Valley 7 - 60 Waverly 2022

baller
Waterboy

Re: WK7 Valley - Waverly

Post by baller »

baller wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:00 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:41 pm Yeah like coop said not much to go with here, Waverly came out quick fast and in a hurry. The valley defense not sure the game plan looked like it was simply out to stop the run. Glad we walked away healthy as did valley but it’s on to next week and back to the grind against Burg. Good luck to valley moving forward.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Re: Valley 7 - 60 Waverly 2022

Post by ValleyStrong »

FIDO wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:51 pm I respect your opinion. Some would argue dropped passes are indicative of talent level. Besides, dropped passes dont give up 60.

You are corrext dont give up 60.

footballfan123
Waterboy

Post by footballfan123 »

Was Valleys defense this bad last year?

footballfan123
Waterboy

Post by footballfan123 »

Was Valleys defense this bad last year?

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Valley talking about dropped passes, there was a dropped TD at the beginning of the game and I think 2-3 other dropped passes that weren't going to amount to much. Valley offensively seemed to run basically the same thing every down and I have yet to figure out why on earth they run trips to the short side and design plays to the short side of the field. It typically doesn't give you numbers, the boundary is that much closer which becomes another defender and you jam the area up with bodies making it hard for a player to make moves it never worked tonight. Nothing was going to overcome the 60-7 score but there's some things I thought Valley should've done different to at least give their guys a chance I kind of felt like they weren't put in the best situations tonight.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

smurray wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:25 pm
FIDO wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:22 pm It is tough to see this score. No amount of coaching can fix giving up 60. Sometimes teams are more talented. All you can do is continue to work hard and get better. It is what it is. Faulting and blaming cant fix this. Jmo
Agree
Stats?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:56 pm Valley talking about dropped passes, there was a dropped TD at the beginning of the game and I think 2-3 other dropped passes that weren't going to amount to much. Valley offensively seemed to run basically the same thing every down and I have yet to figure out why on earth they run trips to the short side and design plays to the short side of the field. It typically doesn't give you numbers, the boundary is that much closer which becomes another defender and you jam the area up with bodies making it hard for a player to make moves it never worked tonight. Nothing was going to overcome the 60-7 score but there's some things I thought Valley should've done different to at least give their guys a chance I kind of felt like they weren't put in the best situations tonight.
I agree there was one ball early in the game but that happens you have to overcome that and move on. The other balls that may have been called 'drops" by some would have either amounted to nothing, other than a big hit, or would have been an amazing catch for a HS player. Valley has been crowding the short side and throwing behind the line of scrimmage all season. It did work at one time but Waverly was ready for it and made the Indians pay.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

No mercy from the Tigers my goodness, I figured a win but not hang 60

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I’m not here to defend a loss like tonight. We got smashed by a good team who plays a very good schedule.
If anyone on here wants to set blame on somebody, then go ahead. The Coaches can handle it. Some of the kids can handle it too. We are a struggling program behind on numbers and (we’ve been behind on numbers a long time). Hey. Whatever man. Look at the grades 10-12 boys numbers for the 2 schools playing tonight. Waverly is nearly double the boys in those grades. We compete with them in baseball (actually, we beat them half or more than half the time. Basketball is always competitive. Football has been a struggle for us for 5-6 years. We are down in our football program right now. It happens when you are as small as we are.
I would suggest to Waverly that they move on if they are “capable” of doing so. Maybe move to another conference that can give them the competition they want.
Or…. They can continue to grind it out in the SOC. Waverly hasn’t dominated anything in football the last 20 years (in my memory)
Valley won 3 straight in 2011-2013. Burg won 7 of the next 9.
Waverly may have won 2 of those in the last 10.
My point is this. Schools like Valley have down years. You have scores like these happen. But we knew we’d be down for a while.
To the Valley fans that might question this or that about our program, you need to look at our numbers right now. We are almost half of the schools in SOC2. We will return some day, or we may go to SOC1, just like we had to from the 1970’s to 2007.
People forget we played in SOC 1 for 30+ years.
We are a proud program and we have a great football coach here. He will be as good as he can possibly be. We will get the numbers again soon. We will keep the kids from transferring out of our district soon. These are things we will get fixed.
The kids that are “True Valley” kids will fight back and work hard to reshape the future of this program.
It will take hard nosed kids. Kids that buy into the way our program has always been ran. Nolan is a great football mind. If all things were equal, I’d take him against anyone in this conference… but all things aren’t equal. And some of you need to remember that.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

