Eastern Meigs 12 - 7 Notre Dame 2022

RelaxGoat

Re: WK4 Notre Dame (1-2) @ Eastern Meigs (3-0)

Post by RelaxGoat »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:05 pm
MrPerfect wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:11 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:31 am

Better than the current starter, but not better than Cassidy.
I’ve always thought that ND needed to do a better job at recruiting.
But here lately it seems they have become a place for students who can’t cut it at other schools. I mean they can legally recruit players, but for some reason choose not too, We’ll in Football that is =)
Bottom line is everyone recruits. Obviously, others do it better than ND. True comment on players that can’t cut it at other schools. Daddy ball is still horrible and coaching is lacking. Integrity is also an issue. Players getting a one game suspension when they should actually be expelled…ESPECIALLY at ND.
To address another post within mine, the coach is in the press box because of two reasons. One, he can’t take the constant barrage of criticism from the stands, Two, he is so foul mouthed with the refs it saves on penalties!
On point.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

MrPerfect wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:11 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:31 am
MrPerfect wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:28 am

ND Kingrey is your QB, why hasn’t anyone figured this out by now?
Better than the current starter, but not better than Cassidy.
I’ve always thought that ND needed to do a better job at recruiting.
But here lately it seems they have become a place for students who can’t cut it at other schools. I mean they can legally recruit players, but for some reason choose not too, We’ll in Football that is =)
Bottom line is everyone recruits. Obviously, others do it better than ND. True comment on players that can’t cut it at other schools. Daddy ball is still horrible and coaching is lacking. Integrity is also an issue. Players getting a one game suspension when they should actually be expelled…ESPECIALLY at ND.
To address another post within mine, the coach is in the press box because of two reasons. One, he can’t take the constant barrage of criticism from the stands, Two, he is so foul mouthed with the refs it saves on penalties!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Eastern Meigs 12 - 7 Notre Dame 2022

Post by formerfcfan »

Again, the topic of discipline should be forwarded to the Diocese. Not sure how SEOPS is to suppose to fix it.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Thought Notre Dame played Marshall today???

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:16 pm Again, the topic of discipline should be forwarded to the Diocese. Not sure how SEOPS is to suppose to fix it.
I don’t think anyone expects this site to fix anything. Again, “the topic” is why they lose! I’ve heard everything from your Diocese comment to , school board, athletic association and coach them myself. What you ignore is the problem and that’s obvious.

Postgame
Waterboy

Post by Postgame »

Your “topic” in every post is the head coach. They didn’t play well against Eastern Meigs. Turnovers, penalties, and about zero offense, except for the one long TD, is “why” they lost.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Postgame wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:45 am Your “topic” in every post is the head coach. They didn’t play well against Eastern Meigs. Turnovers, penalties, and about zero offense, except for the one long TD, is “why” they lost.
Why do you run the ball and not take a knee when you’re tied and around 30 seconds left in the half…on your own 30ish? What happens? You fumble and they score. I’d say that’s a coaching failure and one of many week in and out.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:18 pm Ok, 2 big take away from this game.

1. Why do you run the ball on your own 30 with 35 seconds left in the half? Who gets the blame? The coach that called the play or the player that fumbled? Led to the first Eagles TD!

2. Time to move Cassidy to QB! Daddy won’t let that happen!

“Another close game by ND”…..horrible!!
Because Kingrey is a freshman that has not played a snap of varsity ball against varsity players. Cassidy would get the shot first cause that kid is an athlete and he shows alot of potential and has some snaps under his belt. And the reason no one’s has figured it out is because no one has see the kid play.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

BillyBob21 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:21 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:18 pm Ok, 2 big take away from this game.

1. Why do you run the ball on your own 30 with 35 seconds left in the half? Who gets the blame? The coach that called the play or the player that fumbled? Led to the first Eagles TD!

2. Time to move Cassidy to QB! Daddy won’t let that happen!

“Another close game by ND”…..horrible!!
Because Kingrey is a freshman that has not played a snap of varsity ball against varsity players. Cassidy would get the shot first cause that kid is an athlete and he shows alot of potential and has some snaps under his belt. And the reason no one’s has figured it out is because no one has see the kid play.
Well maybe they should give him a shot. You can’t get experience if they don’t allow it….It doesn’t seem like it could be much worse, I think him at QB and Cassidy at RB is the obvious choice. I’m an outsider and I can see that. Ethan is a gamer and Luke can run.
To win you have to play the best at each position, Regardless of color, relationship, social status, etc.

WWE HALL OF FAME
sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:51 am
Postgame wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:45 am Your “topic” in every post is the head coach. They didn’t play well against Eastern Meigs. Turnovers, penalties, and about zero offense, except for the one long TD, is “why” they lost.
Why do you run the ball and not take a knee when you’re tied and around 30 seconds left in the half…on your own 30ish? What happens? You fumble and they score. I’d say that’s a coaching failure and one of many week in and out.
I agree, take the knee and go into the half 0-0. I think the Titans may need to make the change at QB in order for them to get more offense. Passing has always been an issue with ND, but it seems as if #24 and #2 are not producing like they were last year. Does losing Metzler hurt them that much on the offensive end? I would like the Titans to win a game that they are not supposed to win or a game that is 50/50. I support the Titans but I think the staff needs to come together to get this thing going. Seems as if the Titans win games they are supposed to win but can never win the "big game".

