Waverly 12 - 42 Chillicothe 2022

Ed Ott
Varsity

Re: Week 4: Chillicothe 2-1 @ Waverly 2-1

Post by Ed Ott »

mackdog wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:44 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:37 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:39 pm

I don’t understand how a kid who says he’s committed to LSU finds it wise to keep publicly entertaining the coaches and fanbases of other schools that are trying to court him.

It’s going to end up disastrous if he doesn’t maintain a smarter profile, especially in light of the really crappy showing LSU had tonight.
Huh? You know kids take official visits to other schools after committing, right? Happens all the time every single year. In fact, it’s smart. Keep your options open.
What schools has he visited since committing to LSU? Just curious. Thanks
No idea about visits but his Twitter the other day he was showing all of the Coach letters from Miami Hurricanes

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:34 am
ManInBlack wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:55 pm How’s Galloway been this season? Haven’t heard anything about him. Has the new coaching staff at Chillicothe figured out an offense to maximize his talent?
After watching Chillicothe on film he's simply a pass catching TE nothing more nothing less minimal effort, probably shouldn't see the field defensively.
I admit he could work a little harder on the defensive side of the ball but he’s played solid at linebacker for the first time ever playing the position 6’5 230 and running deep routes for 48 mins lining up all over the field will test anyones conditioning for a full game. 9 catches 240 yards 3 TDS and 28 tackles 4 pass breakups on the season thus far is no slouch numbers

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ohio1234 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:09 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:34 am
ManInBlack wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:55 pm How’s Galloway been this season? Haven’t heard anything about him. Has the new coaching staff at Chillicothe figured out an offense to maximize his talent?
After watching Chillicothe on film he's simply a pass catching TE nothing more nothing less minimal effort, probably shouldn't see the field defensively.
I admit he could work a little harder on the defensive side of the ball but he’s played solid at linebacker for the first time ever playing the position 6’5 230 and running deep routes for 48 mins lining up all over the field will test anyones conditioning for a full game. 9 catches 240 yards 3 TDS and 28 tackles 4 pass breakups on the season thus far is no slouch numbers
Nah, I don’t believe any of the above explanation. He’s not tired in the first quarter, so conditioning isn’t an issue. Playing or not playing a position has nothing to do with hustling and coming up to make a tackle. I also don’t believe those numbers on defense, against Westerville I might have seen 3 tackles, plenty of times where he jumped on top of the pile and first off of it. Perfect example was the 30-40 yard run at the end of the game straight at him smaller lineman just got in front of him minimal block back ran right by. If I didn’t know his number I would’ve had no idea a D1 player was on the field. Great hands and that’s what he’s going for I just think there has to be better options on defense for Chillicothe. One thing coaches can’t teach is effort either have it or you don’t.

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Re: WK4 Chillicothe (2-1) @ Waverly (2-1)

Post by Waverlyintheday »

It will be interesting to see if Waverly Coaching staffs sticks with the freshman corner. He is going to be a good one, just not ready for this level yet Logan Swords is a senior with a ton of speed and will hit you and should be playing at the safety position. The Hurd boy should be playing defensive end in place of 17. Trey 47 should be getting reps as he is a good linebacker, or even at D-end, instead we are playing 9th and 10th graders who simply are not ready. They got beat over and over last game. Jamison started corner and was never given a real chance to prove himself He should replace #6 because he was scared (not his fault he is a freshman who Should not be playing at his age, Prob 14 year old facing off on 18-19 year olds) . #8,2,5,20,22 and D line all look solid. We need to play our kids who give us best chance to win. I really hate when politics come in to sports. There is no reason the kids I mentioned are not playing especially the swords kid. He has not missed a practice and has been doing exactly as he is asked to do. You can still rotate players in and get them reps, if we would of done that last few years we would not be so green, but they had to many stats to get for that senior class.

Chillicothe is a good team and if we open our playbook up and quit running the same 5 pass plays it will be a lot harder to defend. Waverly would be a easy team to watch film on. They have a great playmaker in Hurd, Kelley, and Pollard. They need to get the ball in there hands. We need to make throws that are high percentage and get things going to build confidence. #3 looked good, maybe #6 and #14 on wrong side of ball. We knew there would be a lot of growing pains and I think he is doing great job at QB, 2 picks and only 1 was his fault. #4 running the ball was a nice mix up, #5 needs to come in as a running back option still but they are trying to hard to get him the ball and he is not a playmaker. Hurd and Kelley and Pollard are your playmakers.