pmow3 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:33 am I’m not here to defend a loss like tonight. We got smashed by a good team who plays a very good schedule.
If anyone on here wants to set blame on somebody, then go ahead. The Coaches can handle it. Some of the kids can handle it too. We are a struggling program behind on numbers and (we’ve been behind on numbers a long time). Hey. Whatever man. Look at the grades 10-12 boys numbers for the 2 schools playing tonight. Waverly is nearly double the boys in those grades. We compete with them in baseball (actually, we beat them half or more than half the time. Basketball is always competitive. Football has been a struggle for us for 5-6 years. We are down in our football program right now. It happens when you are as small as we are.
I would suggest to Waverly that they move on if they are “capable” of doing so. Maybe move to another conference that can give them the competition they want.
Or…. They can continue to grind it out in the SOC. Waverly hasn’t dominated anything in football the last 20 years (in my memory)
Valley won 3 straight in 2011-2013. Burg won 7 of the next 9.
Waverly may have won 2 of those in the last 10.
My point is this. Schools like Valley have down years. You have scores like these happen. But we knew we’d be down for a while.
To the Valley fans that might question this or that about our program, you need to look at our numbers right now. We are almost half of the schools in SOC2. We will return some day, or we may go to SOC1, just like we had to from the 1970’s to 2007.
People forget we played in SOC 1 for 30+ years.
We are a proud program and we have a great football coach here. He will be as good as he can possibly be. We will get the numbers again soon. We will keep the kids from transferring out of our district soon. These are things we will get fixed.
The kids that are “True Valley” kids will fight back and work hard to reshape the future of this program.
It will take hard nosed kids. Kids that buy into the way our program has always been ran. Nolan is a great football mind. If all things were equal, I’d take him against anyone in this conference… but all things aren’t equal. And some of you need to remember that.

Facts. As said in previous weeks, I just hope they’re afforded the time to right the ship.

We all know they can…they have all the ingredients…

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Tonight has made me change my mind about valley moving down to the soc 1 I totally feel we have the right staff but some don’t have a lot of experience Keller is still young and we all know he has worse problems at home to deal with so I say give them time. As for tonight if some of those passes was not overthrown valley would had 28 in the first half because they was completely open. I will call out the coach for his handling of the qb situation. There is no logical explanation as to why arnett who is our strongest runner and has started at rb for 3 years gets the starting qb over a qb who has started for 3 years at qb. Some say it was so arnett could run but we only called for him to run about 3 times a game so that didn’t make any difference. This was the worst loss I have seen valley have and not because of the score but because valley had every opportunity ti keep the game close they just didn’t execute. Coaches can only call the plays players have to execute. Waverly could not cove the receivers in the first half. Maybe if nickel started all year and had that timing with the guys things would be different. I still think if nickel started all year we go into this game 6-0 or 5-1. I say have valley move Down when northwest moves up valley will be down for a couple years then I’f they turn it around then might move back up. Sorry this is all over the place it’s just seeing the team I love and support go out there and just look lost is a lot to handle.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Might be facts, I appreciate that. And maybe this has been said for weeks on here. Not sure. But this is the truth. And people need to understand it.
The realization that we (when we are strong in our program, we can compete with schools twice our size)
That’s one thing.

