How do y’all think Coal Grove will be this year

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: How do y’all think Coal Grove will be this year

Post by Beergogglebluez »

OVCFan1 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:48 am
dime-a-dozen wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:46 pm I watched the entire game and I realize what the final was but do you realize it was it was 42-34 at halftime and 42-34 at the end of 3? Yeah CG scored 19 in the 4th but Meigs looked worn down and maybe some injuries. This was a dog fight for 3 quarters, could have been a different game if Meigs wouldn’t have dug such a huge hole in the 1st. I definitely wouldn’t call this a “BLOWOUT”
"halftime", "3 quarters", "could have", "if", "worn down", "maybe some injuries', "wouldn't have"....LOL they gave up 61 points and scored 34 in a 4 quarter game, division 6 vs 5; that's a blowout...end of story.
I think that was the plan. Wear them down and ground and pound. Meigs falling apart in the 4th was exactly what coal grove had in mind. A kid runs for over 400 yards is going to wear a defense out lol.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
derbydawg
Waterboy

Post by derbydawg »

Haven't been tested and will lose big to Ironton, like every year. Wake me up when something changes...

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Past few years we all have lost to ironton and that probably won’t change for awhile.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Kirtland8O wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:51 pm You barely beat Meigs. Slow your roll.
Beating a team by 20+ is not considered "barely beating" a team. Not sure if it's that way up north, but here that's a substantial victory. Maybe not a blowout, per se, but a lopsided victory nonetheless.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

derbydawg wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:46 am Haven't been tested and will lose big to Ironton, like every year. Wake me up when something changes...
Why does every time a topic gets started about another team someone always has to bring ironton into the conversation? Nobody cares about Ironton

derbydawg
Waterboy

Post by derbydawg »

Team ovc wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:44 pm
derbydawg wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:46 am Haven't been tested and will lose big to Ironton, like every year. Wake me up when something changes...
Why does every time a topic gets started about another team someone always has to bring ironton into the conversation? Nobody cares about Ironton
It's still an accurate statement and you know it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I watched Coal Grove on Film, they are tremendous on the offensive side of the ball. They may not beat Ironton, but it will not be a blowout and they will make noise in D6

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Team ovc wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:44 pm
The high school sports news in your region determines THAT is a lie. 😭

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I want Coal Grove to do well even as much as they can't stand Ironton thing.
And they may do well against Ironton but if Ironton shuts down JC this weekend then I fear a long night for Coal Grove.
But I would like to see Coal Grove make a run in the post season will they get by FF well that is a team on a whole different level.
Good Luck Hornets

bhicks42
Freshman Team

Post by bhicks42 »

Did you sleep through 2017?
Coal Grove 28
Ironton 7

Return to “Football”