If we open it up and throw dump passes and build confidence and run the Hurd boys outside some and not always straight up middle and get Swords boy back in on d I am calling the upset win for the Tigers
Waverly 35-28 over Chilli

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe Has to much for waverly to handle I like Chillicothe in this after watching some tape on waverly 38-14

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:05 am It will be interesting to see if Waverly Coaching staffs sticks with the freshman corner. He is going to be a good one, just not ready for this level yet Logan Swords is a senior with a ton of speed and will hit you and should be playing at the safety position. The Hurd boy should be playing defensive end in place of 17. Trey 47 should be getting reps as he is a good linebacker, or even at D-end, instead we are playing 9th and 10th graders who simply are not ready. They got beat over and over last game. Jamison started corner and was never given a real chance to prove himself He should replace #6 because he was scared (not his fault he is a freshman who Should not be playing at his age, Prob 14 year old facing off on 18-19 year olds) . #8,2,5,20,22 and D line all look solid. We need to play our kids who give us best chance to win. I really hate when politics come in to sports. There is no reason the kids I mentioned are not playing especially the swords kid. He has not missed a practice and has been doing exactly as he is asked to do. You can still rotate players in and get them reps, if we would of done that last few years we would not be so green, but they had to many stats to get for that senior class.

Chillicothe is a good team and if we open our playbook up and quit running the same 5 pass plays it will be a lot harder to defend. Waverly would be a easy team to watch film on. They have a great playmaker in Hurd, Kelley, and Pollard. They need to get the ball in there hands. We need to make throws that are high percentage and get things going to build confidence. #3 looked good, maybe #6 and #14 on wrong side of ball. We knew there would be a lot of growing pains and I think he is doing great job at QB, 2 picks and only 1 was his fault. #4 running the ball was a nice mix up, #5 needs to come in as a running back option still but they are trying to hard to get him the ball and he is not a playmaker. Hurd and Kelley and Pollard are your playmakers.

If we open it up and throw dump passes and build confidence and run the Hurd boys outside some and not always straight up middle and get Swords boy back in on d I am calling the upset win for the Tigers
Interesting run down, not sure which Swords you’re talking about as to not missing any practice. Logan started at Safety week 1 against MT and was roasted a lot which is why he was taken out during the game. I actually think the way Logan plays and will hit I think DE or LB would be a great place for him. I’m with you at LB, as well as Wyatt has played at LB he’s our best DE and it’s a huge drop off from Wyatt to the next DE and I have to think it’d be a less drop off at LB. Teams are getting outside far to much so far. Not sure if you were at the Johnstown game but Jamison played CB in it problem is he struggled and #6 played really well against Johnstown. So he earned the spot he struggled tackling last week against Unioto but like you said he’s a freshman so you’re going to have to live with games like that. In coverage he’s one of our top cover guys to go with #7, #6 has yet to give up a pass completion this season that’s impressive for any player let alone a freshman. They film practices as well so there’s a lot more they’re seeing than just what we see on Friday night. Now you mention politics and I’m have no idea what you’re referring to on that one. Bottom line going into this season we were a .500 ball club and that’s where we’ll finish 5-5, 6-4, we’ve just got to deal with the growth and development and it’ll pay off long term.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:10 am [quote=Waverlyintheday post_id=2015040 time=<a href="tel:1662462319">1662462319</a> user_id=19023]
It will be interesting to see if Waverly Coaching staffs sticks with the freshman corner. He is going to be a good one, just not ready for this level yet Logan Swords is a senior with a ton of speed and will hit you and should be playing at the safety position. The Hurd boy should be playing defensive end in place of 17. Trey 47 should be getting reps as he is a good linebacker, or even at D-end, instead we are playing 9th and 10th graders who simply are not ready. They got beat over and over last game. Jamison started corner and was never given a real chance to prove himself He should replace #6 because he was scared (not his fault he is a freshman who Should not be playing at his age, Prob 14 year old facing off on 18-19 year olds) . #8,2,5,20,22 and D line all look solid. We need to play our kids who give us best chance to win. I really hate when politics come in to sports. There is no reason the kids I mentioned are not playing especially the swords kid. He has not missed a practice and has been doing exactly as he is asked to do. You can still rotate players in and get them reps, if we would of done that last few years we would not be so green, but they had to many stats to get for that senior class.

[/quote]
Interesting run down, not sure which Swords you’re talking about as to not missing any practice. Logan started at Safety week 1 against MT and was roasted a lot which is why he was taken out during the game. I actually think the way Logan plays and will hit I think DE or LB would be a great place for him. I’m with you at LB, as well as Wyatt has played at LB he’s our best DE and it’s a huge drop off from Wyatt to the next DE and I have to think it’d be a less drop off at LB. Teams are getting outside far to much so far. Not sure if you were at the Johnstown game but Jamison played CB in it problem is he struggled and #6 played really well against Johnstown. So he earned the spot he struggled tackling last week against Unioto but like you said he’s a freshman so you’re going to have to live with games like that. In coverage he’s one of our top cover guys to go with #7, #6 has yet to give up a pass completion this season that’s impressive for any player let alone a freshman. They film practices as well so there’s a lot more they’re seeing than just what we see on Friday night. Now you mention politics and I’m have no idea what you’re referring to on that one. Bottom line going into this season we were a .500 ball club and that’s where we’ll finish 5-5, 6-4, we’ve just got to deal with the growth and development and it’ll pay off long term.
[/quote]