But the understanding that (when we are not strong) we struggle. That’s where we are in football right now. The numbers are down. The “Big boys” are not there right now (IN NUMBERS) in this program. We have a few. But not enough. We will get there again. But people need to understand the truth. And accept it. It doesn’t change overnight.
Last edited by pmow3 on Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

We are 3 years from being able to move “down” from what I was told tonight. So moving down isn’t an immediate option.

I just hope the people that make decisions, understand the situation we are in. And what it will take to help our program.
This coaching staff is not the problem. There are no people in that program pointing fingers. The kids know. And the coaches know that this will only get better when everyone buys in again.
And we will.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

pmow3 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:13 am Might be facts. But there’s a lot of facts in my post. And people need to understand it.
The realization that we (when we are strong in our program, we can compete with schools twice our size)
That’s one thing.

But the understanding that (when we are not strong) we struggle. That’s where we are in football right now. The numbers are down. The “Big boys” are not there right now (IN NUMBERS) in this program. We have a few. But not enough. We will get there again. But people need to understand the truth. And accept it. It doesn’t change overnight.
Our biggest weakness is our linebackers they never make a play and always look confused or they miss tackles. #56 again was abused all night by a kid 100lbs lighter than him. 56 should be a all state tackle but just seems to not enjoy playing football. Not sure a change of philosophy is what’s needed a change of heart and attitude is the only thing that will save this program. The whole valley school system seems to have gotten soft.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

pmow3 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:19 am We are 3 years from being able to move “down” from what I was told tonight. So moving down isn’t an immediate option.

I just hope the people that make decisions, understand the situation we are in. And what it will take to help our program.
This coaching staff is not the problem. There are no people in that program pointing fingers. The kids know. And the coaches know that this will only get better when everyone buys in again.
And we will.
I 100% support the coaching staff my only complaint about them is maybe they are being to soft of the boys

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

It’s all about what you want from a program.
Darren laid a great foundation down for this school.
But let’s be honest on what is going on here for a second.
2016. 1-9
2017. 3-7
2018. 4-6
2019. 5-5
2020. 4-5
2021. 4-6

We have had 7 years of a tough schedule and some small classes. This isn’t a new problem.
And you add transfers of 3 very talented kids to that mix and here we are.
This is not a “New” problem. Let’s be honest about the records and the fact we are “half” what most of these schools have in numbers.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

I think some people are remembering the great runs we had between 2005 and 2015. I can’t blame you. I remember them well. Some of the best times of my life. But come on man. You think Darren or that staff forgot how to run a program after 2015? Hell no they didn’t.
You have to ride the wave when you’re the smallest of 6 schools in your conference. This is a down time. We will be back …

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I agree talent level is cyclical. The lows are exasperated by transfers and low numbers. The run valley enjoyed was the best in school history. It is unlikely to be repeated anytime soon. Coaching alone cant fix the down cycle. Stay positive in the face of adversity!

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:22 am
pmow3 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:19 am We are 3 years from being able to move “down” from what I was told tonight. So moving down isn’t an immediate option.

And we will.
I 100% support the coaching staff my only complaint about them is maybe they are being to soft of the boys
All I hear is they are too hard on them.

Wasn’t pretty tonight. Big missed chances early and Valley folded the tents. Big blowout in conference losses the last few years too. Nolan’s offense has been steady but the defense hasn’t been good. Not sure the correct answer. I honestly don’t know why Nolan wanted that job. It’s a bad job considering the league and the numbers. He’ll fix it if people let him but it won’t be easy.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Heard recently from a guy in the know that SOC is seriously looking at the 3rd division option for football only. This would really benefit schools such as Valley, Northwest, and Oak Hill. It just so hard to compete in football with a 35-man roster playing schools with rosters twice as big.

It may be a few years before it happens, but I think those 5-5 seasons for Valley will turn into 7-3 seasons or better when they no longer are forced to schedule Waverly, West and Burg. Also, better numbers are on the way from the junior high program. Just rambling at this point, but I hope the Valley faithful are realistic and give Coach Crabtree time to establish his program.*

Return to “Football”