. If Burg had a decent passing QB this year, they would have destroyed Ironton. The inability to pass allowed Ironton to stuff the box and shut down the run. You won't be able to do that in the playoffs!! I guarantee it!!!
Burg football ain’t the dominant program right now , get real man.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

The recruiting guy coach you speak of family represents many kids in this area from many different schools. I don’t see any of those kids getting D1 offers or looks. Why is it only the Ironton kids? Hmm? That’s a curious assessment.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:57 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:06 pm

So you’re not against transfers as you just admitted. Then why do you not approve of what Ironton is doing ?
I said I didnt like any type of recruiting/transfer. I realize there will be the occasional kid transfer. Grass is always greener, dont like the coach, parent thinks son should get more playing time, etc. Heck burg just lost three basketball kids to Webster. It happens. But Ironton's situation is different. Especially when you know certain aspects of it that some may not. If one cant see the difference, then we will have to disagree on the subject. Obviously, it automatically gives you an advantage, winning is easier and it does take spots of waiting kids. This seems to be the future though and I think the OHSAA will have to allow students to attend anywhere at any point. I think things in our area will drastically change when that happens. Perhaps Ironton just has an early start on it. Doesn't mean I have to agree on it.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

XandOs wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:05 pm

The recruiting guy coach you speak of family represents many kids in this area from many different schools. I don’t see any of those kids getting D1 offers or looks. Why is it only the Ironton kids? Hmm? That’s a curious assessment.
:lol: Which Real Ironton Kids?

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:58 pm

Burg’s the only program to hoist a state title in the past thirty years, and they didn’t have to raid other schools to do it.

Ironton can’t “dominate” like that.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

As long as they keep knocking off Ironton in the playoffs, then they are the dominate team around here. :D :D :D :D

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:23 pm

Burg’s the only program to hoist a state title in the past thirty years, and they didn’t have to raid other schools to do it.

Ironton can’t “dominate” like that.
How many of those kids on that team lived out of District and should have been going to other schools? Your CB numbers are always around 20, there must be a few that should have been going to other schools. Oh, I'm sorry, that's different :lol: :lol: :lol:

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

The kid that recovered the game winning fumble was a Portsmouth kid. But I’m sure there is a reason that one doesn’t count! And probably no crying that it should have been a home grown kid who made that play.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:03 pm The kid that recovered the game winning fumble was a Portsmouth kid. But I’m sure there is a reason that one doesn’t count! And probably no crying that it should have been a home grown kid who made that play.
BINGO

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:03 pm The kid that recovered the game winning fumble was a Portsmouth kid. But I’m sure there is a reason that one doesn’t count! And probably no crying that it should have been a home grown kid who made that play.
Yep and he came to Burg his Junior year and his Mom was a teacher his Senior year and once again, which you all can't get through your head.............

HE WAS ONLY ONE PLAYER!!!!!

Does Burg win the title without him! I think they do!!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You Ironton posters on here amaze me!! You cannot come on here and admit that without all the recruits the last few years you have a mediocre team.

You all are grasping for air on every post. You keep bringing up this kid that came to Burg or this kid to came to Burg!! We get it!!! Burg has had kids transfer in over the years. We know that. Not a one, other than Lowery who went to Burg for two years won a state title. None!!!

Also, Burg has lost kids. Salyers played at Burg all the way up until his Freshman year and then he went to Ironton. Cost him a state title ring but he did get a scholarship to Youngstown St.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:15 pm
Yep and he came to Burg his Junior year and his Mom was a teacher his Senior year and once again, which you all can't get through your head.............

HE WAS ONLY ONE PLAYER!!!!!

Does Burg win the title without him! I think they do!!!!!
There is a kid on Ironton’s roster now, went to another HS previously whose mom worked at Ironton as a teacher last year. Good to know that one doesn’t count.

Return to “Football”