Honestly the secondary has been not good all year majority of the time, and they have tried different combos at safety and corner. When they face a team that has a good passing game they may be in trouble. And this week will be a tough test for that. And like you said, we are missing another good DE, which would help against the run and pass. I also think they should move Wyatt back to DE some, depending on the opponent. Because they could put Q. Hurd and Harris at LB and be fine, also have another player or two that could fill in as well.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Yeah and I think a lot of the issue with the pass, MT was able to pass but we’ve made moves and played much better since. We’re simply unable to apply pressure up front then the QB is breaking contain and we just can’t ask the secondary to cover that long. Like you said I think this will be a huge week to see how we handle the pass since the week 1 game against MT where we struggled. Love to see Wyatt back at DE, I’m with ya I think Q, Harris, I also think 47 and I’d move Logan to LB that those guys can get it done. Logan has a lot of speed and will get to the ball at LB, with Wyatt and Legend at DE I think our front 7 improves 10 fold.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:51 am Yeah and I think a lot of the issue with the pass, MT was able to pass but we’ve made moves and played much better since. We’re simply unable to apply pressure up front then the QB is breaking contain and we just can’t ask the secondary to cover that long. Like you said I think this will be a huge week to see how we handle the pass since the week 1 game against MT where we struggled. Love to see Wyatt back at DE, I’m with ya I think Q, Harris, I also think 47 and I’d move Logan to LB that those guys can get it done. Logan has a lot of speed and will get to the ball at LB, with Wyatt and Legend at DE I think our front 7 improves 10 fold.
Imo your defense is tuff to run. 4-2 box with two high safety look. 22 is your best guy but he is an overhang. Teams can take him out of the equation by just running and passing away from him. Also he keeps the edge on strong side but weak side is all on defense end. If you had a safety that could run down hill and help it could work. Also with 4-2 box puts lot of pressure on those 6 to stop run and they will always be outnumbered unless team runs empty.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:13 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:51 am Yeah and I think a lot of the issue with the pass, MT was able to pass but we’ve made moves and played much better since. We’re simply unable to apply pressure up front then the QB is breaking contain and we just can’t ask the secondary to cover that long. Like you said I think this will be a huge week to see how we handle the pass since the week 1 game against MT where we struggled. Love to see Wyatt back at DE, I’m with ya I think Q, Harris, I also think 47 and I’d move Logan to LB that those guys can get it done. Logan has a lot of speed and will get to the ball at LB, with Wyatt and Legend at DE I think our front 7 improves 10 fold.
Imo your defense is tuff to run. 4-2 box with two high safety look. 22 is your best guy but he is an overhang. Teams can take him out of the equation by just running and passing away from him. Also he keeps the edge on strong side but weak side is all on defense end. If you had a safety that could run down hill and help it could work. Also with 4-2 box puts lot of pressure on those 6 to stop run and they will always be outnumbered unless team runs empty.
100% agree you’ve got to have the right personnel to run that defense especially with teams who have the ability to line up and run it. Right now our biggest weakness is just a teams ability to get outside like you said we get outnumbered. Add that into too many turnovers and it’s simply too much pressure on the defense. I mean we were down 18-0 to you guys and had the ball once.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

4-2-5 with 2 high is an nfl defense. Or like your team last year was just so much better it didn’t matter what you ran. I would ether go one high and add another overhang or take off a lineman to go to a 3-4

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:10 am
Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:05 am It will be interesting to see if Waverly Coaching staffs sticks with the freshman corner. He is going to be a good one, just not ready for this level yet Logan Swords is a senior with a ton of speed and will hit you and should be playing at the safety position. The Hurd boy should be playing defensive end in place of 17. Trey 47 should be getting reps as he is a good linebacker, or even at D-end, instead we are playing 9th and 10th graders who simply are not ready. They got beat over and over last game. Jamison started corner and was never given a real chance to prove himself He should replace #6 because he was scared (not his fault he is a freshman who Should not be playing at his age, Prob 14 year old facing off on 18-19 year olds) . #8,2,5,20,22 and D line all look solid. We need to play our kids who give us best chance to win. I really hate when politics come in to sports. There is no reason the kids I mentioned are not playing especially the swords kid. He has not missed a practice and has been doing exactly as he is asked to do. You can still rotate players in and get them reps, if we would of done that last few years we would not be so green, but they had to many stats to get for that senior class.

Not sure where your getting not given up a pass completion. Logan is a senior who they should of worked with instead of yanking him out and saying your done. He just doesn't have anyone in his life to go to the coaches and fight for him. If given the chance and treated right he would be a great football player.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:31 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:10 am

Not sure where your getting not given up a pass completion. Logan is a senior who they should of worked with instead of yanking him out and saying your done. He just doesn't have anyone in his life to go to the coaches and fight for him. If given the chance and treated right he would be a great football player.
Sent you a message no need for further talk on a particular player this in-depth.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

I'll take Chilli, 42-20

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Chillicothe will be too much for the Tigers

WWE HALL OF FAME
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

I got Chillicothe by a couple touchdowns. They are loaded this year. Multiple college athletes

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Chillicothe by 3-4 TDs.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

great matchup

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
football life
Freshman Team

Post by football life »

35-7 Cavs . The 7 will come in garbage time

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I’ll take waverly in a close one

Return to “Football”