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

I'm glad Easter won. At 5-5 the Cats will need all the playoff points they can get.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:50 am
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:51 am
I agree, take the knee and go into the half 0-0. I think the Titans may need to make the change at QB in order for them to get more offense. Passing has always been an issue with ND, but it seems as if #24 and #2 are not producing like they were last year. Does losing Metzler hurt them that much on the offensive end? I would like the Titans to win a game that they are not supposed to win or a game that is 50/50. I support the Titans but I think the staff needs to come together to get this thing going. Seems as if the Titans win games they are supposed to win but can never win the "big game".
First, I agree with your comments. Please let me expand. #2 will never get the ball enough to produce. It happens year in and out. #24 is actually very good and deserves the ball. Hate injuries to high school kids but with Metzler out the people that should get the ball are getting it. This leads us to QB….Cassidy should be the starter but it won’t happen, he’s the future and he’s much better, but his father is also a coach and Daddy won’t let that happen and head coach won’t do it. Really want to stay away from coaching issues, but that’s really the problem.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

MrPerfect wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:27 pm

Well maybe they should give him a shot. You can’t get experience if they don’t allow it….It doesn’t seem like it could be much worse, I think him at QB and Cassidy at RB is the obvious choice. I’m an outsider and I can see that. Ethan is a gamer and Luke can run.
To win you have to play the best at each position, Regardless of color, relationship, social status, etc.
MrPerfect, I don’t always agree with you and that’s what makes a forum what it is. Your opinion versus mine. I will say this…I’ve never given a thought to Cassidy at RB..that really could work. Maybe even Kingrey at RB….maybe? I’ll just say this…those players need to be in the mix, wherever! Color, RELATIONSHIP, social status etc….You are so correct. I WANT ND TO SUCCEED!! Not ever going to happen when failure is accepted. Excuses pile up and coaches have no worries about being replaced. 5-5 this year!

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:38 pm

MrPerfect, I don’t always agree with you and that’s what makes a forum what it is. Your opinion versus mine. I will say this…I’ve never given a thought to Cassidy at RB..that really could work. Maybe even Kingrey at RB….maybe? I’ll just say this…those players need to be in the mix, wherever! Color, RELATIONSHIP, social status etc….You are so correct. I WANT ND TO SUCCEED!! Not ever going to happen when failure is accepted. Excuses pile up and coaches have no worries about being replaced. 5-5 this year!
Cassidy is an athlete and could play about anywhere. I think Cassidy would be a good running back too but I don’t think it’s gonna happen until possibly 2 years. Gavin Hart has another year, Phillips is only a sophomore and both are pretty solid. Wideouts are sophomores with speed. I could see maybe next year Kingery having a shot at QB but nothing shows me that he will get that opportunity this year. He maybe be better than than anyone out there on field at QB but I can’t really say because no one has seen him take any snaps at varsity level and I am not meaning being out there on a Friday night with the jv team when the score is 55-0 after the varsity got done early in the 3rd like FC. But I say next year I am sure he will probably get that shot.
Webb QB / Seison Slot / Cambell TE/ Sparkes Tackle that’s the 4 starters that will graduate this year. There is at least 3
kids I know of that can fill Seison spot so that leaves the QB spot. I just think if they had any attentions of having Kingery there next year he would have been there week 2 when Webb had to set out.but I am not saying it can’t change by next year.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

Take a look in the mirror loser. You are part of the problem. Try being part of the solution.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:05 am

Take a look in the mirror loser. You are part of the problem. Try being part of the solution.
As asked is another post. How do you expect someone being part of the solution? What can they do? Cause I sure would like for this ND program to get back on track. This was suppose to be the year!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Did anybody really expect ND to beat CHCA or Berne Union? As for Reedsville Eastern, it was a road game and their best team in years. ND still looks like a 6-4 team and will likely get a home playoff game. That's a good season for ND.*

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

BillyBob21 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:27 pm
Lonesome Polecat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:05 am

As asked is another post. How do you expect someone being part of the solution? What can they do? Cause I sure would like for this ND program to get back on track. This was suppose to be the year!
I dont expect much from the keyboard cowboys that have nothing better to do than bash their own program. But, if you want to know how to make a difference.....start by not participating in the sort of garbage people write on here. Kids might read this. Typically they echo what they hear from the so called adults. If you have no pride, they have no pride.

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Especially riverballfan1.......he is a keyboard coward.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:59 pm Especially riverballfan1.......he is a keyboard coward.
I would say calling people names is the cowardly act. Again, sorry I offended your friends

Return to “Football”